CRAMBA: Addison Oaks

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: Addison Oaks

Postby jreyst » October 18th, 2014, 8:44 am

Every time I do Addison I'm tempted to do 1 lap at Addison and 1 lap at Bald Mountain North but I always go with what I know is going to be in good shape. I mean why ride 1 lap at Addison then cruise down Lake George Rd. and get halfway into BMN and go "Man I wish I just did another lap at Addison." lol ESPECIALLY when the bugs are still out. I find Bald Mountain North basically unrideable anytime the weather is such that the mosquitoes and deer flies are still a factor. For some reason (must be the swampier terrain) the bugs are horrendous at Bald Mountain North but almost never a factor at Addison which is literally just up the road.
--
John Reyst
Primary: 2007 Giant Trance (1x10)
Backup: 2013 Fezzari Wiki Peak
First Bike: 2004 Gary Fisher Cake
jreyst

Postby 2niner » October 18th, 2014, 8:49 am

I like to switch it up, although I do ride Addison a lot more. If I leave my house I can hit bald north off Stoney creek rd, head to Addison, then finish bald and head home. Thats a 24 mile ride for me. Perfect. No bug issues yesterday, but the leaves are already so bad that you can't see the roots and rocks that good. And 3 major wet spots. But the double wet spot that has been there all year is finally rideable!
2niner

Postby jreyst » October 18th, 2014, 8:53 am

Ok if you ride Bald Mountain semi-regularly I'm hereby officially requesting that if you post an Addison trail condition report you add in parenthetically a brief summary of the conditions at BMN :) Just so I know if it's worth bothering or not. At least now with the bugs gone as long as it's not a massive mud pit I can give it a go. I LOVE Addison but really since it's so often the only usable trail soon after a rain (and we've had enough of that already ugh) then I get kind of bored of doing it AGAIN lol That's why I keep thinking "I should give BMN a go..." but then my logical side says "No, it's probably going to be a mistake, just stick with old faithful Addison" lol
--
John Reyst
jreyst

Postby Jim O » October 20th, 2014, 6:31 am

"Addison but really since it's so often the only usable trail soon after a rain"

Holdridge East is always dry after rain!
MLB
Mama's L'il Brat
Jim O

Postby KLydesdale » October 21st, 2014, 11:38 am

Got an email from Oakland County Parks regarding an Addison Oaks Park Master Planning Open House on Thursday, Oct. 23 from 4 - 7 p.m. Thought some of you might be interested if you hadn't heard about it already:

Here's a link to the webpage:

http://content.govdelivery.com/accounts ... ins/d73786
KLydesdale

Postby c0nsumer » October 22nd, 2014, 1:09 pm

Just a reminder, the Addison Oaks Trail Riders will be hosting their annual equestrian camping weekend at Addison Oaks County Park on October 23rd through 26th. While they will not be riding on the MTB-only single track, to avoid conflicts with the shared areas we'd like to suggest that riders consider visiting different trails that weekend.

Also, Addison Oaks is hosting a Master Planning Open House this Thursday, the 23rd, from 4pm to 7pm: http://content.govdelivery.com/accounts ... ins/d73786. Get out there and let your desires for the future of Addison Oaks be heard.
Steve Vigneau
Big Ring Coffee MTB Racing
CRAMBA-IMBA Board Member
River Bends Park Co-Trail Coordinator
MMBA Website / Forum Administrator

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, the MMBA nor CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby ilikenature » October 22nd, 2014, 7:52 pm

Saw a group of night riders out there tonight. Is this a weekly ride? I was in a hurry so I didn't stop to ask, but I'm curious.
ilikenature

Postby jreyst » October 22nd, 2014, 7:54 pm

I was there but not in a group. Not sure about a weekly ride. I did see Pauly diligently leaf blowing the trail. High-fived him on the way by too. That dudes too awesome :D
--
John Reyst
jreyst

Postby SteamDriven » October 23rd, 2014, 10:29 am

I believe Main Street Bicycles has a Thursday Ride meeting up at Cranberry Lake Parking lot. Might be wrong on the shop name.

Correction:- theirs is Wednesday.
The guy with the black Crave and weird accent... Usually found at the back!
SteamDriven

Postby c0nsumer » October 23rd, 2014, 6:05 pm

KLydesdale wrote:Got an email from Oakland County Parks regarding an Addison Oaks Park Master Planning Open House on Thursday, Oct. 23 from 4 - 7 p.m. Thought some of you might be interested if you hadn't heard about it already:

Here's a link to the webpage:

http://content.govdelivery.com/accounts ... ins/d73786

I headed out to this tonight and talked to all the people there. Great event, way more welcoming than the DNR events I'd been to. It really felt like they listened to the feedback and took down the suggestions. I'm really glad I went.
Steve Vigneau
Big Ring Coffee MTB Racing
CRAMBA-IMBA Board Member
River Bends Park Co-Trail Coordinator
MMBA Website / Forum Administrator

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, the MMBA nor CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby mrbikester » October 24th, 2014, 4:55 pm

Rode trail this afternoon and conditions were perfect as usual. Thank you Pauly for clearing leaves off of trail. Much appreciated.
Today was first day of Equestrian Weekend and some of the trail is shared with the horses. There are signs posted. Saw a couple groups and they were very nice. They appreciated me stopping my bike while they passed.
If you do ride there this weekend be very aware that the horses will be sharing the trail. Yes, there were piles of *beep* and some ended up imbedded in my tire treads.
My suggestion would be to let them have the trails this weekend and avoid any problems.
There sure were a lot of horse trailers pulling up later in day so I'm sure this weekend will have a LOT of horses out there.
mrbikester

Postby utabintarbo » October 27th, 2014, 4:27 pm

There is a tree down after M/M 5.0, at the start of the downhill before the peninsula. It's kinda hidden, so be careful.

There is also a few piles of horse *beep* that found their way onto the singletrack. Keep the eyes open and the mouth closed! :|
utabintarbo

Postby jreyst » October 27th, 2014, 5:57 pm

Yeah the down tree is right after a small branch that gives you a slight heads-up. The tree can be ridden around on the left but it's pretty leafy but otherwise clear that way around.
--
John Reyst
jreyst

Postby utabintarbo » October 29th, 2014, 2:03 pm

Tree has been dealt with. Carry on! :)
utabintarbo

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments