CRAMBA: Addison Oaks

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Metro North: Addison Oaks

Postby c0nsumer » June 12th, 2010, 8:54 am

fattyclark wrote:Party at Addison Oaks today, food shows up at 5:30pm keg is already tapped! all you need is 6 bucks and you can enjoy as much as you would like! Anyone can show up we are on Group Camp sites 5 and 6.

Again that is at Addison Oaks, Oakland county park,

You really should clarify that this is part of the Metro North campout.
Steve Vigneau

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby ninerhuyghe » June 15th, 2010, 9:35 pm

WARNING! there is a stump before the bigger downhill with all the bricks going down it. It is hard to see and most people probably don't hit it because they don't petal through that section. I was riding today nailed my pedal on it and totally jacked my *beep* up. that is not a fun place to fall, just ask my elbow and knee. I marked it with a water bottle I found on the trail so that people would see it. It maybe a good idea for it to be marked with paint or something bright so others don't wreck themselves on it. I just hope I can straighten out my brand new front wheel.
alex
ninerhuyghe

Postby jwhitey » June 15th, 2010, 9:42 pm

You hit your pedal on a stump and messed up your front wheel? Tell us more please.
jwhitey

Postby ninerhuyghe » June 16th, 2010, 9:25 pm

jwhitey wrote:You hit your pedal on a stump and messed up your front wheel? Tell us more please.

yeah I was hammering through the section, so instead of having my pedals level, which most people and I probably have done a bunch of times before. well there is a little stump there and on my up stroke my pedal nailed it, which bucked me off my bike. I think the front wheel got jacked up on the cement blocks. it's not a taco but it's not a straight edge either. The stump should be marked and so I marked it with whatever i could find.
alex
ninerhuyghe

Postby fattyclark » June 17th, 2010, 9:01 am

I have never seen a stump there . But what I worry about is clipping one of those trees that are only a few inches off your bars when you go through there. lol I am sure the pain you felt in your crash is about has bad as one would feel clipping those trees lol
Luck is when preparation meets opportunity
Out in Michigan
River Raisin Guide Service
fattyclark

Postby Steve_Kinley » June 17th, 2010, 9:23 am

is that the stump from the tree that was cut out but not at the very base of the tree? I think the stump used to have an orange ribbon tied around it.
Hammer Nutrition Endurance Fuels and Supplements
Save 15% off your first order by clicking the link below!
http://www.hammernutrition.com/affiliates/34155
http://www.miscabike.org
Steve_Kinley

Postby utabintarbo » June 17th, 2010, 9:30 am

I do not recall this stump. I'll have to go and have a look to see what can be done.
Addison Oaks TC

Current quiver

Impulse control fails me. ;)
utabintarbo

Postby wingzz » June 17th, 2010, 9:40 am

utabintarbo wrote:I do not recall this stump. I'll have to go and have a look to see what can be done.

just tie the stump to the black sheep and pull the thing out of the ground with all the extra power that bike gives you :shock:
There are only two ways to live your life
One is as if nothing is a miracle
The other is as if everything is

MMBA Membership Director
Stony Creek TC
wingzz

Location: "The reward is looking back at obstacles , that are now behind you, and feeling like anything's

Postby c0nsumer » June 17th, 2010, 9:43 am

utabintarbo wrote:I do not recall this stump. I'll have to go and have a look to see what can be done.

Riding around the stump, maybe?
Steve Vigneau

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby ninerhuyghe » June 17th, 2010, 10:04 pm

c0nsumer wrote:

Riding around the stump, maybe?

I don't think the stump really needs to be taken out just marked so people can see it because It is hard to notice, but can cause some major damage.
alex
ninerhuyghe

Postby ninerhuyghe » June 17th, 2010, 10:08 pm

Steve_Kinley wrote:is that the stump from the tree that was cut out but not at the very base of the tree? I think the stump used to have an orange ribbon tied around it.

yeah I think so. there was a small tree right next to it. I think it might have been safer and cooler if that tree was left there.
alex
ninerhuyghe

Postby utabintarbo » June 18th, 2010, 5:26 am

I never noticed it because it is ~3-4" tall at best. :P In any case, I marked it with a couple of flags, and will ask the park about removing it.
Addison Oaks TC

Current quiver

Impulse control fails me. ;)
utabintarbo

Postby ninerhuyghe » June 18th, 2010, 7:55 pm

utabintarbo wrote:I never noticed it because it is ~3-4" tall at best. :P In any case, I marked it with a couple of flags, and will ask the park about removing it.

yeah it is hard to notice until it takes you out. I didn't even know what happened until I got up and saw the little *beep*
alex
ninerhuyghe

Postby str8flush24 » June 21st, 2010, 7:20 am

Rode by that a couple times yesterday. Didnt notice any stumps but saw the flags and water bottle :? Probably going too fast to notice it. :D Trail was in excellent shape though. Great day to ride.
str8flush24

Location: Most likely at work thinking about when I can ride next.

Postby kcnado » June 22nd, 2010, 12:58 pm

Except for a few face slappers and vines that tried to take my head off, the trail was in darn near perfect condition yesterday..... before all the rain :?
-----
"If I can't win, I will make the fellow ahead of me break the record!"
kcnado

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions