MCMBA: Novi

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: MCMBA: Novi

Postby FlintMITropics » August 17th, 2014, 10:33 am

Trail is solid this morning. A little damp so it's not too quick but it wasn't a swamp either, which was great. Haven't ridden here in 6 years, had a great time. On a side note, my Strava app said the trail was only 7.8 miles long.. I don't believe I missed any of the trail either. Any insight into this?
I use platform pedals because I have a tendency of going over the handlebars.
FlintMITropics

Postby c0nsumer » August 17th, 2014, 10:50 am

FlintMITropics wrote:Trail is solid this morning. A little damp so it's not too quick but it wasn't a swamp either, which was great. Haven't ridden here in 6 years, had a great time. On a side note, my Strava app said the trail was only 7.8 miles long.. I don't believe I missed any of the trail either. Any insight into this?

GPS aliasing sucks.
Steve Vigneau
Big Ring Coffee MTB Racing
CRAMBA-IMBA Board Member
River Bends Park Co-Trail Coordinator
MMBA Website / Forum Administrator

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, the MMBA nor CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby FlintMITropics » August 17th, 2014, 10:55 am

Ah got it, thanks.
I use platform pedals because I have a tendency of going over the handlebars.
FlintMITropics

Postby moto225 » August 17th, 2014, 10:57 am

Thanks for the heads up
moto225

Postby vette-ss » August 18th, 2014, 10:19 am

How's Novi looking after the weekend? Reports of mud at ILRA have me wondering. Wife would rather ride the farm tonight.
vette-ss

Postby Chuck » August 18th, 2014, 11:19 am

was out there this morning, some minor greasy spots in the usual places, all in all its good to go..
Chuck

Postby nhjeffs » August 18th, 2014, 6:29 pm

Good size pine tree across the trail just before the map post entering Loki's.
Jeff

nhjeffs

Postby vette-ss » August 19th, 2014, 7:53 am

Trail was great and ditto the pine mentioned above. Also keep an eye out around the 12-1/2 mile parking spot. Wife and I finished late under the lights; when we got back to the car she asked me if I had the keys because it looked like someone had popped our gas door open searching.....sometimes I put them there. I'm fairly certain our car was about 5 gallons lighter on fuel than when we parked as we had just filled it up. If you see someone walking in the area with a gas can give them the finger for me. Hopefully a fellow biker wouldn't do something like this....
vette-ss

Postby desk_jockey » August 19th, 2014, 9:44 am

vette-ss wrote:Trail was great and ditto the pine mentioned above. Also keep an eye out around the 12-1/2 mile parking spot. Wife and I finished late under the lights; when we got back to the car she asked me if I had the keys because it looked like someone had popped our gas door open searching.....sometimes I put them there. I'm fairly certain our car was about 5 gallons lighter on fuel than when we parked as we had just filled it up. If you see someone walking in the area with a gas can give them the finger for me. Hopefully a fellow biker wouldn't do something like this....

This is scary because I always park at 12.5 mile and leave my keys in the gas cap. Dang.
desk_jockey

Postby c0nsumer » August 19th, 2014, 10:05 am

desk_jockey wrote:
vette-ss wrote:Trail was great and ditto the pine mentioned above. Also keep an eye out around the 12-1/2 mile parking spot. Wife and I finished late under the lights; when we got back to the car she asked me if I had the keys because it looked like someone had popped our gas door open searching.....sometimes I put them there. I'm fairly certain our car was about 5 gallons lighter on fuel than when we parked as we had just filled it up. If you see someone walking in the area with a gas can give them the finger for me. Hopefully a fellow biker wouldn't do something like this....

This is scary because I always park at 12.5 mile and leave my keys in the gas cap. Dang.

Leaving your key anywhere on your car is a poor choice. It always amazes me just how many people I can see tucking their keys out of the way, thinking no one is looking, just by sitting at a table near a trailhead and just watching. I'm surprised there aren't more thefts that happen this way.
Steve Vigneau
Big Ring Coffee MTB Racing
CRAMBA-IMBA Board Member
River Bends Park Co-Trail Coordinator
MMBA Website / Forum Administrator

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, the MMBA nor CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby Loren » August 19th, 2014, 11:02 am

Cleared the Loki's tree.
Loren

Postby jreyst » August 20th, 2014, 11:55 am

How we looking today? Any chance it's rideable given yesterday afternoon's rain?
--
John Reyst
Primary: 2007 Giant Trance (1x10)
Backup: 2013 Fezzari Wiki Peak
First Bike: 2004 Gary Fisher Cake
jreyst

Postby GHamilton » August 20th, 2014, 12:12 pm

I'd stay away for awhile.
GHamilton

Postby Rojallad » August 21st, 2014, 7:43 am

If anyone rides this morning, please post a report. I'm supposed to ride with a group tonight but we want to avoid if it's too muddy.
Rojallad

Postby GreeneRob » August 22nd, 2014, 9:19 am

Probably too wet from last night?
GreeneRob

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments