CRAMBA: Addison Oaks

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: Addison Oaks

Postby c0nsumer » February 2nd, 2015, 1:18 pm

I just heard back from Katie Pardy, Addison Oaks Park Supervisor, and she asked me to share the following:

...our intention is to groom the trails as soon as we are able but unfortunately that may not be until late tomorrow or Wednesday.

A lot of our staff were not able to make it in to the park today so we are going to need some time to catch up from this snow and get the park clear.

So, grooming is on the way, but with this 40-year record snowfall they are still digging out like the rest of us, so please be patient.

She also indicated that they are going to see what they can do about an additional sign inside of the Lake George entrance.
Steve Vigneau

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby chris_werth » February 21st, 2015, 3:40 pm

The trail got pretty beat up today with the racers. The park really needs to get out there and do some serious grooming. Someone said they were grooming 3 times a week..........I say Bu#@$hit. This is just my opinion.
To "come back" would mean I've been somewhere.....not sure if I qualify. W.S 2013
chris_werth

Postby mrbikester » April 14th, 2015, 10:05 pm

Trail is overall in good shape. Dirt is a bit damp in some spots. Looks like a couple berms are all mud with deep tracks so that needs some repair. A couple trees down. Sure felt good to be riding Addison trail again. I missed it.
A couple more dry sunny days and Pauly's magic and it will be back to Perfect.

Also noticed that all the big beautiful willow trees that lined the entrance road were cut down. Does anyone know why?
mrbikester

Postby AaronEvan » May 13th, 2015, 1:45 pm

Will do! Perfect time to try my new Crossmark on the rear.
AaronEvan

Postby Trance » July 1st, 2015, 3:44 pm

The Addison trail was great today! No Dust, No Puddles, we rode it twice!
Trance

Postby lawn dart » July 3rd, 2015, 8:20 am

Addison was great yesterday. The first half had crazy traction with just the right amount of moisture in the trail.
The second half was a pinch dry, making for a few skate-y corners.

The few face-slappers we saw were gone by the second lap -- Pauly in action!
lawn dart

Postby lawn dart » July 3rd, 2015, 2:41 pm

2niner,
Do you wear a white jersey?
Someone in a white jersey went BOOKING through our group at Addison last night. Good pace!
lawn dart

Postby mrbikester » July 27th, 2015, 2:03 pm

Wow, Trail was perfect as usual today. Lots of wildlife scurrying about: several deer, a dead field mouse on the trail, several chipmunks, a bunny hopping across the trail, and in the lily pad full lake a Great Blue Heron and the swan family of four. Rode two laps between 11:30 and 1:00 and never saw another person on the trail.
mrbikester

Postby c0nsumer » September 25th, 2015, 7:46 pm

Kristen and I were out at Addison Oaks marking for MFO and we ran into Pauly, where he gave us a preview of some reroutes that he's doing. The goal is to keep riders completely off of the asphalt, and this'll both involve adjusting the downhill just before it, and having riders parallel it through the trees. Looks like there may be some new trail built at the end of the asphalt area too, reusing some old stuff...

Very promising. :)
Steve Vigneau

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby CycleArt » November 28th, 2015, 7:35 pm

Is the trail in good shape for a Sunday November 29th ride? Didn't want to make ruts with the latest rains and snow melt........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CycleArt

Postby jlsalani » December 26th, 2015, 9:41 am

knew the park was closed to cars, but thought you could always ride a bike in there anytime you wanted. Really too bad, great trail that will not get used once the days get shorter. I guess I am really asking as to why close it to night riding.
jlsalani

Postby utabintarbo » December 27th, 2015, 9:59 pm

Pauly was going out there this afternoon, so it's likely to have been dealt with. :icon_thumleft:
Addison Oaks TC

Current quiver

Impulse control fails me. ;)
utabintarbo

CRAMBA: Addison Oaks

Postby rushonbike » September 17th, 2016, 3:45 pm

Mcfawley,

From radar, it looks like all the rain has moved East. The trails should be perfect tomorrow. If you drive the hour and a half, you might want to include the Bald Mountain North Unit trail with you Addison Oaks ride if you haven't thought about doing so already. This is about 16.5 miles of riding. But be mindful, bald mountain is state rec. area and small game hunting is now open.
rushonbike

Postby mrbikester » December 2nd, 2016, 12:31 am

Rode Trail Wednesday afternoon and it was damp and just a few slippery spots but overall in great shape for this time of year.
mrbikester

Postby chris_werth » December 5th, 2016, 3:31 pm

Saturday and Sunday the trail was Peeeeeerrrrrfect!!

The fat bike trail is good to ride as well.
To "come back" would mean I've been somewhere.....not sure if I qualify. W.S 2013
chris_werth

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions