Mid-State: Burchfield

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Mid-State: Burchfield

Postby plunderspunk » September 16th, 2011, 3:43 pm

if it's the stunt I thik you guys are talking about I just do it static and let my front drop off it, I just lean way back with my seat almost in my crotch area...weight over the back tire so I don't flip. We should rebuild that in the spring. close to the parking lot and probably wouldn't take much...yes I would help ... :)
reid, when we gonna carve that area by "remember me" ? Ijust got my chainsaw sharpened... :!:
Bernie Sanders for President 2016
plunderspunk

Postby reidabel » September 16th, 2011, 4:22 pm

You might be referring to the leftmost line, that's how I ride that one also. But the center line three feet to the right of it has a bigger drop, I don't know if it would be possible to do that without getting dumped on our heads. Maybe, I'll line the bike up to see what the position looks like next time I'm out there.

I am SO itching to start on that section, I've PM'ed Jeff, but he's busy with other things. I am coming up with ideas to avoid having a 10-foot drop off to the side, because I don't know that we could build a railing that would support a (falling) person's weight and still allow room to ride. I'm full of plans on this one, I actually titled my PM to him "Dibs" because I don't want anybody else to work on it! But co-workers are always good! Do you want to go scout it out with me? I have a sick daughter at home and a wife that's out of town, but if she's feeling better tomorrow or Sunday ...
reidabel

Postby rvd » September 16th, 2011, 4:44 pm

I gather you are talking about stunts/lines on Hanson's Bebob, but where is that on this map?
rvd

Postby AllMountin' » September 16th, 2011, 5:34 pm

It's not labeled on that map.

I'm not sure if you are simply pointing that out, or if you don't know which section it is?

If the latter, it is represented by the dotted line that starts just to right of the word "Riverbend" on the map, and runs towards the main Burchfield entrance/trailhead.
--=Steve=--

Tom Robbins wrote:It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
AllMountin'

Postby reidabel » September 16th, 2011, 7:16 pm

Without referencing the map, to get to Hansen's Bebop, from the Riverbend parking lot, go to the fence above the river and turn right (North) towards the main Burchfield park. The first trail on the right that says advanced and allows you to enter, is the one, probably only 50 yards away from the stairs that lead to the river. Follow it in a couple of hundred yards to get to the stunt area. I assume it was placed close to the lot for easy ambulance access ;-)
reidabel

Postby rvd » September 16th, 2011, 7:56 pm

AllMountin' wrote:It's not labeled on that map.
I'm not sure if you are simply pointing that out, or if you don't know which section it is?
If the latter, it is represented by the dotted line that starts just to right of the word "Riverbend" on the map, and runs towards the main Burchfield entrance/trailhead.

I didn't know which section. Following your description I realize that it is where I broke my wrist at the start of the summer.
rvd

Postby reidabel » September 16th, 2011, 8:18 pm

Yikes! How did it happen? I went over the handlebars and landed on my shoulder when I nosedived the line to the left, and though I had dislocated that same shoulder about a year earlier (not biking), no damage was done beyond a big scrape.
reidabel

Postby TenSpeed » September 16th, 2011, 8:45 pm

Would love to head up a fix of that first stunt on Hansen's. I have a fantastic idea for it.
2014 miles/goal: 3120/2500
2015 miles/goal: 5019/5000
2016 miles/goal: 4020/6000
TenSpeed

Postby reidabel » September 16th, 2011, 8:56 pm

Sounds good - run it by Jeff to get approval and then I'm sure people will volunteer to help out if it's bigger than a one-person job. If you need chainsaw work done, I'm willing to do it ...
reidabel

Postby plunderspunk » September 20th, 2011, 8:56 pm

Do not ...I repeat DO NOT! attend in any way to Reid's requests to do chainsaw work. He is out of control! You might as well give heroin to a homeless guy! As I write this he is probably wandering the singletrack of Burchfield looking for trees to chop, stumps to grind, any excuse to pull the trigger on his Poulan ... he's out of control! We need an intervention! :twisted: :lol:
(BTW Reid your new stunt is lookin' mighty fine...mighty fine I say... 8) )
Bernie Sanders for President 2016
plunderspunk

Postby reidabel » September 20th, 2011, 10:20 pm

Hey, Buddy ... spare change for a tank of gas and a bunch of 2x4's?

What new stunt? Has anybody seen a new stunt somewhere?
reidabel

Postby rvd » September 21st, 2011, 10:09 pm

Did a lap tonight at Burch. Trail is in good condition. There is no mud but several slick corners. Should dry out soon.

The field trails have been mowed, which will allow at least some passing (being passed) at the TT. Raking to pull the clippings off the trail (and to make the rut visible again) would be nice.

The new bridges on swamp are amazing (the "temporary reroute" sign can be removed), as is Reid's log ride.

Speaking of Reid, he was working on some cool-looking stunt exiting a new trail section that feeds into Remember Me.
rvd

Postby TenSpeed » September 22nd, 2011, 12:04 pm

Got a quick ride in today. Trails are not muddy, just slick in some spots as mentioned above. They were out mowing at the entrance to whatever that trail is that starts at McNamara, I dunno the name. I cannot believe how many leaves are already falling. Swamp Thing along the river is so nice now, thanks for the hard work on that.
2014 miles/goal: 3120/2500
2015 miles/goal: 5019/5000
2016 miles/goal: 4020/6000
TenSpeed

Postby AllMountin' » October 4th, 2011, 8:31 am

The trail has recovered quite nicely from all the rain last week. The parts of the the trail that didn't get used in the TT are littered with debris. That includes Dragonball, the section after the Annie's downhill that got cut out, and the high line of Swamp Thing by the river.

Overall, good riding out there right now. Thanks to John for the spare tube yesterday. It gets dark too darn early now at Burchfield. It'd be great if someone would fix that... ;-)
--=Steve=--

Tom Robbins wrote:It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
AllMountin'

Postby c0nsumer » October 4th, 2011, 8:32 am

AllMountin' wrote:It gets dark too darn early now at Burchfield. It'd be great if someone would fix that... ;-)

Get some lights. ;)

Now that I've ridden it, I'm certain that Burchfield would make for great night riding.
Steve Vigneau

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions