NMMBA: Aspen Park

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Northern: Aspen Park

Postby Davidpeckjr » July 4th, 2011, 4:46 pm

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... f34a838d40

Photos of Aspen Single track mountain bike trail. Taken July 4 2011.
2013 Miles (29er mnt=0, road=0) ('86 Schwinn=0)
Trail Maintenance hrs =0
Trails ridden;
Davidpeckjr

Postby Davidpeckjr » July 18th, 2011, 9:32 pm

Had a nice ride this evening. The rain packed the trail down and it made for a quick ride. 35 mins(single lap) my best time yet. Still need to cut some brush back. It really is a fun trail even with the rooty sections. I would have to say those single speed guys should really check this trail out! don't let the second and third section fool you, The trail runs you up and down ridge lines.
Trail Maintenance hrs =0
Trails ridden;
Davidpeckjr

Postby Davidpeckjr » July 19th, 2011, 5:52 pm

Are there any do's and don't when working on the trail? I have interest in working on the branches that block the view of the trail and hit you in the face.
Trail Maintenance hrs =0
Trails ridden;
Davidpeckjr

Postby Davidpeckjr » July 27th, 2011, 9:46 pm

I have done some work on the trails today. I cut some grass and trim branches that hung in the trail. There is some other areas I would like to sweep out the sand. most of the work was on "section 2" and "section 3". I think of the sections being divided by the paved trail. Also swept out the information board on the back side of paved trail. I trimmed branches from Section 1,2,3,4,5. There is a lot of work to do on "section 6", I will get to that another day. The next time I go I would like to pickup the trash and trim the last section. I am not sure if I will get to sweeping the sand out. Also I found an old garden rake just after the big field going into the red pines. let me know if anyone was looking for it. Have a great day!
Trail Maintenance hrs =0
Trails ridden;
Davidpeckjr

Postby Davidpeckjr » August 13th, 2011, 7:43 pm

There is going to be a work day for Aspen Trails. It will start on the 27th of August. It will not only improve our trail; but also help a young man with his Eagle Service Project. This is the highest award and honor any young man can receive in Boy Scouts. So if you love the trail or would like to help a young man out. Please stop by. Lunch will be provided! 9:00am on the 27th of August. If there is a rain day, then the work day will start on the 28th. Contact "jpw700" for more details!
Trail Maintenance hrs =0
Trails ridden;
Davidpeckjr

Postby muttonmark » October 23rd, 2011, 9:45 pm

Rode it for the first time today. I had a hard time reading the trail ahead in a lot of parts due to the downed leaves. I had a hard time finding any flow. A couple of the climbs towards the end get the heart goin, a little bit. But still, just felt that there was something missing.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/123927060
muttonmark

Postby Davidpeckjr » November 9th, 2011, 12:26 pm

What is missing? I really think the trail is an easy with a few (couple) glimpses of intermediate level trail. I even take my six year old on some of the sections. I have not notice a lot of bikers on the trail. I have mostly seen walkers and cross-country folks on it. What do you think it needs? It is 6 miles and has 6 "section". I think the trail could use some better marking and maybe a reroute that go through a couple of trees.
Trail Maintenance hrs =0
Trails ridden;
Davidpeckjr

Postby jalopy jockey » November 9th, 2011, 12:43 pm

Davidpeckjr wrote:What is missing? I really think the trail is an easy with a few (couple) glimpses of intermediate level trail. I even take my six year old on some of the sections. I have not notice a lot of bikers on the trail. I have mostly seen walkers and cross-country folks on it. What do you think it needs? It is 6 miles and has 6 "section". I think the trail could use some better marking and maybe a reroute that go through a couple of trees.

4 foot drops 30 foot long skinnies 20 feet off the grouns and 5,000 feet of vertical. :wink:

I love the trail fast, fun, and convinient, and I agree I could take my kids there.
I guess I'm lacking mental clarity because I don't smoke pot. " - Di Bear
jalopy jockey

Postby muttonmark » November 20th, 2011, 10:48 am

Don't get me wrong, guys, I bet the trail could be fun. It was difficult for me to get into any flow due to the fact that I couldn't see the trail far enough ahead to really get rolling, largely due to all of the downed leaves and I hadn't been on it before. Then when I got to the end, I was looking for more.
muttonmark

Re: NMMBA: Aspen Park

Postby Davidpeckjr » April 29th, 2012, 1:30 pm

Looking to get some folks together to ride Wed or thurs this week. (May) Met me know if you would like to ride.
Trail Maintenance hrs =0
Trails ridden;
Davidpeckjr

Postby Davidpeckjr » April 29th, 2012, 1:31 pm

There is one log that is across the trail on the first section. I will try to get to it some time, unless some one bets me to it.
Trail Maintenance hrs =0
Trails ridden;
Davidpeckjr

Postby specialized rider » May 22nd, 2012, 11:21 pm

Great trail first time up there. Tree down at bottom of a downhill, dont know the location due to I dont know the trail. Sorry.
I want my Big Wheel back.
specialized rider

Postby jpw700 » May 23rd, 2012, 8:14 am

specialized rider wrote:Great trail first time up there. Tree down at bottom of a downhill, dont know the location due to I dont know the trail. Sorry.

Glad you enjoyed trail & thanks for the info.We'll get that tree off asap.
jpw700

Postby lunge bob sweatpants » May 26th, 2012, 5:07 pm

Rode a couple of laps this morning. Trail is in great shape. Just be careful of the downhill coming out of the 2nd group pines, the bottom left turn is loose. I really enjoy this trail.
lunge bob sweatpants

Postby Davidpeckjr » July 13th, 2012, 10:21 pm

I did some maintenance today. I mowed grass along trails and swept sand out of some of the corners. And I did try to clear some of the pine needles from a section as well.
Not sure if anyone is keeping track. I was able to get a 33 min lap in the other day. I will be posting the video as soon as I can on youtube, and I will have a link here.
Trail Maintenance hrs =0
Trails ridden;
Davidpeckjr

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments