Mid-State: Burchfield

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Mid-State: Burchfield

Postby reidabel » October 29th, 2013, 9:33 am

Just sawed up and lined up pieces of the big log that uprooted over the trail that goes down behind the pond (which is now dry, surprisingly) near Looman's Run. Please don't move these pieces (or try to ride on them). The plan is for the park to help us by moving them, within the next few days, to Dragonball Run for use in a new feature or two. Nobody else should be taking these pieces anywhere! Conditions on the trail seemed great this morning.
reidabel

Postby Overdrive » November 19th, 2013, 9:29 pm

Overdrive wrote:
xcrdr wrote:My yard is cleaned up. Now I just want my power back on. By the sounds of it the trails won't be good for a week or so. I wonder how Anderson fared.

Trail condition (the dirt) is awesome. Just need to get rid of a bunch of timber and small stuff before it's under snow.
Any ETA on your power return? I've been hearing fewer generators as the day went.

Anderson update here:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=89832&p=841879#p841879
SpeedyChix
Overdrive

Postby xcrdr » March 26th, 2014, 11:02 am

SteveF wrote:
F7Cannon wrote:
xcrdr wrote:So are the trails ready? :)

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Yup! Good to go Don. Group ride this week? :lol:

Trail tease!

I'm in Shaun! My new hoverbike should be here in time!

I've got my loppers and boots ready just in case the trail needs some work. :wink:
It's not your strength or skill. It's your level of commitment.

Specialized Epic Comp Carbon
Redline d660 1X10
2016 Specialized Diverge Elite DSW
1995 Giant ATX 890 with 1996 Rock Shox Judy XC still running!
Specialized Stumpjumper FSR 6Fattie Carbon

2015 Goal: Ride some
2016 Goal: Ride more
xcrdr

Postby plunderspunk » May 17th, 2014, 9:06 am

Yesterday had a nice ride on the trail I haven't been on in almost a year. there's standing water on the trail just before the entrance to Hellboy, which I unfortunately attempted to ride through and got soakered, but other than that the trail was great. (: Thanks to the folks who help to maintain this great trail.
Bernie Sanders for President 2016
plunderspunk

Postby AllMountin' » July 13th, 2014, 9:11 am

Solid conditions all around out there yesterday evening. Not sure what rain was had overnight, so who knows now...
--=Steve=--

Tom Robbins wrote:It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
AllMountin'

Postby Overdrive » July 22nd, 2014, 7:38 am

plunderspunk wrote:awesome conditions over the weekend, with like, 3 people riding?it's like having your own private Idaho? :wink:

shhhhh, we'll be inundated with riders if the word gets out :lol:
SpeedyChix
Overdrive

Postby reidabel » August 3rd, 2014, 12:27 pm

Good points ... so, the solution is this (not speaking to xcrdr individually): We all should: not make shortcuts, not take any shortcuts, swallow our pride and let the cheaters beat us on Strava, and track our own times to measure our own REAL apples-to-apples improvement.

Wouldn't it be great if the Strava users trimmed the trail before riding it in order to get the best possible (non-shortcutting) time? Some of that stuff overhanging Nathan Dynamite would definitely have slowed people down.
reidabel

Postby SteveF » August 7th, 2014, 9:49 am

Overdrive wrote:
SteveF wrote:Probably pretty wet over there today eh?

Didn't get over there for a run today but had pretty heavy rain. Another day would be good.

Thanks, talked to Shaun and that's what he said too. We're gonn ride this evening if you're interested!
Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets replaced.
SteveF

Postby Overdrive » August 7th, 2014, 9:58 am

SteveF wrote:
Overdrive wrote:
SteveF wrote:Probably pretty wet over there today eh?

Didn't get over there for a run today but had pretty heavy rain. Another day would be good.

Thanks, talked to Shaun and that's what he said too. We're gonn ride this evening if you're interested!

Will try to make it there. Time and which lot?
SpeedyChix
Overdrive

Postby reidabel » September 27th, 2014, 1:32 pm

Yes, you definitely have to give it a burst of speed as you hit the entry ramp on the Dragon's Throat. Just power up it and coast over the top and all will be fine. Flatten your pedals at the peak, just like most up-and-overs. I'm glad to hear the safety cables are helping somebody out - it makes it worth all the effort involved in putting them in place. They weren't part of the original plan, but it seemed like we needed something there to help people out.

Was that you that made the "Zen rock-stack" thingie down below the stunt?
reidabel

Postby SteveF » December 30th, 2014, 9:59 am

Now that you mention it, it has been puddling there a lot this year and I don't recall it doing so in the past. Could be a drainage issue...
SteveF

Postby SteveF » January 18th, 2015, 11:25 am

Shh! :wink: I don't think they've got enough snow to really set ski traks, and after the warm temps and rain, they'll have even less. I'm thinking once things freeze hard again there's going to be some pretty good riding out there...
SteveF

Postby Overdrive » October 26th, 2015, 6:54 pm

reidabel wrote:Not too crazy about the furry finger in the upper right corner, though, in some of them :lol:

I especially like the shot of you at the peak of the one by the river, on the left side of the shot. That might become my new desktop wallpaper. ...

I didn't see any shots of you riding the stuff North of the Riverbend lot, on Hansen's Be-Bop and Kentaro's Monster, though: "Whiplash", "The Mambo King" and "Bambi vs. Godzilla". When Anne posts those ones, let me know ...

Yeah, sorry about the errant glove in the pics. Happened more than I realized. The ones by the river had some nice sunlight going on. I didn't start taking pics until we were farther along on the ride. So no pics from earlier stunts. You'll want to download the pics unless I upgrade my IMageShack account.

I think finding your stunts may have made Lane's day a bit brighter.
SpeedyChix
Overdrive

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions