CRAMBA: Addison Oaks

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

CRAMBA: Addison Oaks

Postby Todd Scott » March 22nd, 2004, 8:28 am

Post trail conditions and problem reports for the trails at Addison Oaks County Park
Last edited by Todd Scott on January 4th, 2007, 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Todd Scott

Addison 4/3

Postby Steve_Kinley » April 3rd, 2004, 2:28 pm

Addison is rideable but the ground feels like your bike got 20 pounds heavier as it is slow rolling right now.
Steve_Kinley

Postby TheShadow » April 6th, 2004, 11:04 am

Anyone know if there is an updated map of Addison Oaks. The map out there seems a bit outdated.
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men... The Shadow knows!
Paint Creek Bicycles Racing
Your Long Term Care Insurance
TheShadow

Postby chris_werth » April 13th, 2004, 7:01 am

There is a small tree crossing the trail on the north section of double trouble. It will need to be cut down to be moved.
chris_werth

Postby TheShadow » May 22nd, 2004, 6:54 pm

Mud, mud, mud, some water, more mud!! Should be fun tomorrow!!
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men... The Shadow knows!
Paint Creek Bicycles Racing
Your Long Term Care Insurance
TheShadow

Postby hippymtnbkr » June 24th, 2004, 6:59 am

Going camping here this weekend. Are the trails marked any better?
hippymtnbkr

Postby Pokey » July 5th, 2004, 1:14 pm

I made a special trip out there yesterday (July 4th) and was dissappointed to find all the singletrack had closed signs at the trailheads.

Anybody know what's going on?
Pokey

Trails are open

Postby Pauly » July 9th, 2004, 7:44 pm

I've been working on a new trail head for a few weeks now . The storm took the old trail away leaving a seven foot deep trench that was five feet wide that is what closed that section . So what else is new the park has decided to bring in a small constuction crew to put in a loop around the lake . I helped the foreman to reroute a section of switchbacks up the watertower climb . also the mud that never seemed to go away till june is also getting a faceliift . We are not loosing any singletrack but we will be racing on pavement in the fall race . How much not to much about a quarter mile . What better reason to add more singletrack . I should have the new stuff done in a week to ten days. It is rideable today enter in at the old contact station . There is two way traffic so be carefull it is plenty wide . I talked to the park supervisor and he wants to order some 6x6s to post directional signs . I hope to recrute some park employees to operate some power equipment . The weeds are bad I have talked to Kieth about buying a string trimmer or a dr trimmer so I'm hoping . Pauly
Pauly
Pauly

Postby macbean » July 31st, 2004, 7:18 pm

Anyone know what the trail condition is?
macbean

addison is in great shape

Postby Pauly » August 7th, 2004, 8:03 pm

I've been working really hard 5 to 6 days a week for 3 months now . The new trailhead is on schedule to be completed in the next 2 weeks . The park had a crew in to asphalt a two mile section of two track . I met up with bob on there first day[ the foreman ] I helped him reroute the water towwer climb we now have a switchback climb up to the singletrack . I have wacking weeds, pickers , poison ivy / oak, stinging needles, among other stuff. I have added alot of fill to some of the severly eroded singletrack it is in great shape . Come on out I'll have the corse marked in the temp. signs for the Rural of pearl tour this week Pauly
Pauly
Pauly

lot's of meetings at addison

Postby Pauly » August 14th, 2004, 8:14 pm

Finaly they listened, the paved loop is very fast and dangerous . I have asked then to make the loop oneway . Well we will resrict certain areas. I am staying of it .Pauly
Pauly
Pauly

Postby chris_werth » August 16th, 2004, 6:44 am

Pauly, first thank you for the work you have put into the trail system.

Will they be using the paved trail during the race? If so, how will the race course be set up at the horseshoe climbs. I see they have run the paved trail on a angle across the 2 hills heading down toward the Drainer hill climb. Will you be removing the 2 hills in the race ??
chris_werth

Postby hippymtnbkr » August 22nd, 2004, 10:52 am

Last month I was riding the trail and I came across a guy fixing a bridge. He told me that he was the trail corinator for Addison Oaks. I asked him what the direction of the trail was and he told me that I was going the right direction and to follow the temp plastic signs. Every time I have been there since,I have rode this direction. But someone always stops me and tells me that I am riding in the wrong direction. When I told one person that this was the way I was told to ride from the staff he told me that him and his friends had ridden the trail for years and thats the way he is going to keep riding it(guess I've been going the wrong way at Island lake for a couple of years now :lol: ) So what is the correct way around the trail at addison. :?
hippymtnbkr

Postby craig » August 22nd, 2004, 3:48 pm

There is no "right" direction at Addison. The spring race is clockwise, and the fall race is counter-clockwise. Regular trail riding is two-way (I believe).
craig

Postby Steve_Kinley » August 23rd, 2004, 8:24 am

Yes, normally Addison is ridden in either direction with no "right way". As Craig wrote, the course does change direction for the races so it would be advisable to ride in the race direction the week prior to the race. The park would have marked it with arrows during that week also so most traffic will be in the same direction.
Steve_Kinley

Next

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments