CRAMBA: Addison Oaks

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Metro North: Addison Oaks

Postby Pauly » August 17th, 2009, 5:54 pm

Can't someone get some 21 grade limestone in the small puddles before the become big puddles . The next thing you will want a reroute , Don't make me come in there and give you a spankin . lol
Pauly

Postby Indigenous » August 17th, 2009, 8:13 pm

Pauly wrote:Can't someone get some 21 grade limestone in the small puddles before the become big puddles . The next thing you will want a reroute , Don't make me come in there and give you a spankin . lol

No.

And reroutes are for poorly designed trails.
Indigenous

Postby chris_werth » August 25th, 2009, 9:12 pm

Man, the trail was fast tonight. Looks like the gravel fairy made it's way over to one of the mud holes.
chris_werth

Postby RMXByker » August 27th, 2009, 7:31 pm

Anyone got a trail map of Addison?
RMXByker

Postby utabintarbo » August 27th, 2009, 7:53 pm

RMXByker wrote:Anyone got a trail map of Addison?

There really isn't a good trail map of Addison around. For one thing, they don't have a numbering system like Stony, or even mile markers like Maybury. But they do have signs out there to follow. As it's a single loop, it's kinda difficult to really get lost.

In any case, I plan to put a non-official one together with GPS tracks over the next couple of weeks (before the race).
utabintarbo

Postby RMXByker » August 28th, 2009, 6:52 am

utabintarbo wrote:

There really isn't a good trail map of Addison around. For one thing, they don't have a numbering system like Stony, or even mile markers like Maybury. But they do have signs out there to follow. As it's a single loop, it's kinda difficult to really get lost.

In any case, I plan to put a non-official one together with GPS tracks over the next couple of weeks (before the race).

Sounds good. Looking forward to hitting it up. Thanks!
RMXByker

Postby c0nsumer » August 28th, 2009, 9:04 am

RMXByker wrote:
utabintarbo wrote:

Sounds good. Looking forward to hitting it up. Thanks!

For what it's worth, Addison is the sort of trail where, once someone shows you around once, which existing signs to follow (the park's hike vs. bike vs. horse ones), and the two trail entrances, it's real easy.
Steve Vigneau

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby utabintarbo » August 29th, 2009, 7:34 pm

As of Saturday afternoon, trail still had several puddles. Those will probably be all but gone by Sunday afternoon. The face-slappers liked the rain, as did the weeds. A line trimmer could likely be useful in several spots.

The signage at the top of the first hill did not fare well, either. :(
utabintarbo

Postby RMXByker » August 31st, 2009, 2:09 pm

Trail system seemed to be in awesome shape to me! I got lost a few times as others have said but in the end it was an awesome time. There are quite a few face slappers that a duck of the helmet is necessary also. As for the trail, no standing puddles, just a few softer spots but nothing major at all! Loved some of the big ring downhill sections, made every climb well worth it!!!!
RMXByker

Postby utabintarbo » September 1st, 2009, 6:47 am

To add to the previous post, there is a tree down about head high right at the very top of the big hill that goes down to the peninsula. Easily ducked under, but it may surprise someone with dire consequences.

I also trimmed a little bit at the top of the first hill. The wild raspberries are out in full force, thorns and all. They're snipped back a bit, but they shall return. Next time I'm going up there with my machete. :P
utabintarbo

Postby RMXByker » September 1st, 2009, 7:38 am

Hahaha....I saw that head hunter tree as well. Just figured it was always there and it was my responsibilty to duck...haha. As for the thorns, felt a few on my legs but nothing to bad!
RMXByker

Postby MtnBikerMi » September 1st, 2009, 9:28 am

Heading out to ride Bald Mountain and cutting over to Addision after work today, going to start out at the parking lot at Harmon and Predmore around 5:15. I drive a silver Cavalier, if it works for anyone I will be there! Drink alone, Ride alone, well, riding alone is getting boring..
MtnBikerMi

Postby MtnBikerMi » September 1st, 2009, 8:15 pm

Addison is in great shape, a few thorny branches overhanging and one low tree to duck, but otherwise fast and no mud, one of my favorite trails. Just do not stop, the little flying blood suckers will carry you away!!
MtnBikerMi

Postby Seppuku18 » September 4th, 2009, 12:52 am

FINALLY got out to Addison for the first time ever today. I would pretty much sum the place up with Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee! And the occasional WheeeeOHSHI..eeeeee! It's not Highland or Ruby or PLRA but man is that place a complete blast. Certainly my favorite out of the 4 local trail networks. Nice work TC's and co. Zero issues with anything right now. Other than the $10!!! non-local fee. Can't wait till the 13th.
Seppuku18

Postby utabintarbo » September 4th, 2009, 3:34 pm

Addison is in prime shape, other than the headhunter at the top of the peninsula hill. The park office has been informed.

Get out there and ride!
utabintarbo

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions