CRAMBA: Addison Oaks

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Metro North: Addison Oaks

Postby lucban » May 29th, 2010, 10:32 pm

Is there anyone here who knows the best route in connecting Bald MT-Addison-Blommer and Stoney Creek.Thanks
lucban

Postby PK » May 30th, 2010, 1:07 pm

Addison is VERY FAST right now!

BTW... Chris, the missing pallets you laid down in the one muddy right-hander are stacked-up on the right of the trail, just before the single track heads into that area. They're leaning up against a picnic table??????
I'm guessing they were pulled out of there in April when it dried up and were intended to be put back whenever it got muddy.....(Nobody thought that would be just a few weeks later).
It's dry enough now to just ride the trail..

Enjoy!

Pete.
PK

Postby c0nsumer » May 30th, 2010, 10:28 pm

Thanks to its shiny new haircut Addison is just wonderful right now. There are NO face slappers, nothing to duck, and only a few bits of trail where overgrowth licks at your legs. As Pete says it's super-fast and amazing right now.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Chairperson

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby c0nsumer » May 31st, 2010, 12:10 am

Sorry, forgot to mention one new bit of trail debris that fell since yesterday. It appears to be a large branch hanging from the top of the tree, supported only by a bunch of vines (grape, I believe). It and debris partially cover the hiking / biking trail. This photo shows it from the direction one normally travels, but doesn't show the fallen bits as well.

I think the park is going to need to sort this one out.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Chairperson

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby fattyclark » May 31st, 2010, 1:16 am

it finally came the rest of the way down, I saw that a few weeks back but wasn't to close to the trail so I just kept on going(that is if I am thinking of the right spot, could be wrong lol)
Luck is when preparation meets opportunity
Out in Michigan
River Raisin Guide Service
fattyclark

Postby RMXByker » May 31st, 2010, 7:13 am

Is that the left hander right before the short climb?
http://www.BoughnerRacing.com

Stable
2011 Salsa Vaya (Cross/Road)
2015 Specialized Fatboy Expert (Fatty)
RMXByker

Postby c0nsumer » May 31st, 2010, 9:52 am

RMXByker wrote:Is that the left hander right before the short climb?

Yeah; the wider/shorter of the two in that same part of the park.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Chairperson

c0nsumer

Postby intense8 » June 6th, 2010, 8:42 am

Was muddy in spots on Saturday especially first half of trail. Rain overnight won't help. Watch out for a couple of the trees. They are headhunters.
intense8

Postby Rock N' Rolla » June 8th, 2010, 9:26 pm

Coycote in Oakland county??? Today my wife and myself were riding through around 11am. I was balling down that hill after post 6, and I almost T-boned what looked like a Coyote. I stopped to have another look, and another crossed the trail.Do we really have Coyote around here. I m embarressed to say I didn't let anyone know of our sightings. By the time we reached the end of the trail we were running late for work, and tryn' to haul it back to the car at Harmon.To me, it's odd to see one this far south, if it was one, are the parks aware of it , or should I be reporting them as I see them? Thanks
Rock N' Rolla

Postby c0nsumer » June 8th, 2010, 9:46 pm

Rock N' Rolla wrote:Coycote in Oakland county??? Today my wife and myself were riding through around 11am. I was balling down that hill after post 6, and I almost T-boned what looked like a Coyote. I stopped to have another look, and another crossed the trail.Do we really have Coyote around here. I m embarressed to say I didn't let anyone know of our sightings. By the time we reached the end of the trail we were running late for work, and tryn' to haul it back to the car at Harmon.To me, it's odd to see one this far south, if it was one, are the parks aware of it , or should I be reporting them as I see them? Thanks

Oh yeah, they are all over this area, Detroit, etc. I've personally seen one in Holland Ponds (22 Mile and Ryan - photo) and I know that they also live all throughout Stony.

They are very skittish and won't hurt you. It's really rare to run across one, and quite a testament to how quiet mountain bikes can be.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Chairperson

c0nsumer

Postby fattyclark » June 8th, 2010, 10:54 pm

Rock N' Rolla wrote:Coycote in Oakland county??? Today my wife and myself were riding through around 11am. I was balling down that hill after post 6, and I almost T-boned what looked like a Coyote. I stopped to have another look, and another crossed the trail.Do we really have Coyote around here. I m embarressed to say I didn't let anyone know of our sightings. By the time we reached the end of the trail we were running late for work, and tryn' to haul it back to the car at Harmon.To me, it's odd to see one this far south, if it was one, are the parks aware of it , or should I be reporting them as I see them? Thanks

There is more in some parts of Southern Michigan then most parts of the state. I have seen some of the biggest ones down where I grew up. A buddy shot one that was 45lbs.
Out in Michigan
fattyclark

Postby wingzz » June 9th, 2010, 6:26 am

I've seen a few at Stony and I know there are a couple living in the neighborhood I live in (south blvd and Livernois)
There are only two ways to live your life
One is as if nothing is a miracle
The other is as if everything is

MMBA Membership Director
Stony Creek TC
wingzz

Location: "The reward is looking back at obstacles , that are now behind you, and feeling like anything's

Postby G.Cook » June 9th, 2010, 7:00 am

Had a Coyote come out of the brush in front of me on the Lakeland Trail on my ride to the Poto at about 50ft. . He loped along in front of me for not more then a couple of minutes and disappeared back into the high brush . Paid me no mind , which is why I knew it wasn't a domestic dog , and seemed to be all business .
You can hear them yippen and yappen at night out here in Pinckney on occasion . Figured thats how we lost a couple of cats and they creeped out my old Basset Hound . He would turn around and come back in the house if he heard them congregating . Did NOT want to go outside . :lol:
G.Cook

Postby utabintarbo » June 11th, 2010, 11:52 pm

Even though we were out there just 2 weeks ago, it needs another trim. Quite a few soft spots and face slappers. But the trees are all gone!

If the precipitation stays away, we'll be fine.
Addison Oaks TC

Current quiver

Impulse control fails me. ;)
utabintarbo

Postby fattyclark » June 12th, 2010, 8:13 am

Party at Addison Oaks today, food shows up at 5:30pm keg is already tapped! all you need is 6 bucks and you can enjoy as much as you would like! Anyone can show up we are on Group Camp sites 5 and 6.

Again that is at Addison Oaks, Oakland county park,
Out in Michigan
fattyclark

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions