CRAMBA: Addison Oaks

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Metro North: Addison Oaks

Postby RMXByker » July 27th, 2010, 4:08 pm

I know the trail personally. But my boss would like a map for him and his wife... Thanks compengr
http://www.BoughnerRacing.com

Stable
2011 Salsa Vaya (Cross/Road)
2015 Specialized Fatboy Expert (Fatty)
RMXByker

Postby RMXByker » July 29th, 2010, 3:14 pm

Trail in good shape today anyone? Decided to take some friends from work out there for their first ride at Addison.

Stable
RMXByker

Postby RMXByker » July 29th, 2010, 7:39 pm

Trail is sweet you guys! Get out there immediately...Doctors orders! Nice to see you out there Bob.

Stable
RMXByker

Postby NovaraAspen » July 30th, 2010, 12:35 pm

Rode 3 laps this morning... trail is in excellent condition. Only found a couple face slappers and arm scratchers, but for the most part, it is cleared perfect.
NovaraAspen

Postby RMXByker » August 2nd, 2010, 3:03 pm

Just finished up two laps out there. A couple of face slappers and hand grabbers but overall the trail is fast. Actually time to look for a better front tire. Lost it going into one of the corners around the 2.5mi mark and clipped a nice tree. Shoulder should feel great come tomorrow...haha.

Stable
RMXByker

Postby c0nsumer » August 2nd, 2010, 3:11 pm

RMXByker wrote:Just finished up two laps out there. A couple of face slappers and hand grabbers but overall the trail is fast. Actually time to look for a better front tire. Lost it going into one of the corners around the 2.5mi mark and clipped a nice tree. Shoulder should feel great come tomorrow...haha.

2.4" Racing Ralph with relatively low pressure on your new 29er. ;)
Steve Vigneau

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby RMXByker » August 2nd, 2010, 6:17 pm

Ummm....nope. Never going the 29er route. Love my 26! Today I was running a Rocket Ron up front and a SM8 in the back. The back felt great but the front was all over the place. I was only running about 26 lbs in it too. Dad said he has another SM8 and a Nevgal I might try out. We'll see. I love the Schwable's though!

Stable
RMXByker

Postby Sortaslow » August 4th, 2010, 9:53 am

Ok. Feel stupid now as I just found the start of the mt. bike trail at Addison.

Using the point Bob mapped out a few posts earlier adds nearly a mile of some fun singletrack. I've been missing all this for two years!

Had been using the start where the park puts the maps (start of horse trails too?).

And finally the green mile marker signs make sense for mileage.
Sortaslow

Postby jalopy jockey » August 4th, 2010, 11:07 am

Sortaslow wrote:Ok. Feel stupid now as I just found the start of the mt. bike trail at Addison.

Using the point Bob mapped out a few posts earlier adds nearly a mile of some fun singletrack. I've been missing all this for two years!

Had been using the start where the park puts the maps (start of horse trails too?).

You've never seen the trail right across from the pavel path exit and done a 2nd lap trus completing the loop? :shock:
I guess I'm lacking mental clarity because I don't smoke pot. " - Di Bear
jalopy jockey

Postby NovaraAspen » August 4th, 2010, 1:53 pm

jalopy jockey wrote:
Sortaslow wrote:Ok. Feel stupid now as I just found the start of the mt. bike trail at Addison.

You've never seen the trail right across from the pavel path exit and done a 2nd lap trus completing the loop? :shock:

I ride at AO alot and just found this trailhead last Friday. I was using the one by guard shack but read on here that this is the new official trailhead.

It's not exactly easy to find. The "trail" is lawn with a little sign. I saw no signs on the way out to it to indicate the direction to the official trailhead, and normally when I come out of the trail (if I am not doing another loop) and head on the pavement after the log ride, I am flying through that section, so I never noticed it.

I think that some signage should be added to the parking lot to indicate where the mtb trailhead is so newbies can find it. A friend at work wants to ride it and I told him just use the other one because it was easier for me to describe its location (behind guard shack) to him (someone who has never been to AO).
NovaraAspen

Postby Sortaslow » August 4th, 2010, 4:46 pm

Sorry...what Novara says. Never seen it.
Sortaslow

Postby PK » August 5th, 2010, 12:46 pm

Mark and I did some trail trimming today.
Single track, from the old trail head, through what's left of "Double Trouble".

That should add some speed to that area.
We tried to open up the sight lines a bit on the fast downhill runs.

Pete.
PK

Postby RMXByker » August 5th, 2010, 2:07 pm

What part is considered "Double Trouble" Pete? Thanks for the trimming out there. Can't wait to go over the bars again..haha.

Stable
RMXByker

Postby c0nsumer » August 5th, 2010, 2:08 pm

RMXByker wrote:What part is considered "Double Trouble" Pete? Thanks for the trimming out there. Can't wait to go over the bars again..haha.

It's the two parallel parts of trail. Normally you just ride on the left one, since the right has been terribly overgrown the entire time I've been riding.
Steve Vigneau

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby dirt » August 5th, 2010, 2:47 pm

c0nsumer wrote:
RMXByker wrote:What part is considered "Double Trouble" Pete? Thanks for the trimming out there. Can't wait to go over the bars again..haha.

It's the two parallel parts of trail. Normally you just ride on the left one, since the right has been terribly overgrown the entire time I've been riding.

Which is funny, because up till a couple of years ago, the right line was the preferred line.
Nick Shue

The content of my posts are not the opinions of CRAMBA/IMBA, and should not be construed as such

I...completely...agree........with Nick. -Di_bear
I have problems with flakiness.. -Di_Bear
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain.. and most fools do.
dirt

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions