CRAMBA: Addison Oaks

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: Addison Oaks

Postby TBLS » December 11th, 2016, 5:09 pm

Rode fat tire loop this am thru snowstorm. 4-5 inches of snow on trail, awesome!

Saw 5 other riders braving the elements
TBLS

Postby Dark-Fx » December 11th, 2016, 9:15 pm

TBLS wrote:Rode fat tire loop this am thru snowstorm. 4-5 inches of snow on trail, awesome!

Was just coming to ask how it was. Did they happen to groom it yet or did you have to slog through the trail? Thinking about trying to go do a lap on my lunch break tomorrow.
Dark-Fx

Postby 2niner » December 12th, 2016, 11:37 pm

Dark-Fx wrote:
TBLS wrote:Rode fat tire loop this am thru snowstorm. 4-5 inches of snow on trail, awesome!

Was just coming to ask how it was. Did they happen to groom it yet or did you have to slog through the trail? Thinking about trying to go do a lap on my lunch break tomorrow.

Did you go out? How is it?
2niner

Postby Dark-Fx » December 13th, 2016, 9:54 am

2niner wrote:
Dark-Fx wrote:

Did you go out? How is it?

Got too busy at work to leave so I didn't make it out there. Doing the Group Ride at River Bends tonight so I wasn't planning on trying today.
Dark-Fx

Postby chris_werth » December 13th, 2016, 10:31 am

I plan on driving by Addison today. I will post up if its groomed and ready to ride.

I'm concerned they missed the boat yesterday with the warmer weather that would have made the grooming perfect for us to ride the rest of the week. :(
To "come back" would mean I've been somewhere.....not sure if I qualify. W.S 2013
chris_werth

Postby chris_werth » December 13th, 2016, 7:24 pm

I drove into the main entrance towards the house and It appears the trail has been groomed....well, some piece of equipment removed a layer of snow and left grooves in the snow. The groomed trail is super soft and I walked in about 6 feet and sank down a good 2". Hopefully with the colder temps this week the trail will firm up or it could get much softer and make the trail worse.....only time will tell.
To "come back" would mean I've been somewhere.....not sure if I qualify. W.S 2013
chris_werth

Postby Dark-Fx » December 14th, 2016, 12:25 pm

chris_werth wrote:I drove into the main entrance towards the house and It appears the trail has been groomed....well, some piece of equipment removed a layer of snow and left grooves in the snow. The groomed trail is super soft and I walked in about 6 feet and sank down a good 2". Hopefully with the colder temps this week the trail will firm up or it could get much softer and make the trail worse.....only time will tell.

It's groomed but it's terrible. At least on my 3.8" Nates. I doubt 5" tires would even be enough to stay on top of the crust, it's way too soft. The portions in the sun near the start weren't unrideable but as soon as I got into the shade the story changed. Gonna suggest waiting a bit, unless you want to ride the untouched stuff next to the path, actually seemed easier...
Dark-Fx

Postby Rojallad » December 15th, 2016, 6:53 am

When riding Addy in the snow/fatty trail do you ride from the normal trail head or is there a different starting point ?
Rojallad

Postby c0nsumer » December 15th, 2016, 8:30 am

Rojallad wrote:When riding Addy in the snow/fatty trail do you ride from the normal trail head or is there a different starting point ?

There's large FAT BIKE ROUTE (or is it FAT BIKE TRAIL?) signs beginning at the parking lot adjacent the concession building.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Chairperson

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby Rojallad » December 19th, 2016, 7:16 am

does anyone know if addy is rideable?
Rojallad

Postby chris_werth » December 19th, 2016, 9:13 am

Rojallad wrote:does anyone know if addy is rideable?

From a post on FB, it is not. :(
chris_werth

Postby flamingo » January 8th, 2017, 10:30 pm

Did a lap of non fat bike trail today entering from Lake George. I had studded tires but for most of the sections the trail could be ridden with regular tires. It was cold.
Let's make 26ers great again!
flamingo

Postby NovaraAspen » January 15th, 2017, 4:41 pm

Does anyone have any updates on AO trail conditions? I got a fat bike for Christmas and haven't been able to try it yet...
NovaraAspen

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions