CRAMBA: Holdridge

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Postby G.Cook » August 22nd, 2008, 12:44 pm

What's with all the horse poo on West loop? Are equestrians allowed on these trails?

:shock:
G.Cook

Postby Diesel » August 22nd, 2008, 7:30 pm

nolan wrote:What's with all the horse poo on West loop? Are equestrians allowed on these trails?

No, they are not allowed. They always seem to find their way back out there after being reminded of this, however. There is a horse farm (with a gate leading right onto the trail) at the top of "the wall" on the West loop. I've always wondered what the reaction would be should someone use a chain and padlock to keep that gate from opening...HMMMMMM.

I noticed some horse "evidence" on Wednesday. Fortunately, I did not notice any real damage to the trail from the hooves.
W.W.M.D.D.
What would Matt Damon do???

www.teamsandbag.com
Diesel

Postby black2003ss » August 22nd, 2008, 10:12 pm

Saw the same evidence out there myself on the west loop. It wa spretty packed down already though...lol.

On a side not, a big thanks to whoever took out that huge tree at the 3.5mile marker that has been there since June I think, with the poorly/dangerously built ramp jump. It was fun being able to rip through that section again and not come to an almost complete stop to go around the tree.
black2003ss

Postby trkryder » August 29th, 2008, 2:50 pm

tree down before last climb on the lakes loop. No way to go around or over for that matter.
trkryder

Postby WICCMB » August 31st, 2008, 8:19 pm

I rode all of the West/Tech/Lake Loop as well as the Gruber's on Saturday 8/30. The tree is still down on the Lake Loop as mentioned in the previous post. You can climb over it without too much trouble. The rest of the West Loop is in great shape - loved it! :D (haven't been there in 2+ years)

Gruber's was in good shape until I got to about mile 8 or so on the Meadow Loop......from there through about mile 13 it was very overgrown! Some sections in that stretch were better than others, but my arms got all torn up.
WICCMB
Administrator

Computer found 9/2

Postby failagain » September 4th, 2008, 7:02 am

Found a computer on the trail Tuesday 9/2 - West Loop a couple miles in. Describe it in a PM so that it can be returned to the rightful owner.

Trail was in great shape proior to yesterday's rain otherwise. Tree on Lakeshore was still down.
Kidnap Yourself
failagain

Postby One and done » September 4th, 2008, 5:09 pm

I belive that computer belongs to Todd Callahan. I was out there riding Saturday around 11:30am and he was walking out with a broken wrist. If you found it in the west loop it was near the two 45 degree skinnies. He fell going over the backside. He couldn't remember the brand in his condition but said it was silver. I did find his allen wrenches and called him to let him know I found that but not his computer.

I still have his phone number.
One and done

Any current conditions for Holdridge

Postby darkstar » September 19th, 2008, 9:00 am

Planing on hitting this trail on sat then the ren festival afterward. Im just wondering about trail conditions. Has any one been out there recently and could you post some conditions ?
darkstar

Postby Voss » September 19th, 2008, 7:43 pm

Rode the first 7 of Gruber's, West+Lake and North Loops today (Friday).

The first 7 of Gruber's was extremely loose. The heavy rains did a number on it last weekend. I lost count along the way but there are trees down at the 1, 1.5, 3, 3.9 (a couple more I don't recall exact location), and there's tree in the landing zone of the small drop shortly after 5. All told I think I had to get off the bike around 7 times to get over trees. I gave up at that point and bailed to the road.

West was clear except for a tree down right where the west tech loop ties back into the trail.

North was clear.
Voss

Postby Josh McCreedy » September 29th, 2008, 5:12 am

I believe most or all of those trees on Gruber's have been cleared thanks to Tony and Ron. The meadows loop (miles 7-9) have been hit with DR trimmers. North loop got some trimming as well on our Sunday trail day.
Josh McCreedy

Postby gossamer » October 2nd, 2008, 1:58 pm

Rode all of the loops today. There was a tree down about 2 miles in on the east loop, and several trees down out my markers 11 through 13 I believe. The far out loops were very overgrown with a lot of face slappers, this part of the trail doesn't seem to get much use, it seems most people take the shortcut.

But overall the trails are in good shape, and should be fun for the race on the 19th. :D
"Get busy living, or get busy dying." Andy Dufresne in the Shawshank Redemption
http://www.fraserbicycle.com
gossamer

Location: Smack dab in the middle of nowhere, just a little farther than somewhere

Trees still down

Postby opselite275 » October 5th, 2008, 12:08 pm

Yea there are some trees still down, and i think it was about three total on the trail along with a lot of pickers and over growth on the trail mostly past mile 10. Look out I got cut in the lip my a picker scraping me. Lets hope they clear this trail before the time trial on October 19th
Make It A Great And Healthy Day!

Personal/Fitness Training In Downtown Northville

www.foreverfittrainer.com
opselite275

Postby Josh McCreedy » October 12th, 2008, 6:48 pm

Chopped four logs out of Gruber's starting at the hunter's trail (mile 1 3/4ish) to mile 7. Didn't get to the 11 to 13 logs yet. Please post up with recent conditions/logs down.
Josh McCreedy

anyone riding tonight?

Postby toobadtwo » October 14th, 2008, 12:14 pm

HI all, I would like to join you guys for tonights ride . anyone going and is the start time still 6:45? thanks
toobadtwo

Re: anyone riding tonight?

Postby KRUG » October 14th, 2008, 2:12 pm

toobadtwo wrote:HI all, I would like to join you guys for tonights ride . anyone going and is the start time still 6:45? thanks

You might run out of daylight soon after 6:45. Do you have lights?

I was thinking of riding around 5pm tonight. I will bring my lights just in case you have lights and show up at 6:30. I need to pickup my son at 8pm in Holly so I need to be done by 7:30.
Krug

http://rbs-cyclingteam.com/

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. -Thomas A. Edison
KRUG

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions