CRAMBA: Holdridge

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Gruber's Group Ride

Postby jeffcolombo » April 6th, 2006, 8:06 am

I am going to ride Grubers this weekend was wondering if anyine else was going to be out there?

I would like to start a weekly Gruber's group ride. Was wondering if there were more interested in that and what day to make it on?
jeffcolombo

Postby Interactive » April 6th, 2006, 8:35 am

make it a thursday ride, I'd give it a go :D

oh ya I don't get out of work until 5 so 5:30 might work, if traffic is cool.
Interactive

Postby KRUG » April 6th, 2006, 8:52 am

Jeff,

I may be able to ride with you this weekend. I think it would be good for the two trail coordinators to ride together once in a while!

Thursday may be good day for a weekly group ride. I may not be there every week though. 5:00 or 5:30 time is good also.

Krug
KRUG

Postby Diesel » April 6th, 2006, 11:00 am

I havn't been on the trail since the trail day...has there been anymore of the dirtbike tracks on the trails??? When I drove back to the trailhead yesterday I noticed that next to the house on the corner by the Thorndog Exit there is a small dirtbike trials area set up. There was a kid riding on it as I drove by...I wonder if this could be the person who is riding the trails???
W.W.M.D.D.
What would Matt Damon do???

www.teamsandbag.com
Diesel

Postby Josh McCreedy » April 6th, 2006, 11:51 am

I like Thursdays, too-5ish.
Krug and I saw what looked like freshly-raked but not ridden trail on the State land over by Thorndog off of miles 8-9. AndyB mentioned that he saw fresh tracks on the West loop but that they entered by the gate at the top of the Wall. :?:
Josh McCreedy

Postby jeffcolombo » April 6th, 2006, 1:23 pm

I haven't been at the trail either since the trail day due to the fact I was in Texas. So I don't know if the bike has been back.

Krug and I are riding around 9am this Saturday, if anyone is interested. Weather permitting, I did hear on the news were supposed to get 1-3 Friday. :cry: So we just might hike the first 7 miles if it does snow.

Would Monday, Tuesday or Friday be better for the Grubers East loop ride? Wednesday is bad for me, but Thursday can be done it would be tight timing for me. 5:30pm sound like a good like a good time to me.
jeffcolombo

Postby drmoorejr » April 6th, 2006, 1:40 pm

jeffcolombo wrote:I haven't been at the trail either since the trail day due to the fact I was in Texas. So I don't know if the bike has been back.

Krug and I are riding around 9am this Saturday, if anyone is interested. Weather permitting, I did hear on the news were supposed to get 1-3 Friday. :cry: So we just might hike the first 7 miles if it does snow.

Would Monday, Tuesday or Friday be better for the Grubers East loop ride? Wednesday is bad for me, but Thursday can be done it would be tight timing for me. 5:30pm sound like a good like a good time to me.

I would like to try out Grubers Grinder... since I have only walked it before...
--

Live Free or Die.
drmoorejr

Re: Gruber's Group Ride

Postby Rider » April 6th, 2006, 1:53 pm

jeffcolombo wrote:I would like to start a weekly Gruber's group ride. Was wondering if there were more interested in that and what day to make it on?

Lots of interest here... Thursday sounds like a good day to have it.

Rider

Rider

Re: Gruber's Group Ride

Postby drmoorejr » April 6th, 2006, 1:56 pm

Rider wrote:
jeffcolombo wrote:I would like to start a weekly Gruber's group ride. Was wondering if there were more interested in that and what day to make it on?

Lots of interest here... Thursday sounds like a good day to have it.

Rider

But not starting today? I will definately be interested and will join on Thursday!!!! I love filling my week with group rides!!
I will be doing an Island Lake (road bike) ride today though...
--

Live Free or Die.
drmoorejr

Postby Daveniz » April 7th, 2006, 8:01 pm

I rode the North Loop and the West LL on Thursday. Nice trails you guys have here. I see what you mean about the muddy spots.

Keep up the good work on the trails!
Dave
Daveniz

Postby jeffcolombo » April 7th, 2006, 8:10 pm

Daveniz you need to ride the east loop!

I won't be able to be there until the afternoon. I need to attend a meetingat 10am. I am hopeing to be the around 1pm.
jeffcolombo

rocks

Postby murco » April 8th, 2006, 10:30 pm

nice job on the rocks on the east loop.
murco

Re: rocks

Postby KRUG » April 9th, 2006, 8:06 am

murco wrote:nice job on the rocks on the east loop.

I got ride them for the first time yesterday. Great addition to the East loop. We plan to add more yet but first we need to get permission from the DNR for some slight trail re-routes for some of them.

Krug
KRUG

Postby Interactive » April 10th, 2006, 8:32 am

So is the West Loop ready yet or is it too muddy?
Interactive

Postby Josh McCreedy » April 10th, 2006, 11:42 am

No info here on West Loop. Murco, hopefully there will be more of that rock action coming shortly. There are rock gardens that dwarf any of the current log structures just waiting to go (with approval). Those were some motivated farmers back then!
Josh McCreedy

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions