CRAMBA: Holdridge

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: Holdridge

Postby turbotoad » October 1st, 2013, 7:38 pm

SAuge wrote:I'll saw a hole through that downed tree Tuesday night...

Was through there about 4:30ish and still had to duck :P Good thing I'm short :D
turbotoad

Postby SAuge » October 1st, 2013, 8:55 pm

Done deal! Log removed.
SAuge

Postby turbotoad » October 2nd, 2013, 6:47 am

SAuge wrote:Done deal! Log removed.

Thanks !
turbotoad

Postby lawn dart » October 4th, 2013, 5:53 am

Holdridge East (Gruber's & Meadow loops) was great last night, slightly moist but not wet. Lots of tree dander (leaves and small sticks, etc.) were on the trail but nothing impassable.

According to riders in the parking area, the North loop was also issue-free, even after the rain.
lawn dart

Postby WitchDr » October 7th, 2013, 1:40 pm

Is Holdridge North + West/Lake/Tech open? Or did rain wash out hopes for ride around 5PM?
Bike: Two 29" donuts held together with Aluminum sticks
WitchDr

Postby utabintarbo » October 7th, 2013, 1:51 pm

WitchDr wrote:Is Holdridge North + West/Lake/Tech open? Or did rain wash out hopes for ride around 5PM?

<non-authoritativeOpinion> Given that the area received <.50" of rain in the past 24 hours, it is likely to be moist, but not generally muddy. I'd go for it! </non-authoritativeOpinion>
utabintarbo

Postby barry1me » October 7th, 2013, 4:09 pm

we drove down holdridge road but it looked pretty wet.....did anyone ride?
barry1me

Postby turbotoad » October 8th, 2013, 10:13 pm

Rode earlier this afternoon before the CRAMBA mtg tonight. West was surprisingly dry. Low hanger about 1-1.5 miles in (not positive about location). North was pretty sloppy. Bike and myself where fairly clean untill I hit the North Loop :evil: That spot that was raised through the swampy section was, well, swampy :roll: It was a good idea but the soil is just too prone to turn to mush. Maybe some road gravel or other type of aggrigate mixture can be used in a future "fix"?
turbotoad

Postby lawn dart » October 9th, 2013, 10:26 am

While other similar fixes seem to have settled-in better on the North loop, the Swamp area work never really firmed-up, even during the extended dry spell. :(

With proper approval, I hope to add some limestone to that area over the winter.
For the most part, the North loop drains pretty darn well (for how low it is). Hopefully we can get some finishing touches done in time for the spring thaw.
lawn dart

Postby SAuge » October 10th, 2013, 12:07 pm

Tree down on tech loop. It in on that hill just after the jump and is waist high - no way around it and plan on a cut tonight.

The low hanger on West seems to be a grounder now. :) Nice to hop over.
SAuge

Postby turbotoad » October 10th, 2013, 4:55 pm

Like SAuge said, The leaner at mile 1 is now on the ground across the trail. Small enough to be bunny hopped if skilled at it, otherwise it's laying at the bottom of a "valley" and can ruin the speed before heading up the hill beyond it. The one on the Tech Loops is right at the bottom of the first climb (sand pit/root) after the "drop". Full blockage.....There is another leaner on the last climb out of the Lake Loop again :? . Can be ridden under but pretty tight fit. Other than those spots the West and North were AWSOME!!! Get out there while the weather holds. :mrgreen:
turbotoad

Postby SAuge » October 10th, 2013, 7:21 pm

Tech loop log is sawed and cleared. To dark to go after the other ones.
SAuge

Postby lawn dart » October 12th, 2013, 4:40 pm

Gruber's, Meadows, West, Tech & North loops were all clear and in very good condition. A thick carpet of leaves on the trails made things interesting.

Lots of people out riding. We met a few "our first time here" riders, which is always cool. One said (after riding East), "Be sure to eat your Wheaties before hitting that trail!"
lawn dart

Postby ilikenature » October 12th, 2013, 6:41 pm

lawn dart wrote:Gruber's, Meadows, West, Tech & North loops were all clear and in very good condition. A thick carpet of leaves on the trails made things interesting.

Lots of people out riding. We met a few "our first time here" riders, which is always cool. One said (after riding East), "Be sure to eat your Wheaties before hitting that trail!"

Ended up going the wrong way on west due to leaves today. Not sure how, but it happened. Wasn't a proud moment, but I blame the leaves.

Also, lots of hunters this time of year.

Sent from my Razr HD using Tapatalk 2
ilikenature

Postby Critter7r » October 12th, 2013, 9:12 pm

Did you go IN the exit?

Riding tomorrow after a bit of a hiatus (got the big "V", and I don't mean Vatican), providing the weather holds. Rode a few miles a couple times this week, hoping to ride all of East, but may bail at Mile 7 if my "boys" aren't cooperating.
<> Chris <>
I live in Holly & ride my '02 FSR 26'er '09 Trek Fuel 26'er at Holdridge.
Critter7r

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments