CRAMBA: Bald Mountain

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: Bald Mountain

Postby urbaindk » July 31st, 2012, 9:48 am

Spokes wrote:I normally see a Sheriff do the drive through but not like that.

Maybe this: http://troy.patch.com/articles/troy-pol ... tc00000003
urbaindk

Postby Spokes » August 1st, 2012, 6:21 am

I also noticed police caution tape was on the ground right where you start the second half of the trail when you cross the road. I didn't think much of it at the time but now looking back I wonder if it was related?
Spokes

Postby freeheal2005 » August 1st, 2012, 7:35 am

caution tape was for a power line down just after the road crossing from last week
slow and low that is the tempo
freeheal2005

Postby Spinwheel » August 2nd, 2012, 9:26 pm

Tree across the trail - 5 ft off the ground -- in the south unit off Kern Rd. Otherwise in good shape.
Tim
TC, Hickory Glen Park - Commerce Twp.
Spinwheel

Postby Spokes » August 4th, 2012, 10:35 am

Trail crew was out bright and early working on the drainage at the start of the trail on the north loop. Thanks for all your hard work, it is greatly appreciated. Sandy spots are starting to get very loose but overall was in great shape.
Spokes

Postby c0nsumer » August 5th, 2012, 2:50 pm

Spokes wrote:Trail crew was out bright and early working on the drainage at the start of the trail on the north loop. Thanks for all your hard work, it is greatly appreciated. Sandy spots are starting to get very loose but overall was in great shape.

I saw those same guys out there yesterday, they were DNR employees doing trail work.

Rest of the trail is nice and clear. It's sandy, but great out there. The only problem spot is the typical muddy hole near Miller Road. This spot must be a seep/aquifer/something like that.
Steve Vigneau
Big Ring Coffee MTB Racing
CRAMBA-IMBA Board Member
River Bends Park Co-Trail Coordinator
MMBA Website / Forum Administrator

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, the MMBA nor CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby summerlongge » August 6th, 2012, 9:41 pm

Anyone know how long the movie production at the Middle School will go on - park there for Addison Oaks ride
summerlongge

Postby c0nsumer » August 6th, 2012, 11:20 pm

summerlongge wrote:Anyone know how long the movie production at the Middle School will go on - park there for Addison Oaks ride

You could just park in one of the Bald Mountain lots or at Addison Oaks itself. The parks can use the money.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Board Member

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, the MMBA nor CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby summerlongge » August 7th, 2012, 11:19 am

FYI: It costs $10 entry fee for non-residents which I do not mind paying once in a while to support the park
summerlongge

Postby c0nsumer » August 7th, 2012, 11:55 am

summerlongge wrote:FYI: It costs $10 entry fee for non-residents which I do not mind paying once in a while to support the park

I personally buy an annual pass for both the Metroparks and OCPR. It's not much more than just the Metroparks pass, and for non-residents (like myself) it ends up being a pretty good deal.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Board Member

c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby Rock N' Rolla » August 8th, 2012, 6:11 am

I think parking at that lot on the corner of Predmore and Lk George(bald mt) is a little closer to the intercetion than parking at the school anyways,unless the treed lot gives you the heebee-geebee's.When is that opening on Lk George goin' in at Addison? Soon right?
Rock N' Rolla

Postby Alexg » August 8th, 2012, 6:55 am

I get not wanting to pay the non resident price. If your going to ride both Addison and Bald, park at the lot on Harmon. Then ride around to I think it's 14, and head over to Addison and then jump back in and finish Bald from 14 again. That way you only need the recreational passport. If you don't have one of those your a cheapskate.

On a side note, what movie are they filming there? I saw a bunch if flipped over cars and busses yesterday. Image
Alexg

Postby utabintarbo » August 8th, 2012, 7:12 am

Alexg wrote:On a side note, what movie are they filming there? I saw a bunch if flipped over cars and busses yesterday. Image

<OffTopic>

It's a tornado disaster movie call "Category 6", I believe.

<\OffTopic> :D
utabintarbo

Postby Spokes » August 12th, 2012, 10:29 pm

North Loop was a little wet this morning after all the rain the last few days but still a great ride. I noticed many more leaning trees over the trail after 15 but nothing you have to stop for.
Spokes

Postby Spokes » August 26th, 2012, 9:46 am

Was out on the north loop at 8am this morning and the lot already had 6 cars which for a Sunday morning is a lot. Trail was just trimmed in the last few days which made for a great ride. Sand pit right after the long bridge through the marshy area almost got me but I held on and made it through. Got sliced up from a lone pricker bush right before trail post 11. I was wondering why some runners said "poor guy" when I rode by and at the end of my ride noticed the blood dripping down my arm. I passed about 6-8 runners right before the bridge over the river and all were very polite and waited for me to pass. Parking lot was full when I got back to the car. Have a great ride if your heading out.
Spokes

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments