CRAMBA: Addison Oaks

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: Addison Oaks

Postby c0nsumer » September 9th, 2016, 7:15 pm

We marked the race course tonight, and the trail is in GREAT shape. With a bit of rain coming tomorrow it should be PERFECT for Sunday's race.

Pauly was even out there working on the trail at dusk. Just amazing!
Steve Vigneau
Bald Mountain Trail Coordinator / Addison Oaks Co-Trail Coordinator

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby MFawley » September 17th, 2016, 9:05 am

How does this place handle rain? Was hoping to ride it tomorrow. But looks like its getting dumped on in rain today.
MFawley

Postby c0nsumer » September 17th, 2016, 9:14 am

MFawley wrote:How does this place handle rain? Was hoping to ride it tomorrow. But looks like its getting dumped on in rain today.

My guess is that it'll be fine tomorrow, but you'd probably want to be ready to bail on the ride if it's not.
Steve Vigneau

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby MFawley » September 17th, 2016, 9:24 am

Its an hour and a half drive. So guess i will be making other plans! A bit to far to drive to have to bail. Thanks!
MFawley

Postby c0nsumer » September 17th, 2016, 9:27 am

MFawley wrote:Its an hour and a half drive. So guess i will be making other plans! A bit to far to drive to have to bail. Thanks!

I live about 20 miles south and it's mostly been sprinkling here so far today. Pretty much like Saturday before the race last weekend, which made the trails PERFECT. But, there's more rain to come this afternoon so it's hard to say...
Steve Vigneau

c0nsumer

Postby PK » September 17th, 2016, 10:23 am

For what it's worth, Stony was starting to get small puddles / greasy this morning by 10:00. It was a good morning for the trail work we did there but by now it's too wet for an enjoyable ride. AO will likely be worse.
PK

CRAMBA: Addison Oaks

Postby rushonbike » September 17th, 2016, 3:45 pm

Mcfawley,

From radar, it looks like all the rain has moved East. The trails should be perfect tomorrow. If you drive the hour and a half, you might want to include the Bald Mountain North Unit trail with you Addison Oaks ride if you haven't thought about doing so already. This is about 16.5 miles of riding. But be mindful, bald mountain is state rec. area and small game hunting is now open.
rushonbike

Postby TBLS » September 18th, 2016, 2:32 pm

Addison Oaks was great this morning. Almost 100% dry.

Just a note to the rider who passed us on the paved section along the road....certain the multiple runners/walkers participating in the charity event that we had slowed for enjoyed you buzzing them. Probably helped to develop mtb advocates for the park. Certain you saved 15 seconds on your starva time!
TBLS

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions