Mid-State: Burchfield

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Mid-State: Burchfield

Postby smattyb » June 21st, 2016, 8:07 pm

All the wind in the last 24 hrs brought a tree down on beginning of "Rember Me." I dragged aside what I could to make it more passable, but there are still 2 old dead trees and a bent over cherry tree still in the path. Otherwise everything is was in great shape today.
I also found someone's eyewear on Annie's Playhouse. PM me if they are yours!
Matt
smattyb

Postby SteveF » June 22nd, 2016, 7:50 pm

I cleared those trees tonight. Trail's in pretty nice shape!
Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets replaced.
SteveF

Postby Overdrive » June 23rd, 2016, 7:08 am

SteveF wrote:I cleared those trees tonight. Trail's in pretty nice shape!

Thanks a bunch for getting those!!!!!!!
SpeedyChix
Overdrive

Postby reidabel » July 2nd, 2016, 1:57 pm

Just got back, what a perfect day out there! Not that many people, only Matt came by on the advanced trail while I was working on a new stunt on Dragonball Run. Probably 15-20 people went by on the water, though. A different Matt, from Adrian, came out to Burchfield with his son, got some trail information from me, they got out and rode and then he blew out a sidewall. Saw him returning to the Riverbend lot later and he said Holt Pro Cycle was closed, so I'm not sure where he ended up going to get a new tire. He attended MSU veterinarian school 14 years ago and used to ride at Burchfield. Cool that he's driving an hour and a half for him and his son to get a ride in here. I'm sure it's a lot different than when he rode here way back when.

Somebody took the Hellboy sign off the tree! That's so not cool.

The trails I went on were in good shape, though the hiking trail from the fishing pond to the Peppermint Creek bridge is in need of mowing. That's not on the advanced trail, though, so I'm not going to complain.
reidabel

Postby MFawley » July 17th, 2016, 4:55 pm

There was a log down on a log over, hahahaha, on lollipop.
MFawley

Postby AllMountin' » July 24th, 2016, 8:41 pm

First time out in quite some time. Trail was in solid shape.

Enjoyed the pump track bit near McNamara.

https://vimeo.com/176054872

[Video]https://vimeo.com/176054872[/Video]

Wanted to ask about the second jump on the right most line(manual in the video). Rather than an even scoop between the jumps, the trail rises and then dips abruptly at the base of the lip,making it very difficult to generate the pop needed to clear to the backside transition. Maybe due to roots in the tread?

The line is awkward any way you run it. Wondering if anyone can clean it as is? I wouldn't mind lending a shovel to even out the run in, and maybe turn that jump into a cupped table, that you could double or manual more naturally. Not sure who's in charge of the shovel work in that section. Please advise.

Also. Trail too hot. AC not working.
--=Steve=--

Tom Robbins wrote:It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
AllMountin'

Postby bockrona » July 25th, 2016, 12:12 pm

AllMountin' wrote:I wouldn't mind lending a shovel to even out the run in, and maybe turn that jump into a cupped table, that you could double or manual more naturally. Not sure who's in charge of the shovel work in that section. Please advise.

I don't think much shaping (if any) was ever done in that section. Seems it got discovered or some interest was generated and then RVD, Reid, and myself cleared the overgrowth off the mounds and there was a lot of Poison Ivy. We didn't really do any shaping and figured that once they got ridden in, it would be better to see what was needed or others might take interest in giving them some adjustments and better shape over time.
Anderson Park TC

Redline d660
1999 Schwinn Peloton
1980 Schwinn LeTour
1994 Bridgestone MB-4
bockrona

Postby reidabel » July 25th, 2016, 6:25 pm

bockrona wrote:
AllMountin' wrote:I wouldn't mind lending a shovel to even out the run in, and maybe turn that jump into a cupped table, that you could double or manual more naturally. Not sure who's in charge of the shovel work in that section. Please advise.

I don't think much shaping (if any) was ever done in that section. Seems it got discovered or some interest was generated and then RVD, Reid, and myself cleared the overgrowth off the mounds and there was a lot of Poison Ivy. We didn't really do any shaping and figured that once they got ridden in, it would be better to see what was needed or others might take interest in giving them some adjustments and better shape over time.

I only ever ride the leftmost line, and as long as it remains as it is, I'm fine with you shaping something interesting on the right. Anne? Shaun?
reidabel

Postby Overdrive » July 25th, 2016, 8:19 pm

reidabel wrote:
bockrona wrote:

I only ever ride the leftmost line, and as long as it remains as it is, I'm fine with you shaping something interesting on the right. Anne? Shaun?

All good with Steve working in there, he's good at this kind of stuff. I'd be fine with Steve (and any who can help him) doing whatever needs to be done on that to make it a better ride for those who hit that section.

Steve: great video and you make riding that stuff look soooo easy and smooth.
SpeedyChix
Overdrive

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments