Mid-State: Burchfield

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Mid-State: Burchfield

Postby SteveF » October 4th, 2011, 8:51 am

c0nsumer wrote:
AllMountin' wrote:It gets dark too darn early now at Burchfield. It'd be great if someone would fix that... ;-)

Get some lights. ;)

Now that I've ridden it, I'm certain that Burchfield would make for great night riding.

Unfortunately, they close the park and lock the gates at sundown. We got special permission to do some night rides there a few years back but that only happened that fall.
Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets replaced.
SteveF

Postby Overdrive » October 4th, 2011, 8:55 am

Anderson is great for night rides and at least that's open. Bennett Park might be too, though not sure on that one
SpeedyChix
Overdrive

Postby jonw9 » October 4th, 2011, 10:56 am

Overdrive wrote:Anderson is great for night rides and at least that's open. Bennett Park might be too, though not sure on that one

I know Bennett is OK, as Frost (the TC) has mentioned being out there at night in the past.
"Seriously though, you clearly think a lot more than I do when you are riding." -jajones
"You're going to suffer on a single speed, you might as well suffer going faster." - Indigenous
jonw9

Postby dauber76 » October 4th, 2011, 11:29 am

Overdrive wrote:Anderson is great for night rides and at least that's open. Bennett Park might be too, though not sure on that one

Technically the park closes at night. Technically.
If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem; now get off my lawn!
dauber76

Postby Overdrive » October 4th, 2011, 11:35 am

dauber76 wrote:

Technically the park closes at night. Technically.

Thanks for the clarification : )
SpeedyChix
Overdrive

Postby AllMountin' » October 4th, 2011, 4:55 pm

c0nsumer wrote:
AllMountin' wrote:It gets dark too darn early now at Burchfield. It'd be great if someone would fix that... ;-)

Get some lights. ;)

600 lumens already on order. Should be here tomorrow or Thursday.

I was thinking stadium lighting throughout. Do it up like Tom Bodett- "We'll leave the light on for ya."

Seems reasonable. ;-)
--=Steve=--

Tom Robbins wrote:It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
AllMountin'

Postby reidabel » October 4th, 2011, 7:33 pm

Have fun with the lights!

Got a quick ride in after work, first time I've ridden my bike without a chainsaw and tool bag on the handlebars in weeks, felt REALLY good. It was interesting to see the trail after it had been cleaned up and raced on, kind of like giving it a sandblasting! Looks like a lot of people went off the trail on Remember Me on those sidehill curves!

You know, the South side of the park is now a lot more fun than it used to be, with those new trails (the dip!) and the new stunt being South of Peppermint Creek. I used to not want to go South of Dragonball Run at all ...
reidabel

Postby plunderspunk » October 5th, 2011, 11:19 am

...all work and no play makes Reid a very unhappy boy! :)
I wam heading out right now for a couple hours of trail work...
Bill
Bernie Sanders for President 2016
plunderspunk

Postby xcrdr » October 7th, 2011, 1:17 pm

reidabel wrote:Hey, Buddy ... spare change for a tank of gas and a bunch of 2x4's?

What new stunt? Has anybody seen a new stunt somewhere?

Still looking for it. :wink:

Nice work!
It's not your strength or skill. It's your level of commitment.

Specialized Epic Comp Carbon
Redline d660 1X10
2016 Specialized Diverge Elite DSW
1995 Giant ATX 890 with 1996 Rock Shox Judy XC still running!
Specialized Stumpjumper FSR 6Fattie Carbon

2015 Goal: Ride some
2016 Goal: Ride more
xcrdr

Postby TenSpeed » October 7th, 2011, 2:37 pm

That picture contains the recommended daily allowance of win! Glad that I got to take it, and watch it.
2014 miles/goal: 3120/2500
2015 miles/goal: 5019/5000
2016 miles/goal: 4020/6000
TenSpeed

Postby rvd » October 7th, 2011, 3:53 pm

That looks great. Looking forward to riding it in the near future.
rvd

Postby reidabel » October 7th, 2011, 4:49 pm

Interesting - in the forum I don't see the whole picture - the rider's head doesn't even show up in the frame. However, if I right-click and save it, there is more to it. It is cropping it in the forum somehow.

It's my new desktop wallpaper now, thanks ;-)
reidabel

Postby xcrdr » October 7th, 2011, 5:17 pm

reidabel wrote:Interesting - in the forum I don't see the whole picture - the rider's head doesn't even show up in the frame. However, if I right-click and save it, there is more to it. It is cropping it in the forum somehow.

Are you running your view at 100%?

BTW, quality work on those ladders. Thanks for putting the time in. They look like they will be enjoyed for quite some time.
It's not your strength or skill. It's your level of commitment.

Specialized Epic Comp Carbon
Redline d660 1X10
2016 Specialized Diverge Elite DSW
1995 Giant ATX 890 with 1996 Rock Shox Judy XC still running!
Specialized Stumpjumper FSR 6Fattie Carbon

2015 Goal: Ride some
2016 Goal: Ride more
xcrdr

Postby reidabel » October 7th, 2011, 7:07 pm

xcrdr wrote:
reidabel wrote:Interesting - in the forum I don't see the whole picture - the rider's head doesn't even show up in the frame. However, if I right-click and save it, there is more to it. It is cropping it in the forum somehow.

I don't see anywhere to set a view percentage, and I had my browser maximized. However, now I'm on my machine at home, on a smaller screen, and it shows the entire picture here. Hmm ...

xcrdr wrote:They look like they will be enjoyed for quite some time.

I'm hoping they last for 10 years like the big teeter-totter did, before the logs rot out. Although, I don't know the state that the big teeter-totter's logs were in when they built it, maybe we'll get more than 10 years out of these ones since they're so fresh? The main log I'm using was a perfectly healthy tree, it was uprooted by the bigger more rotten one beside it. There's a root ball underneath those cutoff pieces up high behind you guys.
reidabel

Postby Overdrive » October 7th, 2011, 8:24 pm

reidabel wrote:
xcrdr wrote:

I don't see anywhere to set a view percentage, and I had my browser maximized. However, now I'm on my machine at home, on a smaller screen, and it shows the entire picture here. Hmm ...

xcrdr wrote:They look like they will be enjoyed for quite some time.

I'm hoping they last for 10 years like the big teeter-totter did, before the logs rot out. Although, I don't know the state that the big teeter-totter's logs were in when they built it, maybe we'll get more than 10 years out of these ones since they're so fresh? The main log I'm using was a perfectly healthy tree, it was uprooted by the bigger more rotten one beside it. There's a root ball underneath those cutoff pieces up high behind you guys.

With 'decking' maintenance those should last much longer than the teeter-totters or some of the others.
I stopped to look at them the other day, fabulous job. Also great to see that old section of trail opened up and again and reworked as well. Nice job!
Overdrive

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions