CRAMBA: Addison Oaks

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Metro North: Addison Oaks

Postby bbenoit1984 » August 3rd, 2009, 5:47 pm

I thought it was a great trail I'll definitely be going back. I know I did the Doe loop forsure and I think the Buck loop, if thats the one you enter off of the paved trail (had some good downhills and rock gardens). I didnt come across many markers so I wasnt to sure where I was lol. I also did the campground loop, bumed that wasnt a single track or really through the woods but I loved every thing else.
bbenoit1984

Postby c0nsumer » August 3rd, 2009, 8:32 pm

bbenoit1984 wrote:I thought it was a great trail I'll definitely be going back. I know I did the Doe loop forsure and I think the Buck loop, if thats the one you enter off of the paved trail (had some good downhills and rock gardens). I didnt come across many markers so I wasnt to sure where I was lol. I also did the campground loop, bumed that wasnt a single track or really through the woods but I loved every thing else.

Ignore those signs. Just do the one big loop... The park-provided signs are a bit... difficult to follow.
Steve Vigneau

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby kcnado » August 4th, 2009, 6:40 am

Im not sure if it would help anyone else. But for my own reference, I had plotted the trail from my GPS overtop of the actual Addison Oaks trail map so I got an idea of where I was at certain points in the trail, and where the "other" trails were going too.
So if the person who posts the conditions on the AO trail page would like to post the mtb overlay map, just say the word...
kcnado

Postby utabintarbo » August 4th, 2009, 7:12 am

A little bird told me of some directional signs that may show up at Addison to augment the official signage. Keep an eye out for them.
utabintarbo

Postby chris_werth » August 5th, 2009, 9:12 pm

You are correct. Be on the look out for some new signage. I really wish the park would put something out there, but
they have not been able to. So be on the look out for the new Addison Trail Fairy to put some stuff out there. Thank you Trail fairy for the time you put into this. Two thumbs up !!!!
chris_werth

Postby punkerfinger » August 6th, 2009, 1:22 pm

That would be very cool. I'm new to the area and was planning on hitting Addison in the next week or so. Looking at the map provided by the county, it looks like it could be pretty confusing. Are the new signs up already, or coming soon?
punkerfinger

Postby tstorm » August 6th, 2009, 3:05 pm

I did a couple of loops Tuesday and ran across some killer picker branches sticking out on the trail maybe a mile or so in. I stopped and got a big stick and whipped them back as much as possible and on the second loop they were not an issue. The branches are an off white and have huge stickers on them. They would cause some major scratches if ran into at speed so be careful because I'm sure they will grow back into the trail.
tstorm

Postby PK » August 6th, 2009, 3:20 pm

The signs are up today but be informed, the main trail already has the park's WHITE signs.
All we added are some additional signs for the connector trails that complete the loop, and where to go when starting the loop from the paved trail behind the 'ole swimming hole.
Small green signs with a bike and arrow symbols. (Thanks to i69Whitey)
Pete.
PK

Postby KONA Cruiser » August 6th, 2009, 4:01 pm

I thought I saw Tinkerbell flying around there

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu214/LLLlloyd/addisonsign.jpg
KONA Cruiser

Postby chris_werth » August 6th, 2009, 4:15 pm

I love it !!!

Thanks Trail Fairy's.
chris_werth

Postby volleybrad » August 8th, 2009, 2:45 am

I was out there for the first time on Thurs and saw the signs. It made the trail super easy to follow.

My only problem though - being a first timer is that I kept following them and then I thought that the trail started to look familiar. Yep, I ended up going through the loop again.

What is the best point to bail out or head back to the trailhead?
volleybrad

Postby PK » August 8th, 2009, 5:48 am

Most of us use the paved trail just after the log ride to get to the parking lot area.
That also is the usual route which most races use. The start / finish is in the parking lot.

Pete.
PK

Postby volleybrad » August 12th, 2009, 12:09 pm

PK wrote:Most of us use the paved trail just after the log ride to get to the parking lot area.
That also is the usual route which most races use. The start / finish is in the parking lot.

Pete.

Cool, thanks for the info.
volleybrad

Postby utabintarbo » August 13th, 2009, 9:08 am

Rode Wednesday afternoon. Trails had only a couple of small puddles and some soft spots to deal with. Should be gone by Friday. The new (upper) section is getting overgrown again between road crossings. Otherwise the trail was very fast.
utabintarbo

Postby bbenoit1984 » August 16th, 2009, 3:33 pm

Trial was in great shape today
bbenoit1984

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions