MCMBA: Lakeshore Park (Novi)

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Metro South: Novi

Postby Loren » August 24th, 2009, 9:38 pm

Thanks for the report, and welcome!
Loren

Postby troy1 » August 24th, 2009, 10:05 pm

thanks for the welcome, and how is the arm.
troy1

Postby Dirtdevil » August 25th, 2009, 7:40 am

Large tree in expert still there, be alert in the first 1/4 of the loop. Another tree is down at the beginning of Maru's Way...it's rideable, but will probably need to be removed or ramped. :)
Dirtdevil

Postby WallEyed » August 25th, 2009, 11:36 am

I'm hoping to get that all cleared this evening!
Dave Cox
Co-Trail Coordinator - Lakeshore Park
WallEyed

Postby hockeydaddy » August 25th, 2009, 11:55 am

WallEyed wrote:I'm hoping to get that all cleared this evening!

Don't forget the one old widow maker by 12 1/2.
Some people are alive today simply because it's against the law to kill them.......
Mountain Biker

http://hockeydaddy.blogspot.com/

http://www.teamtreefarm.com/
hockeydaddy

Postby BLOOMIS914 » August 30th, 2009, 2:57 pm

Any status on Lakeshore......dry to ride or still muddy? We got a lot of rain in the Northville Novi area on Friday afternoon and a light rain again last night.
BLOOMIS914

Postby WallEyed » August 30th, 2009, 5:27 pm

I haven't been out there this weekend, but I'm sure it's close to being fine. All the grass and dirt flower beds at my house are dry, and I'm a couple miles from the park. By tomorrow it should definitely be good to go, and I'm planning on riding.
Dave Cox
WallEyed

Postby WallEyed » August 31st, 2009, 2:23 pm

I just want to give everyone a heads up that on Tuesday, September 1 the section of the trail called the "Lost Loop" (which starts at marker 4 on the map) will be closed for the day while the city repairs the return bridge. I will be putting up a sign and caution tape blocking the trail off starting this evening (Monday, August 31). Please try to avoid this section until the city finishes the repair, which should only take a day. Thanks!
Dave Cox
WallEyed

Postby RobM » September 8th, 2009, 7:59 pm

Top of a pine tree down over the trail near the beginning of the second section of pine switch backs towards the end of the trail. Otherwise just a few water puddles out there today between 5 & 6 PM.
RobM

Postby BLOOMIS914 » September 9th, 2009, 7:01 pm

Rode the trail on Labor Day with the wife, kids and grandparents.....Had a great ride. Kids loved the pump track......While we were riding it I noticed a guy brush-hogging/weed-whipping the inner high weeds and thought man that sure is nice of him......Then I saw the green cast and recognized Loren!!!!!!! Thanks a lot and I hope the wrist/hand/arm gets well soon. Thanks for your hard work out there...on Labor Day no less!!!!
BLOOMIS914

Postby FrankenFuel95 » September 9th, 2009, 7:15 pm

RobM wrote:Top of a pine tree down over the trail near the beginning of the second section of pine switch backs towards the end of the trail. Otherwise just a few water puddles out there today between 5 & 6 PM.

To pinpoint this further; it's just before you get to the the blue and white bench area. So if someone with a handsaw wants to get there quickly just two track it to the benches and walk in the trail going in the opposite direction of flow. Trail was fun tonight, just a few mud holes that splashed me pretty good. Only person I saw was DirtDevil and that was in the parking lot.
FrankenFuel95

Postby Dirtdevil » September 10th, 2009, 7:18 am

Like Larry said, tree still down in the Pines. I cleared a rather large tree in the Swamp Loop. Also, I saw 3 widow makers...

1. towards the end of the expert loop;
2. at the end of Flack Attack (?) after the 1/2 way point, just after the log pile;
3. at the area of the last "big" climb on the 2nd half of the Pines (after the left momentum-killer left switchback that leads into the climb).

The usual mud puddles. The rain packed down the dusty areas making the trail very, very fast!!!
Dirtdevil

Postby Loren » September 10th, 2009, 8:33 am

Thanks for the details.

Just back from a walk this am. Started at the Heidelberg project, cleared a big tree on the 2 track and then walked trail backwards through skunks and didn't see anything. Should have gone the other way... maybe later today.

Arm's feeling much better!
Loren

Postby Loren » September 10th, 2009, 8:42 am

Novi Family Campout at Lakeshore Park, Sept 19th and 20th. Details at http://www.cityofnovi.org/Government/PressReleases/2009/090909bFamilyCampOut.asp
Loren

Postby Loren » September 10th, 2009, 12:18 pm

Tree cleared from pines and beginning of loki's.
Loren

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions