Mid-State: Burchfield

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Mid-State: Burchfield

Postby Todd Scott » March 22nd, 2004, 8:29 am

Post trail conditions and problem reports for the trails at Burchfield County Park
Todd Scott

Postby Zak » March 25th, 2004, 1:43 pm

Howdy, Zak here, Trail Coordinator at Burchfield Park. Trail is currently closed, will post up when it officially opens.

For the record, while raking last weekend, noticed it is not frozen any longer, many worms and worm holes, but is very wet in low spots. Should be in great shape though by the time the trail opens for the season.

"Z"
Singlespeed Freeride!!
Zak

Postby 98HooKooFreeRider » March 30th, 2004, 3:31 am

Any new developments as to the trail condition Zak? I'm itching to get out there for a ride :)

-matt
Digging...it does a body good.
98HooKooFreeRider

Postby Zak » March 31st, 2004, 8:47 am

Still closed, believe me I will post as soon as it is officially open. I can't wait to ride either!!
Singlespeed Freeride!!
Zak

Postby 98HooKooFreeRider » March 31st, 2004, 8:53 am

Rock on, thanks for keeping us posted Zak. We should organize a HUGE groupride the first weekend the trail is open to kick off the new season :D How close do you think it is to being rideable? Thanks again for all of your and the other area workers hard work to get it readyfor the masses. Oh yea, when do we get to build some new stuff? I'll post pics of my new drop that I built on the mid-state board tonight :)

-matt
98HooKooFreeRider

Postby Dan_s » March 31st, 2004, 3:11 pm

I was out there two days ago and stuff was still pretty wet. I would probably guess at least two weeks before the ground is good condition. As for a group ride there to kick off the season, count me in! :P
It's not IF I crash, its WHEN I crash.
Dan_s

Postby Zak » March 31st, 2004, 4:59 pm

It is not up to me when the trail is open, I can advise, but ultimately it is up to the park. Most of it is in great shape, but ICPD keeps it closed util they feel it is ok. They may even have a set date that they officially open. A group ride will have to be scheduled as soon as it opens, I agree. We will have it in great shape by then for sure.

New stunts/trail sections are scheduled for this season, just need to get approval. Right now my emphasis is getting the existing trail in shape for the season opening, then will concentrate on getting approval for new stuff. Skinnier (word?) new log rides are in the plan, and the modification of at least one existing stunt to make it skinnier is in the works. Also, a new trail section should get approved as soon as I walk the director trough the route. This should put our total mileage of advanced trail over 10 miles.

For the record, please do not ride the trail if it is closed, there have been a few out there already and have made some pretty good ruts on the wider doubletrack trail. Gives us a bad name, and looks terrible.

Anything else??

"Z"
Singlespeed Freeride!!
Zak

Postby liquidmtber » April 2nd, 2004, 10:52 am

its such a nice day...is burchfield open yet? its been dry for a while
liquidmtber

Postby Zak » April 2nd, 2004, 4:12 pm

Not open yet, I will be caling the Park on Monday and post up my findings here. Believe me, I'm itchin' as bad as you are!!

"Z"
Singlespeed Freeride!!
Zak

Burchfield Is Open!!!

Postby Zak » April 5th, 2004, 7:30 am

Burchfield was posted open this past week. The trail is raked and clear, just beware of the trail markers/signing, it needs some maintenance. I will be fixing the siging this coming weekend.

Enjoy!!!

"Z"
Singlespeed Freeride!!
Zak

Postby 98HooKooFreeRider » April 6th, 2004, 12:52 am

YAY!! :D

I'll probably ride there during the week next week. I can't wait!! :)

And thanks again Zak and all of the other trail workers for getting the trail all ready for the new season!!

-matt
98HooKooFreeRider

When The Levee Breaks I'll have no place to ride

Postby enduro_phreak » May 24th, 2004, 10:08 am

Burchfield is very muddy and the trails on the western half of the park are flooded in areas... best to avoid until we get some nice dry weather![/quote]
enduro_phreak

Postby hippymtnbkr » May 27th, 2004, 6:06 am

what do the trails look like for this weekend?
hippymtnbkr

Postby Zak » May 27th, 2004, 2:18 pm

Still underwater, especially if it rains tonight as predicted. Main doubletrack is fairly dry with only the usual trouble spots, but the advanced trail is underwater in several locations.

"Z"
Singlespeed Freeride!!
Zak

How does Burchfield look?

Postby aliotski » June 3rd, 2004, 9:10 am

Does anyone know if Burchfield is ridable yet?

Thanks!
aliotski

Next

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments