MCMBA: Lakeshore Park (Novi)

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Metro South: Novi

Postby FrankenFuel95 » June 25th, 2010, 10:56 am

daffunda wrote:I saw two ilrtra muddy guys at the back entrance Thursday night. I woud say if rain holds Sunday will be ok, but Friday would still be muddy.

I hate that...

Everyday on my way home from work driving northbound on Novi Rd, I see racked muddy bikes coming and going. These poor trail conditions aren't slowing these people down at all and it's obvious that they either don't know that what they're doing is detrimental or they don't care. :evil:
Regards,
Larry

SUCCESS
Do whatever it is you choose to do as well as you can possibly do it.
-From a calendar hanging on my cubicle wall.

ENOUGH!
FrankenFuel95

Postby str8flush24 » June 25th, 2010, 11:31 am

Are there any other better options in the area that dry out quicker? Hickory Glen or Maybury?
str8flush24

Location: Most likely at work thinking about when I can ride next.

Postby hockeydaddy » June 25th, 2010, 11:42 am

AVOID riding Novi!!!! But if you want to help there will be an emergency trail day there at 10am tomorrow, Saturday. We will meet at 12 1/2 & Dixon.
Some people are alive today simply because it's against the law to kill them.......
Mountain Biker

http://hockeydaddy.blogspot.com/

http://www.teamtreefarm.com/
hockeydaddy

Postby b_b » June 25th, 2010, 1:13 pm

str8flush24 wrote:Are there any other better options in the area that dry out quicker? Hickory Glen or Maybury?

Brighton Rec dries fast. Maybury dries faster than Novi. I rode by there this morning and it was pretty sloppy, so I bailed out before the bad areas. It might be ok by this evening, but it may need another day. Lakeshore is probably the slowest to dry out.
b_b

Postby ColorVoyeur » June 25th, 2010, 1:35 pm

Hickory Glen, Milford, and Proud Lake (3&4) are all usually pretty darn dry right after a rain storm.
I'll do what I can to be there tomorrow morning... not sure if I'm going to be tied to the desk or not.
No Dig, No Ride
ColorVoyeur

Postby flashflavin » June 27th, 2010, 9:08 am

are these dog friendly rides? Sorry, Idaho out-of-towner.
flashflavin

Postby hockeydaddy » June 27th, 2010, 7:58 pm

Hi Flash, saw you,your pup and lady riding today. I was the guy out working on the trail. Hope you enjoyed yourselves!!!
Some people are alive today simply because it's against the law to kill them.......
Mountain Biker

http://hockeydaddy.blogspot.com/

http://www.teamtreefarm.com/
hockeydaddy

Postby str8flush24 » June 29th, 2010, 9:25 am

Anyone know the true mileage riding the outer most difficult loop? I know the trail guide says 10 but my GPS keeps coming up with a little over 7. Its just a cheap iphone app so I am not sure if its off. Does the 10 include the easier connector trails? TIA!
str8flush24

Location: Most likely at work thinking about when I can ride next.

Postby FrankenFuel95 » June 29th, 2010, 9:30 am

str8flush24 wrote:Anyone know the true mileage riding the outer most difficult loop? I know the trail guide says 10 but my GPS keeps coming up with a little over 7. Its just a cheap iphone app so I am not sure if its off. Does the 10 include the easier connector trails? TIA!

Your GPS must be losing its signal under the tree cover. Everyone with a wheel mounted sensor comes up with 10 to 10.5 miles.
Regards,
Larry

SUCCESS
Do whatever it is you choose to do as well as you can possibly do it.
-From a calendar hanging on my cubicle wall.

ENOUGH!
FrankenFuel95

Postby hdtogt » June 29th, 2010, 7:34 pm

Busy out there this afternoon. I had not been to the trail in a month - it was in really decent shape considering the rain over the last several weeks. Only a couple soft spots, no standing water. Some pits had developed from prior riders, but someone has been out there to put brush over the bad areas and line the soft edges with downed logs to direct people away from the soft edges. A great ride!
hdtogt

Postby irish » July 2nd, 2010, 12:50 pm

Just wanted to check before I went, sounds like the trail is good to ride tomorrow morning right? I'm going to try to hit it early, I'm still new to MTB and learning as I go. Say hi if you see me out there on my red Rockhopper.
irish

Postby fizgig » July 2nd, 2010, 1:12 pm

hdtogt wrote:Busy out there this afternoon. I had not been to the trail in a month - it was in really decent shape considering the rain over the last several weeks. Only a couple soft spots, no standing water. Some pits had developed from prior riders, but someone has been out there to put brush over the bad areas and line the soft edges with downed logs to direct people away from the soft edges. A great ride!

i hope the logs are on the high side, or they will just lead to more mud and erosion
aka Whitey
fizgig

Postby Loren » July 4th, 2010, 11:48 am

Trail is in fine shape - enjoy!
Loren

Postby EnRaz » July 6th, 2010, 9:11 am

Rode the trail Friday & Sunday. Hadn't been there in about 3 weeks prior to that and was amazed at the condition! All the work that's been put in out there has really paid off!! Only issue is a tree down right before the last rock garden prior to the Crater. About 12" diameter with a few branches thrown in front to try & make it rideable (it's not, unless you hate your large chainring). Will require a chainsaw...
~Nick

"It is a tragedy of the world that a man does not know what he does not know. And the less a man knows, the more sure he is that he knows everything."
EnRaz

Metro South: Novi

Postby Loren » July 6th, 2010, 9:42 am

We're considering incorporating that tree into a new feature!
Loren

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions