CRAMBA: Addison Oaks

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: Addison Oaks

Postby c0nsumer » September 14th, 2014, 7:38 pm

jreyst wrote:Huh. I rode Addison several times at night last winter. I believe folks here actually said that it was "technically" closed but that it's generally ok to ride at night there. I'm pretty sure I even posted here talking about it last winter. Either way though, if the TC says it's a no-go then I guess it's a no-go :(

I know it's been done, but the park has asked us (CRAMBA-IMBA) to discourage it, and I know someone who has been stopped by the police for doing so.

I just wouldn't bother there, when Stony is open until 10pm this time of the year.
Steve Vigneau
Big Ring Coffee MTB Racing
CRAMBA-IMBA Chairperson
River Bends Park Co-Trail Coordinator
MMBA Website / Forum Administrator

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, the MMBA nor CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby jreyst » September 14th, 2014, 7:42 pm

Accidentally posted this in the wrong thread (too many tabs open lol)

Ok, fair enough. If we've been officially asked to not do it I certainly won't. However, in the late part of the season I sometimes find myself with the only window of time available even after 10 pm. Last year I rode Novi (Tree Farm) quite often due to the 12 1/2 mile entrance being always available. Besides Novi, are there other parts that, while "technically" closed are common go-to night ride destinations that are generally acceptable to visit (past 10 pm that is.)
--
John Reyst
Primary: 2007 Giant Trance (1x10)
Backup: 2013 Fezzari Wiki Peak
First Bike: 2004 Gary Fisher Cake
jreyst

Postby Sortaslow » September 14th, 2014, 8:29 pm

jreyst wrote:Accidentally posted this in the wrong thread (too many tabs open lol)

Ok, fair enough. If we've been officially asked to not do it I certainly won't. However, in the late part of the season I sometimes find myself with the only window of time available even after 10 pm. Last year I rode Novi (Tree Farm) quite often due to the 12 1/2 mile entrance being always available. Besides Novi, are there other parts that, while "technically" closed are common go-to night ride destinations that are generally acceptable to visit (past 10 pm that is.)

It's like fight club man. We don't talk about it. No one has ever ridden stony or any other trail past the posted close times.
Last edited by Sortaslow on September 14th, 2014, 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sortaslow

Postby jreyst » September 14th, 2014, 8:30 pm

Ah. Got it.
--
John Reyst
Primary: 2007 Giant Trance (1x10)
Backup: 2013 Fezzari Wiki Peak
First Bike: 2004 Gary Fisher Cake
jreyst

Postby Sortaslow » September 14th, 2014, 10:03 pm

jreyst wrote:Ah. Got it.

BUT of you happen to get stuck out in the dark riding trail from a flat or something, just make sure you aren't at Addison. From some accounts I've heard, they are strict about it. You don't want your car in the p lot at stony after close too.
Sortaslow

Postby RMXByker » September 16th, 2014, 6:29 am

Anybody have any clue on conditions out there with last nights downpours? Was planning a ride tonight but want to verify its okay before heading out.
http://www.BoughnerRacing.com

Stable
2006 Bianchi M.U.S.S. (MTN Single Speed)
2007 26" Specialized Epic Marathon (Geared full squish)
2011 Salsa Vaya (Do all bike)
RMXByker

Postby utabintarbo » September 16th, 2014, 8:19 am

RMXByker wrote:Anybody have any clue on conditions out there with last nights downpours? Was planning a ride tonight but want to verify its okay before heading out.

By this afternoon, you will likely find minimal grease and maybe a shallow puddle or two. For a clay trail, Addison drains VERY well. No reason not to go. :icon_thumleft:
utabintarbo

Postby RMXByker » September 16th, 2014, 8:52 am

Thanks Bob. That is what I figured. Once Addison gets dried up in the spring/early summer it seems to be great 90% of the rest of the year. Thanks again!
http://www.BoughnerRacing.com

Stable
2006 Bianchi M.U.S.S. (MTN Single Speed)
2007 26" Specialized Epic Marathon (Geared full squish)
2011 Salsa Vaya (Do all bike)
RMXByker

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments