CRAMBA: Holdridge

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: Holdridge

Postby Zoo1424 » June 23rd, 2016, 1:54 pm

r21954 wrote:Trees on the East r removed. Trimmed face flappers and ground trimmed 9.5 to 11.

Thank you! I enjoyed riding the East Loop yesterday. I am looking forward to riding the whole trail system on a regular basis.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
09 Specialized Epic Expert Carbon
14 Specialized Crave SL
14 Salsa Beargrease
Zoo1424

Postby lawn dart » June 25th, 2016, 6:52 pm

East was dry, silty, and a little loose today, says a friend of mine.
lawn dart

Postby r21954 » June 25th, 2016, 7:03 pm

Rode East this afternoon and it was dry. It was rolling fairly fast though, 1:33:50 on the old timers ticker. 11.5 - 13 need some side trimming, the rest was good. Hopping the rain tomorrow beds in the 13.5 mile area.
r21954

Postby iroc8210 » June 27th, 2016, 10:53 am

:crickets: I know this is the "trail conditions" page but it seems to be the best way to reach a concentrated group of regular Holdridge trail users. Does anyone have any thoughts/comments on the topic below? If no one is interested I'll drop it.

iroc8210 wrote:
Zoo1424 wrote:I didn't get a chance to ask today, are there any group rides on a particular night?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I was hoping more people still would've still been hanging around the BBQ by the time I got back because I kind of wanted to poll if anyone was interested in trying to start group rides again. If we have enough people interested I think it would be great. The more sense of community people have with a place/group the more pride they take in it and more willing they usually are to help. We know the "rules" around drinking at the Day Use area's of state land, but we could always go to Bottoms Up for food or beverage afterwards and not worry about offending other patrons with our filth or stench lol.

I know CRAMBA has other group rides at Stoney and Riverbends but I think it would be great to have something at Holdridge for all those who enjoy the social aspect of group rides, but have no interest or ability to make it over to Shelby Twp. on a week night.

I think Tuesday would be a good night but I'm open to suggestions. I know we won't be able to please everyone but at least a Tuesday ride wouldn't interfere with the Main Street Wednesday rides at Bald Mtn. Wednesday is also the Mt. Brighton "downhill" series.
~Cori
----------------------------------------------------------------
2016 Salsa Mukluk
2013 Trek Lush SL 29er
2009 Cannondale Synapse (Made in USA)
2005 Gary Fisher Tassajara GS turned daily commuter urban assault bike
iroc8210

Postby santaclausersolo » June 27th, 2016, 10:58 am

My thought or comment is that it's state land and open to all of us to use whenever we would like (within the rules). If you want to start a group ride meeting up with your friends, by all means post it up in the group rides section here on the page and we'll see you there :mrgreen:
santaclausersolo

Postby jeffingbmich » Today, 5:05 pm

I rode north and all of west today. Puddles in the parking lot and the usual places on north but all of west dry. Trimmed the first 100 yds of west entrance and the first .4 of north before I had to leave. North still needs trimming in many places as does the middle half of lakeshore. Some places in the first mile of west main getting a little overgrown and turtle needs a trim. Overall, not bad for this time of year but not ideal.

Jeff
We're only young once but we can be immature all our lives!

Some call it trail work, we call it cross training!
jeffingbmich

Postby c0nsumer » Today, 6:02 pm

santaclausersolo wrote:My thought or comment is that it's state land and open to all of us to use whenever we would like (within the rules). If you want to start a group ride meeting up with your friends, by all means post it up in the group rides section here on the page and we'll see you there :mrgreen:

Exactly. The DNR wants people to get permission for events, but something like a social meetup group ride would not require that at all. Only if maybe it was some big thing... For example, we get a use permit for Massive Fallout, but since we're just directing people to use existing facilities, it's right on the edge of needed.

To the OP, I say go for it. Call a group ride, make it happen. Doesn't have to be a CRAMBA ride or whatever... The Tuesday and Wednesday rides at RB and Stony started out just the same... Someone on the forum calling for a ride.
Steve Vigneau
Bald Mountain Trail Coordinator / Addison Oaks Co-Trail Coordinator

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments