CRAMBA: Holdridge

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: Holdridge

Postby lawn dart » July 18th, 2016, 9:10 am

iroc8210 wrote:Thanks Dan. Apparently the local wild life Didn't feel the same way. They were still on the table when I got there late Sunday morning...

:shock: :shock: :shock: NOBODY TOOK THEM HOME?! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Next time, I'm not gonna be polite. I'm hauling any unclaimed Cori-Made cookies home.
Consider this fair warning.
-------
I can clear the Rat's nests on West after work this week.
Last edited by lawn dart on July 18th, 2016, 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
lawn dart

Postby lawn dart » July 18th, 2016, 9:17 am

chris_werth wrote:...Planning on hitting the trail system again this week and trying out the Orchard trail that was suggest to me by Dan...

It was great meeting you Chris. Small world!

And ride the Meadows loop, not Orchard. Meadows has a fun flow to it. Orchard? Not soo much. :evil:
http://www.michigandnr.com/Publications ... Map%20.pdf
lawn dart

Postby chris_werth » July 18th, 2016, 9:22 am

lawn dart wrote:
chris_werth wrote:...Planning on hitting the trail system again this week and trying out the Orchard trail that was suggest to me by Dan...

It was great meeting you Chris. Small world!

And ride the Meadows loop, not Orchard. Meadows has a fun flow to it. Orchard? Not soo much. :evil:
http://www.michigandnr.com/Publications ... Map%20.pdf

Meadows...Got it. Thanks. :mrgreen:
To "come back" would mean I've been somewhere.....not sure if I qualify. W.S 2013
chris_werth

Postby santaclausersolo » July 18th, 2016, 4:23 pm

Orchards has a special sadistic charm as well! Don't skip it, it's worth the ride.
santaclausersolo

Postby iroc8210 » July 18th, 2016, 4:29 pm

I agree re:Orchards. Ride it! There's some fun stuff back there and it's probably the best
It's been trimmed in...a really long time.
~Cori
----------------------------------------------------------------
2016 Salsa Mukluk
2013 Trek Lush SL 29er
2009 Cannondale Synapse (Made in USA)
2005 Gary Fisher Tassajara GS turned daily commuter urban assault bike
iroc8210

Postby lawn dart » July 18th, 2016, 6:26 pm

santaclausersolo wrote:Orchards has a special sadistic charm as well! Don't skip it, it's worth the ride.
iroc8210 wrote:I agree re:Orchards. Ride it!

You guys kill me.
lawn dart

Postby santaclausersolo » July 19th, 2016, 8:57 am

lawn dart wrote:
santaclausersolo wrote:Orchards has a special sadistic charm as well! Don't skip it, it's worth the ride.

You guys kill me.

Orchards kills me!! :mrgreen:
santaclausersolo

Postby turbotoad » July 19th, 2016, 11:29 am

santaclausersolo wrote:
lawn dart wrote:

You guys kill me.

Orchards kills me!! :mrgreen:

lol, me too. Usually by then I'm cursing and pleading to make it stop :wink:
turbotoad

Postby turbotoad » July 19th, 2016, 8:41 pm

West/Tech/Lake/North were fantastic tonight. Albeit getting quit dry and the few sandy spots are getting pretty loose. No trees down or obstacles the entire way though.

One area that I would submit as an issue for a trail work day is where the giant root ball popped up last year (West at ~2.25 mile mark). There is pretty bad erosion happening there that has exposed an "across the trail" root right as the trail drops down about 10" into a tight sandy right turn. On the extreme left side of the trail the trail-bed has actually eroded to the point that there is daylight between the root and the ground. I fear this erosion will soon progress to the point that it can no longer be ridden and a bandit re-route will occur. I should have taken some pics tonight but didn't stop. It really should be looked at in order to get an idea of what might be needed.

edit; Also, that tree trunk that came down and is standing straight up in the middle of the West trail (~1.5 mile?) needs to go. It really disrupts the flow as it is mid-corner on a fairly quick downhill corner and there is another tree right next to the trail there. But cutting it will be tricky :lol:
turbotoad

Postby santaclausersolo » July 19th, 2016, 8:57 pm

East was in pretty good shape as well, except for one tree, about mid thigh high 3/4 of a mile into east, will require a chain saw or ambition.

I'd also like to thank the 2 single speeders out there tonight who put me in my place on strava, I was so proud of my time, until you both uploaded your times and knocked me down a notch on the overall and knocked me out of "fastest of the day" into "Last for the day" :mrgreen:
santaclausersolo

Postby r21954 » July 20th, 2016, 5:06 pm

Trees at .75 on East and the Widow maker on West were removed The giant over head tree about 2.2 miles in will have to come out soon, possibly next trail day. Done a quickie bench cut where the root ball is. When the tree is removed a new/better line can be cut.
r21954

Postby r21954 » Yesterday, 9:58 pm

Rode Holdridge tonight. East is in better shape than the West, never thought I'd ever see or say that.
r21954

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments