Mid-State: Burchfield

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Mid-State: Burchfield

Postby reidabel » November 28th, 2014, 10:43 pm

reidabel wrote:Surprisingly, the blockage has held near the start of Bob's Supremacy on the bandit shortcut of that fun, technical, twisty, short downhill. That is, it's fun, technical, and twisty if you don't take the shortcut! Strava went out of business?

Apparently not ... today I saw that the bandit shortcut is back. I didn't bother re-blocking it ...
reidabel

Postby oogs » November 29th, 2014, 8:41 am

Silly question: Is the trail closed to bikers when cross country skiing starts? I visit my folks in the area for holidays, and I happen to have a fat bike this year. I was planning on riding this trail when I came over for christmas.
oogs

Postby MFawley » November 29th, 2014, 10:13 am

Yeah once a good snowfall hits they close the trails to bikes. I imagine this will happen soon. But depends on snowfall.
MFawley

Postby xcrdr » November 29th, 2014, 2:27 pm

oogs wrote:Silly question: Is the trail closed to bikers when cross country skiing starts? I visit my folks in the area for holidays, and I happen to have a fat bike this year. I was planning on riding this trail when I came over for christmas.

Anderson and Rose Lake are good options to put that fat bike to good use.
It's not your strength or skill. It's your level of commitment.

Specialized Epic Comp Carbon
Redline d660 1X9
Scott Speedster
1995 Giant ATX 890 with 1996 Rock Shox Judy XC still running!
xcrdr

Postby reidabel » December 10th, 2014, 5:57 pm

Rode today, the last day of freezing temperatures for a little while. Some sun-exposed spots were starting to melt, but most of the trail had thin crunchy snow patches on it, and it was good ride. Not many people out there on a cold, weekday, so I rode many things backwards for variety, and never saw another person, let alone another bike. Surprisingly, the stunts were fine to ride, the only one with anything on it was the Hansen's Be-Bop stunt, with snow crust on the logpile first turn, so I didn't try it. Rode Pitchfork, The Highway, Dragon's Throat, Double Eagle, among others. I wonder if we'll get many more opportunities to ride out there this year?
reidabel

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments