CRAMBA: Holdridge

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: Holdridge

Postby turbotoad » October 21st, 2014, 4:27 pm

Ok.....Reject! LOL :D
turbotoad

Postby lawn dart » October 22nd, 2014, 6:24 pm

West & Tech are clear. A couple of muddy spots. Plenty of leaves.
lawn dart

Postby turbotoad » October 25th, 2014, 3:30 pm

Rode West and North. Both were near PERFECT for an early fall ride. Lots of leaf coverage on the trail, but they were dry enough to not be slimey or super slick. Not that they wouldn't catch you by surprise from time time, and throw your trajectory off. But this made it exciting. Plus all of those little anoying objects you usually avoid are hidden and I seemed to tag a lot of them today. But a great ride overall. Get out there and enjoy!
turbotoad

Postby r21954 » October 26th, 2014, 7:36 pm

The entire East was clear and in great condition this afternoon.
r21954

Postby lawn dart » October 27th, 2014, 7:25 pm

Gruber's and Meadows on East were clear this afternoon. As far as conditions, I'll hand that over to Turbo and his excellent description...
turbotoad wrote:...Lots of leaf coverage on the trail, but they were dry enough to not be slimey or super slick. Not that they wouldn't catch you by surprise from time time, and throw your trajectory off. But this made it exciting. Plus all of those little anoying objects you usually avoid are hidden and I seemed to tag a lot of them today. But a great ride overall.

Ron,
I did a little re-direct on Meadows to divert riders away from a chronically wet mini-bog at around the 9 mile mark. Not sure if it's up to code, so let me know what you think...
lawn dart

Postby Jim O » October 27th, 2014, 8:04 pm

Hmmm, do not remember a chronic wet area around 9? There is after 7.5 but 9?
MLB
Mama's L'il Brat
Jim O

Postby r21954 » October 27th, 2014, 9:28 pm

There is a little hole in a corner at 9.2 I believe Jim. I was going to take a hoe back there and fix it but never got to it. Thanks Dan, I think.lol
I removed all the equipment from the trailer today, organized and winterized. Dave brought back the DR power wagon and its in the trailer now as well.
I would like to thank everyone that gave of their time and resources this year to help make Holdridge the awesome trail system that it is!
r21954

Postby black2003ss » October 28th, 2014, 5:23 am

Made it back out on the trail tonight for the first time since August. Although it was covered in leaves making it sketchy, I took my time and the weather couldn't have been more perfect. I also was on a "new to me" bike as well so I was feeling that out as well. Did West and Lake Loops. Great work and yes, the bridge area over the swamp is much better, big improvement. And that leaner in the one switch back, glad that is gone too!

Not sure if it will wait until spring, but there is a head hunter group of trees over the trail at mile ~.7 on West a bit before the first big rooted climb.
black2003ss

Postby Jim O » October 28th, 2014, 6:09 am

RON,
A really big THANKS goes to you!!!! This year has brought some unique situations to Holdridge and you have met the challenge each time. Appreciation seems understated but just want you know we care!
Also, thanks to all the extended helpers. You have been a tremendous help. It takes all of us working together that keeps Holdridge the way it was meant to be.
MLB
Mama's L'il Brat
Jim O

Postby lawn dart » October 28th, 2014, 10:50 am

black2003ss wrote:...Not sure if it will wait until spring, but there is a head hunter group of trees over the trail at mile ~.7 on West a bit before the first big rooted climb.

There are a bunch of potential headhunters out at Holdridge. Most will probably be okay up to the first heavy snowfall.
Next Spring they will be low enough (or completely down) to deal with. If this Spring was any indicator, Team Chainsaw will be busy!

Many thanks to all (authorized and *ahem* un-authorized) who worked on the Holdridge trail system this year. :icon_thumleft:
lawn dart

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments