Mid-State: Burchfield

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Mid-State: Burchfield

Postby SteveF » May 25th, 2015, 1:36 pm

They must've heard you because most of the meadow areas had been mowed when I rode late this morning! MANY thanks to the park employee or volunteer that took that on! I brought along trimmers on my ride and took out a few slappers, kicked a few branches off the trail but it's really in great shape--not much needed to be done. Too bad it's supposed to be rainy next week...
Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets replaced.
SteveF

Postby SwaggerSpice » June 19th, 2015, 2:37 pm

Bring a snorkel
SwaggerSpice

Postby MFawley » June 19th, 2015, 2:53 pm

Yep, way to wet to ride. Was hoping it would just be a little greasy. NOPE! half mile from mcnamara there is a swamp. Water on the trail and pretty much everywhere. Went to stop and my foot sunk into the ground. Going to be a few days before it's good I figure. Also a tree down not far from the start of mcnamara. Nothing crazy, but will require a chainsaw.
MFawley

Postby reidabel » June 19th, 2015, 3:17 pm

MFawley wrote: Also a tree down not far from the start of mcnamara. Nothing crazy, but will require a chainsaw.

I assume you mean on the advanced mtb trail, but is it outgoing, on the ridge trail (The Timinator), or coming in from the mounds (Smokey and the Bandits)? Not sure I'll get out there, but if I do I don't want to walk (since it's too wet to ride) with the chainsaw in the wrong direction! It's probably on The Timinator because there are more trees there, so if it is, is it before or after the big dip?

I might get out tomorrow morning to do a little building on Hansen's Be-Bop. I hope to see nobody else out there if it's that wet ...
reidabel

Postby MFawley » June 19th, 2015, 4:16 pm

Yeah the advanced trail. Starting at the mcnamara lot, go past the big dip, and it's maybe 100 yards or so past it. If I remember right it's before you cross the two track.
MFawley

Postby eurocycle01 » June 24th, 2015, 7:59 pm

Still in bad shape. Starting from McNamara major flooding anywhere close to the river. Rode walking trails and did actually ride looman's run. That was about the only part of the
loop that was ok to ride without being flooded or major mud holes. Going to take some time to dry out.
eurocycle01

Postby Overdrive » June 25th, 2015, 7:54 pm

It's major wet out there. Dragonball Run and Swamp Thing are submerged.
Adrenaline Nut
Overdrive

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments