CRAMBA: Addison Oaks

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: Addison Oaks

Postby jjmcwill » December 20th, 2014, 2:34 pm

Rode this morning while temps were still below freezing and the ground was frozen.

Trail was in decent shape, but there were sections with frozen pizza cutters that were annoying.
jjmcwill

Postby c0nsumer » December 20th, 2014, 8:24 pm

Trails were hard and frozen this afternoon, which was almost nice, if it wasn't for the damage caused by jackasses who like riding in mud. I only rode the first half, but most of this had some of the worst frozen-in pizza cutters I've seen in a long time. Big, big thanks to the asshats responsible for this. These'll likely be here until spring. :\
Last edited by c0nsumer on December 21st, 2014, 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed bad words that make sound not good.
Steve Vigneau
Big Ring Coffee MTB Racing
CRAMBA-IMBA Board Member
River Bends Park Co-Trail Coordinator
MMBA Website / Forum Administrator

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, the MMBA nor CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby jreyst » December 20th, 2014, 10:32 pm

I'm guessing those people don't read these boards... or else if they do then they're intentionally ignoring the polite requests to NOT destroy the trails. Maybe if we post some really polite signs at the Lake George entrance and inside the park entrance? If it's any consolation I rode Hickory Glen today and it's in perfect shape.
--
John Reyst
Primary: 2007 Giant Trance (1x10)
Backup: 2013 Fezzari Wiki Peak
First Bike: 2004 Gary Fisher Cake
jreyst

Postby c0nsumer » December 20th, 2014, 10:37 pm

jreyst wrote:I'm guessing those people don't read these boards... or else if they do then they're intentionally ignoring the polite requests to NOT destroy the trails. Maybe if we post some really polite signs at the Lake George entrance and inside the park entrance? If it's any consolation I rode Hickory Glen today and it's in perfect shape.

You mean like the Ride Dirt Trails, Not Mud Trails sign that's at both the Lake George Entrance and start of the single track off of the pavement?

I think some people just don't care. These were found on better quality bikes... Small Block Eight and Conti X-Kings, if I remember right.
Steve Vigneau
Big Ring Coffee MTB Racing
CRAMBA-IMBA Board Member
River Bends Park Co-Trail Coordinator
MMBA Website / Forum Administrator

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, the MMBA nor CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer
Administrator

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments