CRAMBA: Addison Oaks

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Metro North: Addison Oaks

Postby chris_werth » October 8th, 2009, 7:10 am

Thanks for the update. I sent an e-mail over to the top brass to let them know as well.
chris_werth

Postby fizgig » October 18th, 2009, 6:17 pm

did a couple laps today, the trail is in great shape, no branches or anything to worry about. Nice work on the mile markers, first time I've been out since they were added, nice touch. Found a hat, meant to turn it in at the office and forgot, PM me if you lost it with a description and I'll try to get it to you.
fizgig

Postby utabintarbo » October 22nd, 2009, 8:10 am

As of yesterday afternoon, the trail was wet but not muddy. Leaves obscured the trail in several places. Probably be worse by the weekend as the forecast is for more rain/cold/wind.
utabintarbo

Postby utabintarbo » October 26th, 2009, 8:02 pm

Trail was beautiful this afternoon. The leaf cover is pretty thick now, but there's still leaves up in the trees. Trail is getting kind of obscure in places.

A few of the mudholes are becoming persistent. Any of that limestone around that seems to be the preferred fill for such holes?
utabintarbo

Postby RMXByker » October 27th, 2009, 5:57 am

utabintarbo wrote:Trail was beautiful this afternoon. The leaf cover is pretty thick now, but there's still leaves up in the trees. Trail is getting kind of obscure in places.

A few of the mudholes are becoming persistent. Any of that limestone around that seems to be the preferred fill for such holes?

Being an individual who doesn't have every inch of the trail memorized I found it a ton of fun with the hide and seek for the trail considering all the leaves! Trail is in awesome shape and a ton of fun for sure right now! Even got the wife out on it this last weekend..woohoo
RMXByker

Postby Zoowada » October 30th, 2009, 1:04 pm

Hey, has anyone found a silver bike pump, I believe it says planet bike on the side in red. It's kinda small but I think it is somewhere at Addison. If anyone found it please give me a call at 586 531 5665. Thanks Alot.

Mike
Zoowada

Postby utabintarbo » November 2nd, 2009, 2:02 pm

Any interest in a trail-clearing trail day - mostly just clear leaves and deadfall from the trail? Perhaps sprinkle in a bit of hole filling. Saturday or Sunday morning, semi-early so as to allow a ride on the freshly cleared trail.

Do I need to clear this with park management?
utabintarbo

Postby chris_werth » November 2nd, 2009, 3:06 pm

Park Management needs be notified of ALL work out there. I can forward an e-mail to them if that date works.
chris_werth

Postby utabintarbo » November 12th, 2009, 8:06 am

Unbelievable amount of leaves on the trail (substantially more than just last Sunday), making some corners rather sketchy. Otherwise, fast and beautiful!
utabintarbo

Postby utabintarbo » November 16th, 2009, 8:46 pm

Somebody removed the leaves in the section shortly after the long bridge (for that I owe someone a thank you). They also removed the short, low "bridge" over this Spring's mud pit. No big loss, but I did find it unusual.

Otherwise, still fast and beautiful!
utabintarbo

Postby chris_werth » November 17th, 2009, 7:49 am

I did notice some leaves removed over the weekend, not sure who the trail fairy is....but thanks.

The large dirt mound that covers the fallen tree within the first mile or so is starting to show signs of errosion. It might make sense to have that tree removed next year.
chris_werth

Postby utabintarbo » November 17th, 2009, 8:35 am

chris_werth wrote:I did notice some leaves removed over the weekend, not sure who the trail fairy is....but thanks.

The large dirt mound that covers the fallen tree within the first mile or so is starting to show signs of errosion. It might make sense to have that tree removed next year.

I noticed the same thing regarding that tree. Would it not be better to throw some more dirt on there, rather than remove the tree entirely? I'd hate to lose it.
utabintarbo

Postby chris_werth » November 17th, 2009, 8:47 am

That would be a lot easier to do. If that is the case then there needs to be some type of little retaining wall built to keep the dirt from falling.

Where was that bridge located that was removed ?
chris_werth

Postby utabintarbo » November 17th, 2009, 9:03 am

chris_werth wrote:That would be a lot easier to do. If that is the case then there needs to be some type of little retaining wall built to keep the dirt from falling.

Where was that bridge located that was removed ?

The "bridge" that was removed was more like a walkway (over a mud pit) than anything else. It was in the cleared section where the trail turns left (and downhill) after the shallow uphill from the long bridge. HTH.
utabintarbo

Postby chris_werth » November 17th, 2009, 9:24 am

Gottcha. Those where small pallets that I put in before the first attempt of the 12 hour race this year.
chris_werth

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions