CRAMBA: Bald Mountain

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: Bald Mountain

Postby utabintarbo » August 24th, 2014, 3:13 pm

No real changes from the previous posts. Other than the mud pits, the only issues are that things are getting a little beat up and this is "liberating" some sand. No huge problems.
utabintarbo

Postby PTrek13 » August 25th, 2014, 11:39 am

Agree with the last update. Although, on the west loop watch out for the area of standing water (near the first wood bridge). My buddy was ahead of me and attempted to roll through it. Front tire went in and he did the greatest endo and crashed. Its deep!!!!
14 Trek Fuel EX 8
PTrek13

Postby ChrisInYpsi » August 31st, 2014, 7:03 pm

Conditions about the same as the last few posts on North Unit today. Swampy by the Conklin connector and a few other small mud spots but everything else mostly ok except for the flocks of skeeters.
ChrisInYpsi

Postby lawn dart » September 3rd, 2014, 6:37 pm

Bald Mountain SOUTH Unit has a tree across the trail just before the #5 marker post, another down just past the #14 marker, and one down between markers 15 & 2.

This was my first time out there. Wide with gentle curves. Kind of like Bald Mtn North but without the elevation changes.
And like B.M.N., it has plenty of slick, gooey mud flats; a typical DNR trail.
lawn dart

Postby Steve_Kinley » September 3rd, 2014, 7:31 pm

After riding a lap of LOHS we refer to BMN as the freeway :lol:
Hammer Nutrition Endurance Fuels and Supplements
Save 15% off your first order by clicking the link below!
http://www.hammernutrition.com/affiliates/34155
http://www.miscabike.org
Steve_Kinley

Postby flamingo » September 5th, 2014, 8:51 am

Speaking of which. Rode BM and Addison yesterday for the first time in almost 2 months. The two big puddles on the first half of BM just before the wooden bridge are still there!! This has been pretty much the entire season. I don't think they will go away until frozen. I tried to ride on the edge of one of them but clipped a branch with the handlebar went sideways right into the muddy puddle. Had a nice bath :x Man was I ever cussing the DNR! All it takes is a Gator with a little trailer full of gravel to fill those. What the heck are they waiting for?
flamingo

Postby Sortaslow » September 5th, 2014, 11:07 am

flamingo wrote:

Speaking of which. Rode BM and Addison yesterday for the first time in almost 2 months. The two big puddles on the first half of BM just before the wooden bridge are still there!! This has been pretty much the entire season. I don't think they will go away until frozen. I tried to ride on the edge of one of them but clipped a branch with the handlebar went sideways right into the muddy puddle. Had a nice bath :x Man was I ever cussing the DNR! All it takes is a Gator with a little trailer full of gravel to fill those. What the heck are they waiting for?

They won't go away when frozen. They'll just be frozen.
Sortaslow

Postby lawn dart » September 5th, 2014, 6:04 pm

Sortaslow wrote:
flamingo wrote:
...The two big puddles on the first half of BM just before the wooden bridge are still there!! I don't think they will go away until frozen.

They won't go away when frozen. They'll just be frozen.

LOLOLOL! :lol: :icon_jokercolor:
lawn dart

Postby flamingo » September 10th, 2014, 1:13 pm

The biggest problem with those puddles is their location. So far away from any road. I would just bring few sacs of gravel and a wheelbarrow, and fill them with gravel.
flamingo

Postby c0nsumer » September 10th, 2014, 1:14 pm

flamingo wrote:The biggest problem with those puddles is their location. So far away from any road. I would just bring few sacs of gravel and a wheelbarrow, and fill them with gravel.

That won't usually fix wet spots like that. It might help for a couple weeks, but it'll just sink / get filled back in with mud.
Steve Vigneau
Big Ring Coffee MTB Racing
CRAMBA-IMBA Chairperson
River Bends Park Co-Trail Coordinator
MMBA Website / Forum Administrator

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, the MMBA nor CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer
Administrator

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments