CRAMBA: Addison Oaks

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: Addison Oaks

Postby lawn dart » October 10th, 2013, 7:41 pm

Addison this evening...dry...smooth...Pauly with a leaf-blower...fast...trail's in great shape...fun...saw lotsa riders...
lawn dart

Postby blandri » October 14th, 2013, 1:26 pm

Lost Sette bike computer at Addison Oaks on Saturday. If found please let me know. 249 914 3944 call or text plz.

Trail was dry and fast, perfectly awsome!
blandri

Postby mrbikester » October 16th, 2013, 9:35 pm

Rode Addison trail today and it was in perfect shape. If it rained the night before you would never know it. I was there between 3:00pm and 4:30pm and was only one there. :)
Oh, there were utility workers removing limbs above the power lines in the new section near the Lake George Rd entrance.
mrbikester

Postby mrbikester » October 20th, 2013, 8:22 pm

Rode Sunday and after all the rain on Saturday the trail was perfectly dry. Amazing work Pauly has done putting drainage in that trail. I saw him out there today working hard as usual..
mrbikester

Postby c0nsumer » October 22nd, 2013, 2:08 pm

Hey Everyone! Oakland County Parks and Recreation asked us to remind everyone that this weekend (Thursday the 24th through Sunday the 27th) the Addison Oaks Trail Riders are hosting an Equestrian camping and riding event at Addison Oaks. (Click here for the event flier.)

Since some of the mountain bike route at Addison Oaks is shared with equestrian trails (in particular the two track which parallels Lake George road), please keep an eye out for more horses than usual on the trails.
Steve Vigneau
Big Ring Coffee MTB Racing
CRAMBA-IMBA Chairperson
River Bends Park Co-Trail Coordinator
MMBA Website / Forum Administrator

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, the MMBA nor CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby lawn dart » October 23rd, 2013, 5:28 am

We rode a couple of laps around Addison Tuesday evening and the trail was great.

Pauly was rebuilding/reinforcing the berms on the South side. That cat sure can move a lot of dirt in a short amount of time. *thumbsup*
lawn dart

Postby bergsteiger » October 27th, 2013, 2:21 pm

Great fall conditions out there today. The trail was nice right up until I taco'ed my front wheel. The report from the rest of my group was the rest of the trail was nice too.
bergsteiger

Postby Spak » October 29th, 2013, 7:43 pm

Addison was amazing tonight. Rode 2 laps, about half was night. Got to watch out for those deer, I came close to a pack of 3 a few times. Pauly was out there with the leaf blower, so the entire second half after the paved straightaway is 100% leaf free! for now :icon_thumleft: There's quite a bit of horse leftovers on the two track though. Great riding
Spak

Postby utabintarbo » October 29th, 2013, 8:12 pm

The deer move over from Bald Mtn. near hunting season. It's like they know.... :D
utabintarbo

Postby Roy » October 31st, 2013, 5:59 am

Small game hunters might be driving them out.
Roy

Postby Ricky Billy » November 5th, 2013, 8:18 am

Rode Sunday November 3rd. It was in good condition except for one spot that needed to be walked, about a mile in from the sidewalk entrance. There was also 5 or so different trees across the trail that will need a saw of some sort.
Shake - N - bake!! Shut your d*mn hole chip!!!
Ricky Billy

Postby utabintarbo » November 5th, 2013, 10:29 am

Ricky Billy wrote:Rode Sunday November 3rd. It was in good condition except for one spot that needed to be walked, about a mile in from the sidewalk entrance. There was also 5 or so different trees across the trail that will need a saw of some sort.

Why did you need to walk the one spot? Mud hole?

Do you think any of the trees needed a chain saw?

Not likely to get out there before Thursday or Friday. It's entirely possible that stuff will magically disappear by then. :wink:
utabintarbo

Postby mrbikester » November 5th, 2013, 5:25 pm

Rode Tuesday afternoon to take advantage of some warmer than usual weather for this time of year. Thermometer in car read 54 degrees when I finished at close to 3:00pm. As mentioned there are several trees down and some low leaners. Most need a chain saw. You do need to get off bike to get over or around most of them. Pauly has his work cut out for him so to speak. Also noticed that most of the leaves just about all came down at once and in some areas you cannot see the trail. Other than all that Addison is still a pleasure to ride.
mrbikester

Postby flamingo » November 5th, 2013, 9:09 pm

Wanted to ride Addison today, but there is a sign saying the park is closed due to Deer Management. Is it only going to be closed on the dates posted on the sign. Or is it closed now? Just for safety decided to skip it. Did 2 laps of BM instead.
flamingo

Postby jreyst » November 6th, 2013, 1:08 am

Bummer.. guess I missed that sign. I rode there tonight for my first after dark ride to test my new magicshine 1000's... Was very fun but lot's of trees down. I did see tons of deer in several places, had to yell a few off the trail right in front of me and then a half dozen or so eyes reflecting back at me from the big field when almost at the Lake George gate. Also, random question, is it general protocol to ride backwards after dark or not really? I ran into another guy riding with lights going the "wrong" direction but he didn't know for sure either if he was supposed to go the normal daytime direction or reverse at night. I said it didn't matter much since we each saw each other coming a looonnnnng way off with the blazing light coming from our lamps.
--
John Reyst
Currently riding 2013 Fezzari Wiki Peak
Previously riding: 2004 Gary Fisher Cake
jreyst

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments