CRAMBA: Addison Oaks

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Metro North: Addison Oaks

Postby printenv » November 20th, 2009, 3:10 pm

The website for Addison Oaks has changed to http://www.destinationoakland.com. This is different than what is on the trail page, just an fyi :)
printenv

Postby utabintarbo » November 21st, 2009, 3:11 pm

Thanks for the FYI! :)

We removed much of the leaf cover from the old trailhead to the long bridge.
utabintarbo

Postby J-Rod » November 22nd, 2009, 12:18 am

Just wanted to say thanks (for the 3rd time) to the family that was out raking the leaves on the trail today! The 2nd lap was much more enjoyable being able to see the trail :)
J-Rod

Postby chris_werth » November 22nd, 2009, 8:28 pm

There is a large tree that has fallen down across the trail right after the right hand corner with the vertical boards that act as a retaining wall. The park will need to use a chain saw to remove it.

Nice job on the leave removal.
chris_werth

Postby Pauly » November 23rd, 2009, 6:19 pm

The tree is gone yea .
Pauly

Postby mtb_frk » November 27th, 2009, 3:37 pm

Anyone been out on the trails in the last couple of days? Planning on riding there tomorrow.
mtb_frk

Postby utabintarbo » November 27th, 2009, 4:03 pm

mtb_frk wrote:Anyone been out on the trails in the last couple of days? Planning on riding there tomorrow.

Be aware that there is a trail day tomorrow morning to remove leaves (mostly).

As to trail conditions, there will likely be some mud holes, but the trail generally drains very well.
utabintarbo

Postby bh357 » November 28th, 2009, 6:09 pm

Thanks to the rakers and blower. Trail was still a bit greasy in some spots, but it'll dry really nicely now. We noticed some spots were dryer on our second lap.
bh357

Postby mtb_frk » November 28th, 2009, 7:00 pm

Yeah what he said!
mtb_frk

Postby utabintarbo » December 4th, 2009, 7:00 pm

Rode the trail today before sundown. There were some slick spots, as one would expect given the weather, but there was only one puddle.

There was also some evidence of trail work being done - dirt added to the trail in a number of places on the front half, and what I believe is a new drain pipe. It all looked good, but I would prefer to get a heads up sent to myself or PK if someone wants to help out.

Also, be aware that the park will be closed for controlled deer hunts on the following days: December 8, 10 15, & 17. Please avoid the park on those days.
utabintarbo

Postby Steve_Kinley » December 6th, 2009, 1:09 pm

Trail was nice and frozen today, including the ruts where fresh fill had been added and people rode through it when soft. Looks to be mainly in the first 1.5 miles.
Hammer Nutrition Endurance Fuels and Supplements
Save 15% off your first order by clicking the link below!
http://www.hammernutrition.com/affiliates/34155
http://www.miscabike.org
Steve_Kinley

Postby c0nsumer » December 6th, 2009, 4:30 pm

I just got back from there as well. The trail is really nice, with a weird super-hardpack feeling, almost as if it were paved. There was a bit of muddy / slick weirdness in points, particularly on the wide grass areas along Lake George, but nothing unavoidable. The weather was floating right around freezing in the park, as puddles and parts of the lake were still well frozen over, and the line on my CamelBak kept getting almost-slush in it. Weather-wise it was a perfect day for rding there.
Steve Vigneau

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby Steve_Kinley » December 12th, 2009, 9:44 pm

Rode the entire loop this morning. I was surprised at the amount of snow in spots. It has drifted kind of deep already when you pop out into the field in the first mile. The rest of the trail was rideable.
Hammer Nutrition Endurance Fuels and Supplements
Save 15% off your first order by clicking the link below!
http://www.hammernutrition.com/affiliates/34155
http://www.miscabike.org
Steve_Kinley

Postby c0nsumer » December 12th, 2009, 11:19 pm

Steve_Kinley wrote:Rode the entire loop this morning. I was surprised at the amount of snow in spots. It has drifted kind of deep already when you pop out into the field in the first mile. The rest of the trail was rideable.

*beep*. Way more snow up there than even a couple miles north of M-59.
Steve Vigneau

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby utabintarbo » December 24th, 2009, 4:38 pm

Even more snow out there now (sorry, no pictures). Studs were helpful, but Endomorphs would have been better. Fair amount of deadfall, but the snow eased the transitions enough to make it unnoticeable.

There is a tree down on the transition from the end of the trail back up the hill. That will likely be there for a while.

Downhills were more strenuous than the uphills, psychologically, if not physically.
utabintarbo

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions