CRAMBA: Addison Oaks

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: Addison Oaks

Postby jnpcook » August 31st, 2015, 8:02 am

A friend and I rode Addison Oaks last night and the trail is in excellent condition! We were surprised that there was not a wet spot on the trail at all when Lake George road had a lot of puddles and the blacktop section of the trail was damp. The rest of the trail was completely dry and packed very hard which made the trail extremely fast. We don't get out this way very often and had a blast. After the first loop was done my friend said "That was so much fun, I think we should ride it again". I said "Definitely" and we rode a second loop. I wish this trail was closer to where I live. Thank you to the trail co-ordinators who put in so much time keeping this trail up. You are doing an excellent job. This trail is a blast.
jnpcook

Postby c0nsumer » August 31st, 2015, 8:09 am

jnpcook wrote:A friend and I rode Addison Oaks last night and the trail is in excellent condition! We were surprised that there was not a wet spot on the trail at all when Lake George road had a lot of puddles and the blacktop section of the trail was damp. The rest of the trail was completely dry and packed very hard which made the trail extremely fast. We don't get out this way very often and had a blast. After the first loop was done my friend said "That was so much fun, I think we should ride it again". I said "Definitely" and we rode a second loop. I wish this trail was closer to where I live. Thank you to the trail co-ordinators who put in so much time keeping this trail up. You are doing an excellent job. This trail is a blast.

You're welcome. But, just to be clear, Oakland County Parks and Rec supports this trail so heavily that there is little we as TCs do trail maintenance wise. We advocate and work on the relationship, but unlike some of the other parks where the trails maintenance is effectively delegated or ignored, Addison Oaks is almost all done by the park. If it wasn't for them, and their employee Pauly, we wouldn't have such a great place to ride.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Board Member
Bald Mountain Trail Coordinator / Addison Oaks Co-Trail Coordinator

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby jnpcook » Yesterday, 8:11 am

Thanks for clearing that up. I figured Pauly was the trail co-ordinator but now I know. In any case, thanks Pauly for all of the hard work you have spent maintaining this fine trail system.
jnpcook

Postby utabintarbo » Yesterday, 1:44 pm

Yep! Pauly makes me look good! :D

I guess somebody needed to! :wink:
utabintarbo

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments