CRAMBA: Holdridge

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: Holdridge

Postby jeffingbmich » December 7th, 2016, 10:59 am

Steve,

Looked at several other locations last night and saw the same issue. Good luck with this! Good thing it's our "off season"!

Thanks again,

Jeff
We're only young once but we can be immature all our lives!

Some call it trail work, we call it cross-training!
jeffingbmich

Postby turbotoad » December 7th, 2016, 5:00 pm

Not sure if this will show up or last (with the forum issues of late), but West/Tech/Lake/North at Holdridge this afternoon wasn't too bad. A little greasy here and there but overall very ride-able. Only obstacle is a large tree down on the East "return" section between Hess Rd and the parking lot. Some minor twigs and branches laying around but nothing major otherwise.
turbotoad

Postby jeffingbmich » December 7th, 2016, 9:50 pm

Thanks for the update, Turbotoad. I rode north,west, tech, Lakeshore, and turtle early this afternoon and completely agree with you. Sketchy in a few places but still fun, especially for December.

Not sure when I'll be out there again but will get the tree on east return if Ron doesn't beat me to it. :)

Jeff
We're only young once but we can be immature all our lives!

Some call it trail work, we call it cross-training!
jeffingbmich

Postby iroc8210 » December 16th, 2016, 10:14 am

Just sharing info here for those who aren't on Facebook and still get their info here...

I'll be out at Holdridge ready to hit the trail with snowshoes at 830am tomorrow. It took us ~55 min to do one lap of the North Loop on Monday, stopping for snowshoe adjustments etc. I have a few extra pair if anyone wants to borrow them (just let me know in advance). Hopefully a few of you can make it to help pack in the 3-5" we're expecting in the area overnight. If 2 miles isn't enough hike another lap or head out to the West Loop! If anyone is a morning person and wants to meet earlier for a loop at 730 before the 830 start let me know.
~Cori
----------------------------------------------------------------
2016 Salsa Mukluk
2013 Trek Lush SL 29er
2009 Cannondale Synapse (Made in USA)
2005 Gary Fisher Tassajara GS turned daily commuter urban assault bike
iroc8210

Postby Josh McCreedy » December 29th, 2016, 10:11 am

Seven Lakes and the Holly School trails are pretty good riding right now, at least when they are frozen. Has anyone been to Holdridge?
Josh McCreedy

Postby Zoo1424 » December 29th, 2016, 2:57 pm

Josh McCreedy wrote:Seven Lakes and the Holly School trails are pretty good riding right now, at least when they are frozen. Has anyone been to Holdridge?

It's been a week since I have been to Holdridge. Not sure what the conditions are. The HS and Seven Lakes - good for fatbikes, or any bike?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
09 Specialized Epic Expert Carbon
14 Specialized Crave SL
14 Salsa Beargrease
Zoo1424

Postby Josh McCreedy » December 29th, 2016, 11:12 pm

I was on a fatbike, but as long as the ground is frozen, normal tires would do fine. Some of the north-facing slopes were chattery, but most of the ride was on frozen dirt.
Josh McCreedy

Postby turbotodd » January 7th, 2017, 9:08 am

anyone have an update?
turbotodd

Postby WICCMB » January 7th, 2017, 11:49 am

There was an update on the SE Michigan Trail Conditions (Facebook page) on Jan 5 saying the North, West, Lake & Tech loops were just frozen dirt, no ice and no fatbike needed. East Loop should be the same due to lack of significant traffic.
WICCMB
Administrator

Postby WICCMB » January 7th, 2017, 10:40 pm

WICCMB wrote:There was an update on the SE Michigan Trail Conditions (Facebook page) on Jan 5 saying the North, West, Lake & Tech loops were just frozen dirt, no ice and no fatbike needed. East Loop should be the same due to lack of significant traffic.

A group of us rode Holdridge West (without Tech or Lake) and East/Grubers this afternoon. West was in great shape, with no ice except on a few of the bridges. We were able to ride them no problem.

East was the same as west, with the following exceptions: it was very leafy (duh), and the first half mile (common with the North Loop) had a lot of ice patches on it. We rode it without problem, but it was definitely icy. As soon as we crossed the road, it was a night and day difference. There were a few trees down on Grubers.
WICCMB
Administrator

Postby santaclausersolo » January 17th, 2017, 9:26 am

Still a handful of trees down on east, first part of north is extremely icy, so I checked out east, it was hit or miss enough that I rode the first 7, but some areas were pretty bad.

Didn't ride any of west or 10-15 of east.
santaclausersolo

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions