Mid-State: Burchfield

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Mid-State: Burchfield

Postby plunderspunk » October 11th, 2014, 7:57 pm

Trail is super nice right now. with a few leaves to make things interesting…and it's absolutely empty. I think I saw 3 people on bikes. a few hikers too. Thanks to reid, overdrive (Anne) and others who are keeping our community trail in great shape, and even better, adding great stunts. I don't think I ever recall Burchfield being in better shape. we need to bring back the Burch time trial!! Heading out tomorrow at 10:30 am to ride with a couple of friends. 10:30 at Riverbend, if anyone else wants to ride.
Cheers,
Bill
A.K.A. Geardaddy
plunderspunk

Postby reidabel » October 11th, 2014, 8:56 pm

plunderspunk wrote:Heading out tomorrow at 10:30 am to ride with a couple of friends. 10:30 at Riverbend, if anyone else wants to ride.

Got my riding in today, did two laps (yellow) at the Merrell Trail today (20 cars in the lot), and I'll be out at Burchfield working on Godzilla tomorrow morning. Stop and say hi, even if I'm chainsawing ... and I'll clear my tools out of the way so that we can all ride Bambi a few times!
reidabel

Postby plunderspunk » October 11th, 2014, 9:05 pm

sounds great Reid! ("
Merrill is awesome, I really want to head out there! I went out there a few years ago and did a trail day but haven't ridden it since it was finished.
…maybe before the snow flies!
Bill
A.K.A. Geardaddy
plunderspunk

Postby reidabel » October 12th, 2014, 3:09 pm

Absolutely beautiful out there today, maybe the best day all year for building ... and probably for riding, too. The sun shining down through the colorful leaves was just incredible. Saw a lot of people and the parking lot was crowded for a change. Good to talk to you, Bill (and Scott), and thanks to Ben, Matt, and a group of two for stopping separately to chat with me while I worked on Godzilla. No takers on test-riding it, though ... I made one clean run of the center section of Godzilla, the entry and exit are not built yet.
reidabel

Postby plunderspunk » October 12th, 2014, 8:38 pm

Hey hey Reid. Scott and I meant to stop by but he blew out his derailleur hanger before we could get to you, and had to walk out. I think we got about 2 miles in lol…
I will have to check out your handiwork another day my friend, and hopefully will be able to get a ride in with you soon.
I am going back out tomorrow if you're going to be around and want to ride please give me a call. I don't have your number anymore but if you want to pm me it I will call you when I plan on riding.

Cheers,
Bill ("
A.K.A. Geardaddy
plunderspunk

Postby reidabel » October 12th, 2014, 8:51 pm

I was wondering what happened to you guys! I will also be going back out there tomorrow, headed back to Bambi vs. Godzilla to do some more stunt building. I should be there between, say 9 am and 2 pm. I'll text you when I get there, I do have your number ...
reidabel

Postby plunderspunk » October 12th, 2014, 9:41 pm

Sounds good Reid. SEe you tomorrow...
A.K.A. Geardaddy
plunderspunk

Postby plunderspunk » October 18th, 2014, 10:12 pm

got a lap in today, cold and slippery but fun…lots of leaves on the trail make for some interesting directional options. Stunts are pretty slick, so choose the bypass option s, and avoid the rock garden.
tree down over trail on remember me, too big to move . It needs a chainsaw. God I love this trail!!
A.K.A. Geardaddy
plunderspunk

Postby plunderspunk » October 25th, 2014, 9:12 pm

someone got that tree down over the trail…thanks to whomever! ("
A.K.A. Geardaddy
plunderspunk

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments