MCMBA: Lakeshore Park (Novi)

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Metro South: Novi

Postby Apps » October 22nd, 2009, 7:37 am

jgerhardt wrote:I just rode Lakeshore for the first time, and I must say that the trail is a blast.
A little muddy, but not bad considering the rain we had last night.

There was one part toward the beginning where the trail Y'd and it was not marked. After heading down what I though was the wrong way (a super sharp right turn) I doubled back and hooked up with what turned out to be the correct way. The trail had several log obstacles right after each other in succession and looked fun, however since it was my first time I didn't want to go exploring to much, maybe next time.

After the "super sharp turn, did you ride down a hill with lots of roots? Most of the intersections have signposts with maps on them so I'm a little confused on where this section is...we'd like to make sure we fix any weird areas....
Apps

Postby Loren » October 22nd, 2009, 7:56 am

Can't be there - there's a sign at the top.

This is a challenging time of year to ride unfamiliar trails with all the leaves down. Everything looks like singletrack.
Loren

Postby WallEyed » October 22nd, 2009, 8:06 am

Could be towards the end of Limey's where the old trail cuts left to the two-track.
Dave Cox
Co-Trail Coordinator - Lakeshore Park
WallEyed

Postby Loren » October 22nd, 2009, 8:15 am

Yeah, but that wouldn't be a super sharp right turn... Maybe towards the end of expert, just before the climb to the three log piles and the raised skinny, you could right turn into 2 track and the 754 bridge?
Loren

Postby fizgig » October 22nd, 2009, 8:29 am

only part I think is unclear is when you are going into 5, you're supposed to go right going into the crater loop, but if you've never been there before you might not realize straight is two track and left takes you back to the start of the 754 loop.
fizgig

Postby WallEyed » October 22nd, 2009, 8:34 am

Yeah, the return from 754 could definitely use a sign. Good call.
Dave Cox
Co-Trail Coordinator - Lakeshore Park
WallEyed

Postby fizgig » October 22nd, 2009, 8:45 am

it's hardly a "sharp right" though, so it's probably not what he's talking about.
fizgig

Postby jgerhardt » October 22nd, 2009, 9:53 am

After looking at the map online I think what I did was miss the turn for the "Expert Loop" at #2 and somehow got back on at the next blue dot on the map (between #2 and #3). When I merged back on the correct trail (never even knowing I was off the MTB trail) what I thought was another side trail was actually the main MTB trail. Kind of confusing, but next time I should take the correct turn.

And you are right, with all of the leaves I had to stop at every map to ensure I was heading in the correct direction.
Though, again, great trail! Being from Missouri we don't have that many super fast single track like this.
jgerhardt

Postby fizgig » October 22nd, 2009, 10:21 am

you missed the best loop, go back and check it out. the sign is at the top of the climb at the end of the first section.
fizgig

Postby jgerhardt » October 25th, 2009, 9:12 pm

I just rode it again today and for the life of my I could not find the area I found last time. Oh well. no big deal.
There is a tree down a little ways after the big crater, I had to hoof it a good 15 feet off the trail to get around it, other than that the trail is in great shape, and still easy to read, even with all of the leaves!
jgerhardt

Postby Loren » October 25th, 2009, 9:57 pm

Thanks for the update. I'll take a look at that tree tomorrow.
Loren

Postby EnRaz » October 30th, 2009, 7:21 am

Rode the Farm yesterday evening and it is pretty muddy and extremely slick b/c of leaves over top of mud. I think I missed a rain storm this week or something b/c it was much more wet than I expected. Did it rain some time between Tuesday night and this morning? Regardless, it was a fun, but slippery ride and I'd avoid the trail to give it some dry time before I hit it again...
EnRaz

Postby Loren » October 30th, 2009, 7:26 am

Yup, and it's actively raining now. Avoid for awhile...
Loren

Postby drmoorejr » November 2nd, 2009, 3:56 pm

Lake Shore Park trail was nice on Wednesday. I have been riding on Wednesdays after work... I hope it will be good this week.
drmoorejr

Postby ibisman » November 3rd, 2009, 4:51 pm

i did two laps this morning and there were a few muddy spots and a tree across the trail ( you can bunny hop) around 6.6 miles I think but I still managed a finale lap of .58 minutes.
ibisman

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions