MCMBA: Novi

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: MCMBA: Novi

Postby FlintMITropics » August 17th, 2014, 10:33 am

Trail is solid this morning. A little damp so it's not too quick but it wasn't a swamp either, which was great. Haven't ridden here in 6 years, had a great time. On a side note, my Strava app said the trail was only 7.8 miles long.. I don't believe I missed any of the trail either. Any insight into this?
I use platform pedals because I have a tendency of going over the handlebars.
FlintMITropics

Postby c0nsumer » August 17th, 2014, 10:50 am

FlintMITropics wrote:Trail is solid this morning. A little damp so it's not too quick but it wasn't a swamp either, which was great. Haven't ridden here in 6 years, had a great time. On a side note, my Strava app said the trail was only 7.8 miles long.. I don't believe I missed any of the trail either. Any insight into this?

GPS aliasing sucks.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Board Member
River Bends Park Co-Trail Coordinator
MMBA Website / Forum Administrator
Big Ring Coffee MTB Racing

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, the MMBA nor CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby FlintMITropics » August 17th, 2014, 10:55 am

Ah got it, thanks.
I use platform pedals because I have a tendency of going over the handlebars.
FlintMITropics

Postby moto225 » August 17th, 2014, 10:57 am

Thanks for the heads up
moto225

Postby vette-ss » August 18th, 2014, 10:19 am

How's Novi looking after the weekend? Reports of mud at ILRA have me wondering. Wife would rather ride the farm tonight.
vette-ss

Postby Chuck » August 18th, 2014, 11:19 am

was out there this morning, some minor greasy spots in the usual places, all in all its good to go..
Chuck

Postby nhjeffs » August 18th, 2014, 6:29 pm

Good size pine tree across the trail just before the map post entering Loki's.
Jeff

nhjeffs

Postby vette-ss » August 19th, 2014, 7:53 am

Trail was great and ditto the pine mentioned above. Also keep an eye out around the 12-1/2 mile parking spot. Wife and I finished late under the lights; when we got back to the car she asked me if I had the keys because it looked like someone had popped our gas door open searching.....sometimes I put them there. I'm fairly certain our car was about 5 gallons lighter on fuel than when we parked as we had just filled it up. If you see someone walking in the area with a gas can give them the finger for me. Hopefully a fellow biker wouldn't do something like this....
vette-ss

Postby desk_jockey » August 19th, 2014, 9:44 am

vette-ss wrote:Trail was great and ditto the pine mentioned above. Also keep an eye out around the 12-1/2 mile parking spot. Wife and I finished late under the lights; when we got back to the car she asked me if I had the keys because it looked like someone had popped our gas door open searching.....sometimes I put them there. I'm fairly certain our car was about 5 gallons lighter on fuel than when we parked as we had just filled it up. If you see someone walking in the area with a gas can give them the finger for me. Hopefully a fellow biker wouldn't do something like this....

This is scary because I always park at 12.5 mile and leave my keys in the gas cap. Dang.
desk_jockey

Postby c0nsumer » August 19th, 2014, 10:05 am

desk_jockey wrote:
vette-ss wrote:Trail was great and ditto the pine mentioned above. Also keep an eye out around the 12-1/2 mile parking spot. Wife and I finished late under the lights; when we got back to the car she asked me if I had the keys because it looked like someone had popped our gas door open searching.....sometimes I put them there. I'm fairly certain our car was about 5 gallons lighter on fuel than when we parked as we had just filled it up. If you see someone walking in the area with a gas can give them the finger for me. Hopefully a fellow biker wouldn't do something like this....

This is scary because I always park at 12.5 mile and leave my keys in the gas cap. Dang.

Leaving your key anywhere on your car is a poor choice. It always amazes me just how many people I can see tucking their keys out of the way, thinking no one is looking, just by sitting at a table near a trailhead and just watching. I'm surprised there aren't more thefts that happen this way.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Board Member
River Bends Park Co-Trail Coordinator
MMBA Website / Forum Administrator
Big Ring Coffee MTB Racing

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, the MMBA nor CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby Loren » August 19th, 2014, 11:02 am

Cleared the Loki's tree.
Loren

Postby jreyst » August 20th, 2014, 11:55 am

How we looking today? Any chance it's rideable given yesterday afternoon's rain?
--
John Reyst
Primary: 2007 Giant Trance (1x10)
Backup: 2013 Fezzari Wiki Peak
First Bike: 2004 Gary Fisher Cake
jreyst

Postby GHamilton » August 20th, 2014, 12:12 pm

I'd stay away for awhile.
GHamilton

Postby Rojallad » August 21st, 2014, 7:43 am

If anyone rides this morning, please post a report. I'm supposed to ride with a group tonight but we want to avoid if it's too muddy.
Rojallad

Postby GreeneRob » August 22nd, 2014, 9:19 am

Probably too wet from last night?
GreeneRob

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments