CRAMBA: Holdridge

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: Holdridge

Postby Critter7r » May 22nd, 2015, 6:51 am

turbotoad wrote:
Jim O wrote:I have many details......some enthusiastic future plans to build a tunnel under I-75 to access Holdridge......Seems rather ambitious, but we shall see.

I was just thinking about this a few weeks ago while riding the East. How cool it would be if they could either tunnel under I-75 or build a "bike overpass" over I-75, connecting the proposed adventure park to Holdridge. Not sure where the appropriate location for that would be (end of Hess Rd is probably too far North) to have a good entrance into the Holdridge trail system. And like you said, it seems rather ambitious as I'm not sure the limited MTB aspects of the park would justify such a major project. Heck, they can just drive a few miles to the trail head :wink:

The end of Hess Rd is directly across the freeway from Holdridge Rd, which has an access road to the site.

IIRC, the pedestrian bridge for the Clinton River Trail that goes over Telegraph near Orchard Lk Rd cost about $3M.
<> Chris <>
I live in Holly & ride my '02 FSR 26'er '09 Trek Fuel 26'er at Holdridge.
Critter7r

Postby Ti_fighter » May 22nd, 2015, 5:35 pm

Just finished riding all 25 miles. All the trails are in great condition with lovely spring wild flowers in the first few miles of Grubers. The under growth is filling in fast and making trail sporting tricky at times.

One tree down (about 14" dia) about 100 yards into the lake loop.
2009 Motobecane Fantom Team 26FS
2013 Motobecane Fly Team Ti 29HT
2013 Motobecane FB4 Elite
2014 Specialized Crave SL
Ti_fighter

Postby GeoffM » Yesterday, 1:06 pm

Inspired by Ti_fighter, I also tried to do all the loops. Instead of skipping out on the Thorn dog exit, I went for Orchard and remembered that the actual Orchard is also skippable, so I did that. Completely forgot about all the fun that exists back there.

Next I did the west loop, and spun my back tire out on a really sandy corner in-between miles 2 and 2.5. I was on a downhill/turn right section, and my bike scattered a lot of the sand. I tried to push it back into the path, but hands and feet can only do so much. You can tell someone wiped out there.

In the tech loop, there is a feature tipped over along the back next to the fence. It's a board that's cut it half so you can ride up it, but it's tipped over with the flat section facing down.

I didn't ride the lake loop because I fell on it last time and had no desire to do it again.
GeoffM

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments