MCMBA: Lakeshore Park (Novi)

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Metro South: Novi

Postby Apps » July 24th, 2009, 1:58 pm

We've been real dry lately so that's why Novi "hnadled" the rain....I probably would have given it 12-24 hours before riding it to make sure it was ok...probably would have ridden Commerce if I HAD to get a dirt ride in....
Apps

Postby ibisman » July 24th, 2009, 2:58 pm

"Hnadled"? And, yes I HAD to get a dirt ride in as opposed to a cement ride in. Geez.
ibisman

Postby Apps » July 24th, 2009, 3:33 pm

Apps wrote:We've been real dry lately so that's why Novi "handled" the rain....I probably would have given it 12-24 hours before riding it to make sure it was ok...probably would have ridden Commerce if I HAD to get a dirt ride in....
Apps

Postby EnRaz » July 26th, 2009, 8:59 pm

Ran two laps today beginning around noon. The fact that I could *barely* tell that a race had been run there yesterday, in the rain, is a real testament to those who dedicate so much time & hard work to this trail! There were only two spots where it was even slightly evident: the uphill transition onto the concrete chunks just before the crater, and the section of trail right at the end of Flack Attack just before the 6MM. Everywhere else, the trail was fantastic & begging to be ridden fast.
EnRaz

Postby Rudydog » July 28th, 2009, 5:11 pm

FOUND I found on monday the 27th a nice, and pricey pair of sunglasses around 8:30pm. Email me the brand and a description and they're yours. oldruff77@aol.com
Rudydog

Postby ibisman » July 30th, 2009, 12:43 pm

Today, Thursday I did 2 laps and the trail was great! A few small wet spots but fast. I finally broke an hour since my knee surgery. 57:30.
ibisman

Postby EnRaz » July 31st, 2009, 6:47 am

ibisman wrote:Today, Thursday I did 2 laps and the trail was great! A few small wet spots but fast. I finally broke an hour since my knee surgery.

What happened to your knee?

oh yeah, and like ibisman said, trail is in GREAT shape.
EnRaz

Postby ibisman » July 31st, 2009, 12:48 pm

torn meniscus? Something like that.
ibisman

Postby dirtmuncher » August 1st, 2009, 8:14 pm

Rode Novi this morning and it was near perfect. I cannot believe that there was a major event here recently (team time trial). Thanks to everyone who contributed to the cleanup, your efforts really paid off.
dirtmuncher

Postby ibisman » August 4th, 2009, 2:23 pm

Did two laps this morning and the trail was good. A tree down at 1.1 mile. The rest was great.
ibisman

Postby agfrag » August 8th, 2009, 12:46 pm

Saw something a little strange this past Tuesday evening (group ride day). There were 3 people pushing 2 bikes each down the two track toward the entrance. Did three people crash? Or one crashed and two stayed to help? Or they were just taking the bikes for a stroll?!?!

Just curious...
agfrag

Postby FrankenFuel95 » August 8th, 2009, 1:27 pm

agfrag wrote:Saw something a little strange this past Tuesday evening (group ride day). There were 3 people pushing 2 bikes each down the two track toward the entrance. Did three people crash? Or one crashed and two stayed to help? Or they were just taking the bikes for a stroll?!?!

Just curious...

Tuesday was not a good night at the Tree Farm for two of our regular riders. Some riders stayed back with the injured and EMS so their bikes along with the injured people's bikes got walked out. Both injuries require(d) surgery, unfortunately.
FrankenFuel95

Postby Sortaslow » August 15th, 2009, 12:34 pm

First time on this trail yesterday. Man, what an awesome trail and a great time. I usually ride Stony Creek, Bald Mt. and Addison Oaks. Lakeshore is like all of those in one and with better tech features. Speed, speed, speed... and some great up down rollercoaster-type hills. The climbs are short and sweet with nice downhills following in which to catch your breath.

Great trail markers/signage too and always a bypass for noobs. I wish this were closer to me. Getting to the west side form the east side is tough with all the construction these days.

To those who created this trail and keep it running..... great job.
Sortaslow

Wallet found 8/16/09

Postby Sortaslow » August 16th, 2009, 5:05 pm

Wallet found at lakeshore today around 3:30. Belongs to a Richard. Dropped it off at park office. It was found at the final log pile near the mini craters at the end of trail.
Sortaslow

Postby troy1 » August 24th, 2009, 9:34 pm

good size tree down in the expert loop shortly before the large log pile.
troy1

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions