MCMBA: Novi

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: MCMBA: Novi

Postby Loren » April 18th, 2013, 10:45 am

Yeah, it really is. ColorVoyeur does great work.
Loren

Postby iamkickstand » April 18th, 2013, 10:54 am

Loren wrote:Yeah, it really is. ColorVoyeur does great work.

That he does, and, he's fun to ride with.
iamkickstand

Postby Ricky Billy » April 19th, 2013, 6:32 am

Loren wrote:We are having a trail work day at the Farm this Saturday at 9:00 AM. This is mostly going to be a cleanup type of trail day where we do some trimming, rut repair, deberming and trash cleanup. We are also going to get rid of the old bridge coming back from Swamp Loop.

We will once again be doing the "Park Pass for Trail Hours" program, and this trail day should get you halfway to your 16 hour goal for a free non-resident park pass!

Lunch provided. We have some rakes, loppers, and shovels in the trailer, but more might be handy.

Forecast - mostly sunny, in the 40s. Hope to see you there!

I was hoping to come out and help Saturday but it’s my friends birthday. How often do you do trail days? I’d like to make it to the next one to do my part.
Shake - N - bake!! Shut your d*mn hole chip!!!
Ricky Billy

Postby Loren » April 19th, 2013, 7:00 am

We schedule them from time to time as needs arise. Next weekend is Maybury State Park!
Loren

Postby Ricky Billy » April 19th, 2013, 7:21 am

Is it like 4 hours of work then a quick lap, or is it a longer day? would just like to be prepared. I have yet to do a trail day. I have loppers, hand saws, hedgers, battery powered sawsall, saw...
Shake - N - bake!! Shut your d*mn hole chip!!!
Ricky Billy

Postby Loren » April 19th, 2013, 12:22 pm

It really varies depending on the trail and what kind of work we're doing. Many trail days are exactly as you describe - a morning of work in groups, lunch, and then a ride. Others are longer, because there are more projects to work on.

We're always happy to have the help, even if you can only stay for a couple hours!
Loren

Postby GreeneRob » April 19th, 2013, 1:01 pm

How is the trail today?
GreeneRob

Postby Loren » April 19th, 2013, 1:10 pm

Haven't been out there, but we just got over an inch of rain over the last couple days...
Loren

Postby Monkeyman » April 20th, 2013, 9:14 pm

Great trail day today and a good turn out in spite of the cold temperatures. Thanks to all that came out and helped and repaired ruts throughout the trail.

Of course, there always is one *beep* that comes out and rides the muddy trail immediately after it was repaired. Not surprisingly, it was a Racing Greyhound. :roll:

Good job, dude - and no, it's not OK because you were on a fat bike.
Monkeyman

Postby c0nsumer » April 20th, 2013, 9:39 pm

Monkeyman wrote:Great trail day today and a good turn out in spite of the cold temperatures. Thanks to all that came out and helped and repaired ruts throughout the trail.

Of course, there always is one *beep* that comes out and rides the muddy trail immediately after it was repaired. Not surprisingly, it was a Racing Greyhound. :roll:

If riding it damaged it, was it really repaired?
Steve Vigneau
Big Ring Coffee MTB Racing
CRAMBA-IMBA Board Member
River Bends Park Co-Trail Coordinator
MMBA Website / Forum Administrator

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, the MMBA nor CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby fsr1 » April 20th, 2013, 9:44 pm

c0nsumer wrote:
Monkeyman wrote:Great trail day today and a good turn out in spite of the cold temperatures. Thanks to all that came out and helped and repaired ruts throughout the trail.

If riding it damaged it, was it really repaired?

The trail was too muddy to ride regardless of whether we were repairing or not.
Mark Dombrowski
Trail Coordinator Island Lake Recreation Area
http://www.teamtreefarm.com/
fsr1

Postby bigzz » April 20th, 2013, 10:31 pm

Got it "Monkeyman" trail is too muddy to ride. Your post will serve as an example to all MTBers what not to do after a trail day And after 1 inch of rain at the "Tree Farm". :roll:
Racing Greyhounds
It is what it is......[*_*].......
bigzz

Postby johanssont » April 21st, 2013, 7:46 am

I think you have this backward. Someone was too selfish that they do not care how much they damage the trail that everybody else has been smart/kind enough not to damage by riding when it is wet.

You imply that monkeyman is claiming the trail for himself when he is the guy out there doing maintenance on the trail so everyone can enjoy it and your teammate/you were out there messing it up for everyone.

Why is it when a guy pulls a *beep* move and gets called out on it he doubles down and attacks the person that called him out instead of thinking maybe they were called out for a reason? I see it all the time but sometimes I like to think MTBers are a little bit better than that. Obviously I am wrong.
Dirty Thirties
johanssont

Postby bigzz » April 21st, 2013, 8:38 am

Got it "Johanssont" trail is too muddy to ride. Your post will also serve as an example to all MTBers what not to do after a trail day And after 1 inch of rain at the "Tree Farm". Thank you for your observation. Hopefully all the other thousands of mtber will see this thread and no when to and when not to ride the "Tree farm".
Racing Greyhounds
It is what it is......[*_*].......
bigzz

Postby KonaNiner » April 21st, 2013, 8:58 am

Uh, don't they have like 100 riders, many of whom do trail days? Why the team dis for one rider?
KonaNiner

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments