CRAMBA: Addison Oaks

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: Addison Oaks

Postby jreyst » October 18th, 2014, 8:44 am

Every time I do Addison I'm tempted to do 1 lap at Addison and 1 lap at Bald Mountain North but I always go with what I know is going to be in good shape. I mean why ride 1 lap at Addison then cruise down Lake George Rd. and get halfway into BMN and go "Man I wish I just did another lap at Addison." lol ESPECIALLY when the bugs are still out. I find Bald Mountain North basically unrideable anytime the weather is such that the mosquitoes and deer flies are still a factor. For some reason (must be the swampier terrain) the bugs are horrendous at Bald Mountain North but almost never a factor at Addison which is literally just up the road.
--
John Reyst
Primary: 2007 Giant Trance (1x10)
Backup: 2013 Fezzari Wiki Peak
First Bike: 2004 Gary Fisher Cake
jreyst

Postby 2niner » October 18th, 2014, 8:49 am

I like to switch it up, although I do ride Addison a lot more. If I leave my house I can hit bald north off Stoney creek rd, head to Addison, then finish bald and head home. Thats a 24 mile ride for me. Perfect. No bug issues yesterday, but the leaves are already so bad that you can't see the roots and rocks that good. And 3 major wet spots. But the double wet spot that has been there all year is finally rideable!
2niner

Postby jreyst » October 18th, 2014, 8:53 am

Ok if you ride Bald Mountain semi-regularly I'm hereby officially requesting that if you post an Addison trail condition report you add in parenthetically a brief summary of the conditions at BMN :) Just so I know if it's worth bothering or not. At least now with the bugs gone as long as it's not a massive mud pit I can give it a go. I LOVE Addison but really since it's so often the only usable trail soon after a rain (and we've had enough of that already ugh) then I get kind of bored of doing it AGAIN lol That's why I keep thinking "I should give BMN a go..." but then my logical side says "No, it's probably going to be a mistake, just stick with old faithful Addison" lol
--
John Reyst
Primary: 2007 Giant Trance (1x10)
Backup: 2013 Fezzari Wiki Peak
First Bike: 2004 Gary Fisher Cake
jreyst

Postby Jim O » October 20th, 2014, 6:31 am

"Addison but really since it's so often the only usable trail soon after a rain"

Holdridge East is always dry after rain!
MLB
Mama's L'il Brat
Jim O

Postby KLydesdale » Yesterday, 11:38 am

Got an email from Oakland County Parks regarding an Addison Oaks Park Master Planning Open House on Thursday, Oct. 23 from 4 - 7 p.m. Thought some of you might be interested if you hadn't heard about it already:

Here's a link to the webpage:

http://content.govdelivery.com/accounts ... ins/d73786
KLydesdale

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments