CRAMBA: Addison Oaks

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Addison 4/3

Postby NovaraAspen » May 3rd, 2010, 2:52 pm

garyflintstone wrote:
Steve_Kinley wrote:Addison is rideable but the ground feels like your bike got 20 pounds heavier as it is slow rolling right now.

Wow, even after all that rain last night???

by Steve_Kinley ? April 3rd, 2004, 2:28 pm

Addison is rideable but the ground feels like your bike got 20 pounds heavier as it is slow rolling right now.

Dude, we're on page 49 now... your quote was from 2004... :lol:
NovaraAspen

Re: Metro North: Addison Oaks

Postby MountainMike » May 3rd, 2010, 8:37 pm

The trail was in decent shape today. There were a couple of greasy spots in shady areas and the two track along side of the road was a bit wet but those are the normal spots that get hit when it rains. Having the sun out today really dried most of it up.
~Mike

Every reality was once a possibility
MountainMike

Postby dirt » May 5th, 2010, 10:05 am

Front half was a little snotty yesterday, but the back half was good. Other then the two nasty spots after the first climb, the rest was just snot, and should be dry within a day or so, unless we get much rain today.

Those two spots at the top of the climb will be an issue till they are fixed, I think.
Nick Shue

The content of my posts are not the opinions of CRAMBA/IMBA, and should not be construed as such

I...completely...agree........with Nick. -Di_bear
I have problems with flakiness.. -Di_Bear
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain.. and most fools do.
dirt

Postby c0nsumer » May 5th, 2010, 10:11 am

dirt wrote:Front half was a little snotty yesterday, but the back half was good. Other then the two nasty spots after the first climb, the rest was just snot, and should be dry within a day or so, unless we get much rain today.

Those two spots at the top of the climb will be an issue till they are fixed, I think.

Are you meaning the new/race entrance?
Steve Vigneau

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby utabintarbo » May 5th, 2010, 11:09 am

c0nsumer wrote:
dirt wrote:Those two spots at the top of the climb will be an issue till they are fixed, I think.

Are you meaning the new/race entrance?

Probably at the top of the hill (yes, race entrance), just before the road crossing. Yes, I think we are going to be forced to deal with that soon.
Addison Oaks TC

Current quiver

Impulse control fails me. ;)
utabintarbo

Postby fattyclark » May 5th, 2010, 11:19 am

Trail was in Pretty Good Shape there was a few wet spot here and there, but was ok to ride.The Creek at the 4 mile Bridge had a lot of water coming through, so if we get a lot of rain tonight might want to stay away from it for a few days so it can dry out.
Luck is when preparation meets opportunity
Out in Michigan
River Raisin Guide Service
fattyclark

Postby garyflintstone » May 15th, 2010, 6:23 am

Drove by yesterday. I have been out of town. Water everywhere. I didn't realize we got that much rain. Unrideable for sure yesterday.
garyflintstone

Postby chris_werth » May 15th, 2010, 6:33 am

It's a good thing the May Endurance race got move to Stony.
To "come back" would mean I've been somewhere.....not sure if I qualify. W.S 2013
chris_werth

Postby ninerhuyghe » May 15th, 2010, 12:14 pm

it is a wet mess out there. avoid, probably won't be good until later this week.
alex
ninerhuyghe

Postby utabintarbo » May 20th, 2010, 6:35 am

It's still a wet mess out there. Many puddles and mud pits. I guess we are paying for April's great conditions with crap conditions in May. I am reticent to mark it as an "Avoid", but I won't be riding out there soon - no fun. :(

The gnome and I are looking to get out there soon to try and mitigate some of the water issues.

2 trees down... One that runs along and through the trail just before the 2-track along Lake George. And one small one that wings across the trail shortly after the big downhill into the lake. The park has been notified, so I expect they will be gone shortly.
Addison Oaks TC

Current quiver

utabintarbo

Postby Steve_Kinley » May 23rd, 2010, 4:25 pm

Addison was in surprisingly good shape today. Only a few small mud spots here and there. It will probably be all dry by tomorrow afternoon or Tuesday.
Hammer Nutrition Endurance Fuels and Supplements
Save 15% off your first order by clicking the link below!
http://www.hammernutrition.com/affiliates/34155
http://www.miscabike.org
Steve_Kinley

Postby chris_werth » May 24th, 2010, 12:01 pm

Steve_Kinley wrote:Addison was in surprisingly good shape today. Only a few small mud spots here and there. It will probably be all dry by tomorrow afternoon or Tuesday.

Wow, really? I thought it was pretty bad out there. We actually headed out at the paved path. It would of been nice if the wood pallets didn't grow legs and run away from the large low spot they were covering. That area is freaking trashed.
To "come back" would mean I've been somewhere.....not sure if I qualify. W.S 2013
chris_werth

Postby Steve_Kinley » May 24th, 2010, 12:55 pm

That was the only really bad area, the rest of trail after that was pretty good, certainly not as bad as I was expecting. It was strange that in some spots I was expecting mud and there was next to none. If you want an example of a trail in bad shape hit up the south unit at Bald Mountain, it has deep mud in spots like I've never seen before. Addison is starting to get overgrown in spots. The rain and warm weather is making things grow pretty fast right now.
Hammer Nutrition Endurance Fuels and Supplements
Save 15% off your first order by clicking the link below!
http://www.hammernutrition.com/affiliates/34155
http://www.miscabike.org
Steve_Kinley

Postby utabintarbo » May 27th, 2010, 8:54 am

Rode the trail yesterday. Most of the mud pits are now just soft spots. The one at the top of the initial hill (just before the 2nd road crossing) and the low spot ref'd above are still problem areas. We hope to do something with them Saturday. Some trimming as well. Join us! :D
Addison Oaks TC

Current quiver

utabintarbo

Postby utabintarbo » May 29th, 2010, 4:02 pm

Things are drying up nicely. Other than the mud pit at the top of the hill, it all just needs to be "ridden in". Go do it!
Addison Oaks TC

Current quiver

utabintarbo

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions