CRAMBA: Addison Oaks

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: Addison Oaks

Postby Mecheng91 » July 4th, 2016, 8:22 am

Rode yesterday, trail is in great shape. Will probably go back again today.
Mecheng91

Postby jreyst » July 14th, 2016, 1:13 pm

Many trees down at 10 am today. Climbed over 4 in first mile from Lake George entrance. Gave up and rode pavement after that.
--
John Reyst
Primary: 2007 Giant Trance (1x10)
Backup: 2013 Fezzari Wiki Peak
First Bike: 2004 Gary Fisher Cake
jreyst

Postby dhosinsk01 » July 15th, 2016, 5:16 am

sleepyguy1001 wrote:I'd like to find the fellas that found me yesterday late afternoon out at Addison and thank them for helping me. Out where the first half ends and you jump on the pavement for a bit. I have no idea what happened, but I took a whale of a fall and wound up spending the night at Crittenton hospital. I just want to say thank you to them as it turned out I was hurt pretty badly. I don't really recall a thing as I was knocked out for a bit, but one was on a black bike. If you hear anyone talking about an old bloody dude in that corner, send them my way so I can thank them personally please.

Glad to hear you're on the mend and it wasn't worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dhosinsk01

Postby mrbikester » July 18th, 2016, 1:44 pm

Rode trail and it was great. Saw that there had been some trees down but were cleared. Didn't see Pauly out there. Has anyone seen him lately?
mrbikester

Postby c0nsumer » July 18th, 2016, 2:22 pm

mrbikester wrote:Rode trail and it was great. Saw that there had been some trees down but were cleared. Didn't see Pauly out there. Has anyone seen him lately?

He's a park employee, so odds are good he has to work on other parts of the park as well.

I saw him when I rode last week or so... He was working on the final downhill.
Steve Vigneau
Bald Mountain Trail Coordinator / Addison Oaks Co-Trail Coordinator

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby utabintarbo » July 18th, 2016, 3:00 pm

mrbikester wrote:Rode trail and it was great. Saw that there had been some trees down but were cleared. Didn't see Pauly out there. Has anyone seen him lately?

Apparently, there were 24 total trees down from the storm, and their (OCP) chainsaw took a dump. So yeah, he's been busy. ;)

But he did call to confirm the removal of the two trees on the singletrack. :icon_thumleft:
Addison Oaks TC

Current quiver

Impulse control fails me. ;)
utabintarbo

Postby 2niner » July 18th, 2016, 5:17 pm

Saw him cutting trees Saturday afternoon.
2niner

Postby PK » July 19th, 2016, 11:04 am

Every trail needs a "Pauly" but unfortunately, there's just the one... :D

Pete.
PK

Postby utabintarbo » July 19th, 2016, 4:15 pm

PK wrote:Every trail needs a "Pauly" but unfortunately, there's just the one... :D

Pete.

Some trails need oversized trail gnomes. Stony has that. :D
Addison Oaks TC

Current quiver

utabintarbo

Postby Archangel6 » July 20th, 2016, 12:01 pm

PK wrote:Every trail needs a "Pauly" but unfortunately, there's just the one... :D

Pete.

No doubt, I feel spoiled riding Addison.
Archangel6

Postby utabintarbo » August 8th, 2016, 9:04 pm

The park wanted to inform the community that Addison is likely to be at capacity the next couple of weeks (until ~Labor Day), and that there will be increased traffic on the paved paths, and extra caution should be taken when merging at the end of the "first half".

Be careful out there!
Addison Oaks TC

Current quiver

utabintarbo

Postby c0nsumer » August 8th, 2016, 9:07 pm

utabintarbo wrote:The park wanted to inform the community that Addison is likely to be at capacity the next couple of weeks (until ~Labor Day), and that there will be increased traffic on the paved paths, and extra caution should be taken when merging at the end of the "first half".

Be careful out there!

I have to say, the new merge is WAY better than the old. Just today was a great example. I was moving briskly down the single track, saw some people walking their dog, was able to clearly see that there wouldn't be a conflict, and rolled on through nice and fast without getting near them. It's also a LOT more fun.

Also, trail was in GREAT shape tonight. Some of the new gravel is a bit loose, but'd I'd rather have that than the alternative. Everything is super-well trimmed, and it's faaaaaaast.
Steve Vigneau
Bald Mountain Trail Coordinator / Addison Oaks Co-Trail Coordinator

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby MTB_huh » Yesterday, 1:11 pm

Yes, the new merge is really cool and a lot more fun.

The trail was in amazing shape yesterday. Only a couple very small puddles were left around 3:00pm. Close to perfect - get out and ride!
Jim
MTB_huh

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions