Mid-State: Burchfield

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Mid-State: Burchfield

Postby zcorbin » September 2nd, 2014, 10:21 am

I may head out today after work if it stays dry today. If I go I will try to remember to post trail conditions.
zcorbin

Postby SteveF » September 3rd, 2014, 12:22 pm

Oh, yeah-getting toward Hornet insanity season-sorry they got you, Don...they got me 4 times last fall! Zcorbin, what did it look like out there?
Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets replaced.
SteveF

Postby Neysahead » September 5th, 2014, 6:22 am

I rode the trails on the north end yesterday. I only encountered one muddy spot; the trail is in much better shape than I am. I didn't make it south of Riverbend, so I can't speak to that half of the park.
Neysahead

Postby xcrdr » September 17th, 2014, 11:50 am

Any idea who needed an ambulance ride off the trail last night?
It's not your strength or skill. It's your level of commitment.

2008 Redline d660 1X9
2013 Santa Cruz Superlight 29
1995 Giant ATX 890 with 1996 Rock Shox Judy XC still running!
xcrdr

Postby reidabel » September 17th, 2014, 2:55 pm

Shaun told me it was a 47-year old guy, but not the name. Something to do with falling on one of the steep downhills near Annie's Playhouse, apparently he has a concussion. If that's his car outside the gate at the Riverbend entrance (silver/gray Vibe), it's covered in wasps. An empty granola bar wrapper is on the ground by the driver's door, but I doubt that's why there are so many. They are swarming over the hood, roof, and trunk. He better take some kill spray out there, because when he climbs in the driver's door I can see a dozen following him in :twisted:

Somebody left a chainring gouge in the third cross-board on the entry to the Dragon's Throat - I suspect the cable saved him from possibly going into the river. The mark indicates the front tire went off the left side. If anybody knows what happened, I'd love to hear how the safety measures performed.
reidabel

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments