CRAMBA: Bald Mountain

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: Bald Mountain

Postby Steve_Kinley » December 1st, 2014, 6:23 pm

It's over as of today - yes?

Yes, over for regular firearm deer season. Muzzleloader season starts Friday the 5th and runs through the 21st down here. But there are not nearly as many black powder hunters as during the past two weeks. Also, small game hunting is allowed through Mar 31st.
Hammer Nutrition Endurance Fuels and Supplements
Save 15% off your first order by clicking the link below!
http://www.hammernutrition.com/affiliates/34155
http://www.miscabike.org
Steve_Kinley

Postby turbotoad » December 1st, 2014, 11:59 pm

Mack wrote:This hunter from Massachusetts, did exactly what you are NOT
supposed to do. He shot at movemenmt, after he lost track of the deer he was watching in the brush. lucky he didn't kIll that man, f@#king a$$hole.
He broke one of the cardinal rules of hunting, you don't aim a gun at movement period. As a hunter this absolutley disgusts me.

Here is the story from The Freep.
http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/m ... /19600691/

Not downplaying the actions of the idiot hunter at all, but the story says nothing about what the "walker" was wearing. I see all kinds of oblivious people walking (and riding) around hunting land with natural (black, tan, brown) colored clothing on. Again, not taking away from the actions of the moronic hunter (shooting at "movement") but some people seem to almost TRY to resemble game. Baze orange, high vis yellow or other bright "non-natural" colors really stands out once the trees are bare.
turbotoad

Postby flamingo » December 2nd, 2014, 12:11 pm

My name is Paul and I have been a ranger with the department since 2001. Currently, I am working as the Lead Worker at Bald Mountain RA for the forseeable future, tho this may change. Please feel free to contact me via these forums or at the park office regarding trail issues at Bald Mountain.

A bit late but thanks a lot Paul and you are very welcome. It is nice to see that the trail will get some attention. If you guys are short staffed maybe few trail days under DNR guidance would help?
flamingo

Postby 2niner » December 4th, 2014, 4:15 pm

Bald Mountain North was in great shape today especially for my first ever fat bike ride. No trees down a little ice here and there but a great time.
2niner

Postby Sortaslow » December 4th, 2014, 9:12 pm

2niner wrote:Bald Mountain North was in great shape today especially for my first ever fat bike ride. No trees down a little ice here and there but a great time.

Cool!
My first fatbike ride was on 12/3/2010 at Bald Mountain North also. Took a half day to come home to this on my porch!

Bike in a box.

Put her together and off I went.

Sortaslow

Postby 2niner » December 4th, 2014, 9:21 pm

Nice bike! I just bought a used (3 rides) gravity bullseye monster. I have enough invested in my other bikes. This seems like great bang for the buck!Image
2niner

Postby DNR_Bald Mountain » December 6th, 2014, 8:21 am

Hello,
We've just managed to get the trails clear of downed trees from the high winds last week, 14 total between the North and South units. As of 12/3 the south is clear and 12/4 for the north.

Have a good weekend,

Paul Majchrowski
WOC Lead Worker 9
Bald Mountain Recreation Area
248-693-6767
DNR_Bald Mountain

Postby c0nsumer » December 6th, 2014, 8:26 am

DNR_Bald Mountain wrote:Hello,
We've just managed to get the trails clear of downed trees from the high winds last week, 14 total between the North and South units. As of 12/3 the south is clear and 12/4 for the north.

Have a good weekend,

Paul Majchrowski
WOC Lead Worker 9
Bald Mountain Recreation Area
248-693-6767

Great news, thanks Paul!
Steve Vigneau
Big Ring Coffee MTB Racing
CRAMBA-IMBA Board Member
River Bends Park Co-Trail Coordinator
MMBA Website / Forum Administrator

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, the MMBA nor CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby Mack » December 6th, 2014, 12:31 pm

That's awesome Paul! Great job :icon_thumleft:
Paul McAllister
Clinton River Park Trail Co-Trail Coordintator
Mack

Location: 42° 34' 49" N ~ 83° 1' 49" W Weekends 44° 46' 57" N ~ 85° 1' 14" W

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments