CRAMBA: Bald Mountain

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: Bald Mountain

Postby Steve_Kinley » January 25th, 2015, 5:57 pm

I think if you combined LOHS and BMS you should have about an 8 mile groomed loop right now. Add in some of the snowmobile packed sections of park south of Greenshield and you would be over 10.
Hammer Nutrition Endurance Fuels and Supplements
Save 15% off your first order by clicking the link below!
http://www.hammernutrition.com/affiliates/34155
http://www.miscabike.org
Steve_Kinley

Postby DNR_Bald Mountain » January 27th, 2015, 9:13 am

Good morning,

This is DJ Coffey from Bald Mountain Recreation Area. I am the Leadworker/Assistant Park Manager here at the park. Paul was filling in for me while I was assisting our department at another park location for the past four months. Prior to leaving I met with the CRAMBA board members to go over trail conditions and priorities. One of the items that came out was that as a park we wanted to create open communication with the park users. Paul did a great job of starting this communication through this forum. Both Paul and I will continue to update trail conditions, maintenance and concerns through the forum to help keep everyone posted.

I would like to help clarify the usage of fat bikes within in the North Unit Trails during the winter. The North Unit trails are prohibited from recreational snowmobile usage. We maintain the trails for the usage of cross country skiing when there is adequate snowfall. We must have a minimum of four inches of snow to be able to set tracks and take out our snowmobile for trail maintenance. Fat Bikes, snow shoeing and hiking are not prohibited from utilizing the trails during the winter but, we are asking that all users be respectful of the short season that skiers can utilize the trails and please use our South Unit trails for their biking and hiking activities. Our South Unit is open to recreational snowmobiling through the day use area and the South Unit Trails. We will be utilizing our snowmobile to assist in the packing of the trails for better Fat Biking conditions.

On Friday, January 23 I went to the North Unit and set tracks in the afternoon. The trails were clear of obstacles and open for usage. Unfortunately due to the low snow volumes we will not be able to go back out and set tracks again until we receive additional snow.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding the trails please feel free to contact our park office at 248-693-6767 or stop by. If you get the answering machine please leave a message regarding down trees or impassable trails. We will return your message and respond to them as quickly as possible and then update you here regarding our progress.

Respectfully submitted,
DJ Coffey
Bald Mtn Recreation Area
248-693-6767
DNR_Bald Mountain

Postby PK » January 27th, 2015, 9:20 am

Thanks for the update / clarification.

Pete
PK

Postby 2niner » Yesterday, 5:27 pm

South is perfect. I've never had so much fun at the south unit before!Image
2niner

Postby chris_werth » Yesterday, 11:06 pm

2niner wrote:South is perfect. I've never had so much fun at the south unit before!Image

2niner, I agree 100% with you. I spent 2 hours out there and had a blast. I saw that snowman and took the same photo as you...... Too funny. I couldn't resist the photo opp.
The south south unit was a lot of fun, but a little more work then the regular south unit. I was able to climb the big entrance hill and bomb down the side of the hill where the snowmobiles laid some solid tracks. The south unit is dialed right now. So much freaking fun with the lights on. Headed out of the park around 6:00pm.

Thank you DNR for laying down the tracks.
http://www.dubzbikesandboards.com

To "come back" would mean I've been somewhere.....not sure if I qualify. W.S 2013
chris_werth

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments