CRAMBA: Holdridge

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: Holdridge

Postby AllMountin' » September 9th, 2014, 6:43 pm

North is nice, with a few wet spots. West is loose. Notably more so than a few weeks back. Good conditions overall.
--=Steve=--

Tom Robbins wrote:It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
AllMountin'

Postby lawn dart » September 11th, 2014, 11:15 am

There was a good bit of wind overnight, so we'll be bringing pruners and a handsaw on our planned ride at Holdridge this evening. I figure Ron will cover East, so we will investigate West, Lakeshore, & Tech.

Hope to be at the trailhead around 5:00pm.
lawn dart

Postby lawn dart » September 12th, 2014, 5:35 am

:wink:
West, Tech, and Lakeshore loops are clear.

We removed a few headhunters and hop-overs, and cleared away 'nickel & dime' bits of trail obstructions. There was no standing water, and very few greasy spots, though the wood flat-bridge on Lakeshore is slippery.

There are still some face-slappers to keep you awake, but the most-notable effect of the rain is a few more exposed roots & rocks... and SAND. Lots of it in corners and at the bottom of hills. It should eventually bed-in over time.

Overheard riders mentioning North had some slick spots.
lawn dart

Postby r21954 » September 12th, 2014, 8:01 pm

We are still planning on a trail day 9-13-2014
r21954

Postby turbotoad » September 15th, 2014, 8:49 pm

WEST was clear this evening with minor greasy spots here and there. Hunter was milling about just before the "wall" (glad I wore my blaze orange jersey :P ). Both low leaners were gone from the Lake Loop and the downed tree on the last clinb out of Lake was cleared too. Thanks to Dan ? :D

NORTH was clear with the typical greeeeezy areas shortly after a rain.

A "make shift" skinney (split log leaned against downed tree) on the Tech Loop needs to go. It was recently placed right over an existing (for YEARS!!!) rock pile that some of us enjoy riding over. The split log is now in the way. I don't mind additions to the trail (if approved) but not if it removes/blocks an existing feature :cry:
Todd P.
2012 Titus X
2009 Fuji Reveal
2004 Raleigh Inferno XC
2003 Mountain Cycle SLiX
1995 TREK Y33
TP
http://www.reverbnation.com/toddparkinson
turbotoad

Postby lawn dart » Yesterday, 5:03 am

The "Fork of Death", a large upside-down tree top hanging above the trail at about 1.5 miles on North is starting settle closer to the trail. One of our group took a branch to the helmet and was almost knocked off his bike.

The rest of the trails were described well by Turbo; West & Tech were clear and very ride-able... and then the rain came at @ 6:30. :(
lawn dart

Postby turbotoad » Yesterday, 12:10 pm

lawn dart wrote:The "Fork of Death", a large upside-down tree top hanging above the trail at about 1.5 miles on North is starting settle closer to the trail. One of our group took a branch to the helmet and was almost knocked off his bike.

The rest of the trails were described well by Turbo; West & Tech were clear and very ride-able... and then the rain came at @ 6:30. :(

Yes, I mentioned that tree top to Andy on the way out of the East on Saturday. I called it the "Mouse Trap" cause it reminded me of that old board game with the upside down cage at the end of the contraption (yeah, I know board game.......I'm old) :lol: Anyway, I also noticed it was even closer yesterday as it almost grazed my helmet. Not sure how to tackle that one though, as it's basically half of a tree hanging upside down up in the canopy! Maybe get a rope around it and try to pull it down to be cut up?
Todd P.
2012 Titus X
2009 Fuji Reveal
2004 Raleigh Inferno XC
2003 Mountain Cycle SLiX
1995 TREK Y33
TP
http://www.reverbnation.com/toddparkinson
turbotoad

Postby lawn dart » Yesterday, 3:04 pm

"Mouse Trap"? That's awesome!
Man, I laughed out loud.
lawn dart

Postby Mucky » Yesterday, 6:23 pm

I rode west around 5 p.m. Trail was clear, but it was very greasy with a handful of mud puddles. I was surprised by the massive erosion on a hill about 8/10 of a mile in. I didn't ride the tech loop or lake loop. Got a flat 2.5 miles in, but walked/ran the rest of the trail
Mucky

Postby lawn dart » Today, 5:01 am

East, Meadow, and the return trail were clear yesterday evening, but there were headhunters, hop-overs, and face-slappers in various places.
lawn dart

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments