MCMBA: Lakeshore Park (Novi)

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Metro South: Novi

Postby fizgig » September 17th, 2009, 6:54 am

neat, thanks for that.
fizgig

Postby bigzz » September 17th, 2009, 6:51 pm

Like a dumb a$$ :oops: i left me black sunglasses in the right bathroom at the Tree Farm tonight while i was changing. Didnt realize it until i was driving home since i do not ride with them. If anyone has found them please PM me. :cry:

Trail was very fast. Awesome time out. Lots of riders without helmets.
bigzz

Postby EnRaz » September 28th, 2009, 10:43 am

Went out Friday (9-ish) and Saturday (10-ish) for some night riding and the trail was in amazing shape. Not sure how this morning's rain will have affected it, but it was near perfect this weekend!
EnRaz

Postby Dirtdevil » October 1st, 2009, 7:44 am

Rode the Farm last night. The trail was in excellent shape. A few small mud puddles, mostly in the beginning of the trail (Limey's), but other than that, per-fect-o.
Dirtdevil

Postby troy1 » October 1st, 2009, 1:27 pm

Just a heads up, looks like someone might be hunting in the area around miles 4 and 5. Bow deer season started today and there was a jeep parked out on the two track near the big open area.
troy1

Postby troy1 » October 1st, 2009, 1:28 pm

Sorry i meant sections 4 and 5. Lost loop area.
troy1

Postby FrankenFuel95 » October 1st, 2009, 2:07 pm

troy1 wrote:Just a heads up, looks like someone might be hunting in the area around miles 4 and 5. Bow deer season started today and there was a jeep parked out on the two track near the big open area.

Thx for the headsup. Hunting is not allowed in City of Novi Parks so if you see anyone setting up a hunting stand or blind, please call Non-Emergency: 248-348-7100 to get the Novi Police out there.

Or perhaps what you saw was just a guy riding/poaching the trail from an easy access point... hard to tell without seeing who came out of the Jeep or what that person was up to. I wouldn't call the authorities without conclusive evidence.
FrankenFuel95

Postby mpominville » October 1st, 2009, 3:13 pm

I had three does almost take me out Tuesday night. They were running through the woods and cut me off on the trail.
mpominville

Postby 3d » October 2nd, 2009, 8:29 am

FrankenFuel95 wrote:
troy1 wrote:Just a heads up, looks like someone might be hunting in the area around miles 4 and 5. Bow deer season started today and there was a jeep parked out on the two track near the big open area.

Thx for the headsup. Hunting is not allowed in City of Novi Parks so if you see anyone setting up a hunting stand or blind, please call Non-Emergency: 248-348-7100 to get the Novi Police out there.

Or perhaps what you saw was just a guy riding/poaching the trail from an easy access point... hard to tell without seeing who came out of the Jeep or what that person was up to. I wouldn't call the authorities without conclusive evidence.

i rode the farm last night about 6 and the same vehicle was still there; a white, late 90's, grand cherokee. its at the end of the gravel two-track between the railroad tracks and that new housing development. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... 6&t=h&z=18

other than that, the trail was in fabulous shape and i had a great ride, i love hitting the trails when the leaves and needles start to fall
3d

Postby FrankenFuel95 » October 2nd, 2009, 9:20 am

3d wrote:
FrankenFuel95 wrote:

i rode the farm last night about 6 and the same vehicle was still there; a white, late 90's, grand cherokee. its at the end of the gravel two-track between the railroad tracks and that new housing development. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... 6&t=h&z=18

other than that, the trail was in fabulous shape and i had a great ride, i love hitting the trails when the leaves and needles start to fall

Yup, saw it last night too. It was still there around 7:30.
FrankenFuel95

Postby troy1 » October 2nd, 2009, 3:03 pm

thats the one.
troy1

Postby Dirtdevil » October 5th, 2009, 7:12 pm

Rode the farm tonite...the usual puddles, but overall pretty good shape. Hope we don't get the predicted rain tomorrow.
Dirtdevil

Postby Loren » October 7th, 2009, 5:16 pm

Trail is clear again after the windstorm. There are still a large number of small branches on the trail. Nothing you can't just ignore and roll over, but if we all took the time to kick one or two out of the way each mile, the trail would be clear again in no time...

A few mud puddles in the usual locations, but rideable. Be careful - wet leaves are pretty slippery this time of year!
Loren

Postby ibisman » October 13th, 2009, 12:46 pm

Tuesday 10/12/09 Did tw laps at about 10 am and the trail was great. Few small mud puddles but most of the trail was tacky to dry, and fast! Thanks for the trail fixes that were done since last week! Great job. Loren, I'm retiring the end of this month so if you need help with anything let me know? Dave (734) 277-6336
ibisman

Postby Loren » October 13th, 2009, 1:32 pm

Excellent! Many hands make light work, or so they say. Not sure that applies to moving rocks and limestone.
Loren

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions