CRAMBA: Holdridge

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: Holdridge

Postby Jim O » June 10th, 2013, 2:54 pm

There is a renegade trail as you approach the hill that continues on the lower section instead of turning up the hill. This was made by our hoofed neighbors. It is another access to their property. Our hoofed neighbors use this instead of the gate on top of the hill now days.
MLB
Mama's L'il Brat
Jim O

Postby andrew52690 » June 11th, 2013, 11:11 am

Yes Josh I was speaking of "the wall" however the trail I am speaking of is not the bypass it is a trails right to the left of the bunch it is covered in leaves, but you can tell that there was once a trails there. When I say left of the bench I mean actually sitting on the bench and turning and looking left.
andrew52690

Postby iamkickstand » June 11th, 2013, 11:38 am

andrew52690 wrote:Yes Josh I was speaking of "the wall" however the trail I am speaking of is not the bypass it is a trails right to the left of the bunch it is covered in leaves, but you can tell that there was once a trails there. When I say left of the bench I mean actually sitting on the bench and turning and looking left.

That might be one of the return trails that is either not used much, or has been re-routed.
iamkickstand

Postby iamkickstand » June 13th, 2013, 7:21 am

A little sloppy this morning after all of the rain last night. A few trees down on the west loop. 1 down after the 5 mile mark on east loop. North loop was too sloppy to ride.
iamkickstand

Postby andyf » June 14th, 2013, 1:00 pm

West was still sloppy at noon today. I went in for a short bit and then opted out. Rode East up to the thorny dog exit.
andyf

Postby Critter7r » June 15th, 2013, 2:30 pm

Nice work on Turtle Trail. I didn't realize it was that long. And it has a little bit of everything ... rocks, roots (as long as bandit-boy doesn't cut them out) and bridges. It seems great for getting little ones into the sport. Just long enough that they might want to do it twice. Then they can work up to the North Loop ... then West ...and before you know it, they'll be in college asking for money!
<> Chris <>
I live in Holly & ride my '02 FSR 26'er '09 Trek Fuel 26'er at Holdridge.
Critter7r

Postby mountainbiker1911 » June 16th, 2013, 7:41 pm

I was riding the East loop Saturday and I ran into a rider that had gotten lost between Grubers and the Meadows, some one has removed the sign after Grubers and the sign before the Orchard. This can make it tough for a new rider or someone new to Holdridge trials. What will it take to get signs replaced?
Thankz

Shawn

2012 Trek Superfly AL Elite 1300 miles and...
2013 Trek Domane 4.5 1200 miles and ...
Keep riding my friends
mountainbiker1911

Postby Critter7r » June 16th, 2013, 8:51 pm

Is that the sign at Mile 7? Or the one at Mile 12.5-ish? I always forget which is Meadow and which is Orchard. And where does Grubers end? I thought that the the trail from beginning to Mile 7 and then the return down Shields to the end was Grubers (skipping the other additional loop, whether it's Meadow or Orchard, I already told you I can't get them straight! :) ), and then there were two additional loops: Meadow and Orchard.
<> Chris <>
Critter7r

Postby andyf » June 16th, 2013, 9:14 pm

Rode East thru #7 and the return today.
>I know the sign at #7 is there which points onward into Meadows Loop (#7-9.5) or to Return via Old Shields road bed.
>Next sign should be the Exit to Hess Road (AKA Thorny Dog entrance/exit) or Continue onward toward #10. I didn't notice it was down.
>Next sign is to Orchard loop (#10-13.5) or Return toward #14. That sign is there.
Just need to find the pole (assume it's down cuz I didn't notice) and maybe Ron can have a new sign made up. Hopefully we can get it fixed on or before next tail day on the 29th.
andyf

Postby black2003ss » June 19th, 2013, 10:24 pm

Rode West tonight. There were a few soft spots with a path through the middle of most of them, but overall conditions were great. It was just soft enough I opted to avoid the Lake and North Loops, maybe they were OK, not sure.
black2003ss

Postby Jim O » June 20th, 2013, 11:15 am

andyf wrote:Rode East thru #7 and the return today.
>I know the sign at #7 is there which points onward into Meadows Loop (#7-9.5) or to Return via Old Shields road bed.
>Next sign should be the Exit to Hess Road (AKA Thorny Dog entrance/exit) or Continue onward toward #10. I didn't notice it was down.
>Next sign is to Orchard loop (#10-13.5) or Return toward #14. That sign is there.
Just need to find the pole (assume it's down cuz I didn't notice) and maybe Ron can have a new sign made up. Hopefully we can get it fixed on or before next tail day on the 29th.

Andy,
The sign at 7 directing to Meadows loop or return to Hess via old Shields is in place.
The sign/post coming off the Meadows loop to either return to Hess Road or continue on the East loop is in place, however, the sign is blank with no directions.
The sign from the East down to the Orchards loop is in place and the sign out of the Orchards back onto the East is in place.
Also, there is a 6" tree down on the East around the 13.5 mile mark and is suspended just off the ground. I am not a bunnie hopper. Anyway, I love the East now as it is nice and tight. A few face slappers could be removed but overall a lot of fun IMHO. Slippery in the usual places.

TRAIL DAY COMING UP ON THE 29th. Need Lots of HELP!
MLB
Mama's L'il Brat
Jim O

Postby Critter7r » June 20th, 2013, 2:19 pm

orchard was like riding thru an automatic car wash a couple of weeks ago. Surely it needs a trimming.
<> Chris <>
Critter7r

Postby turbotoad » June 20th, 2013, 6:01 pm

Critter7r wrote:orchard was like riding thru an automatic car wash a couple of weeks ago. Surely it needs a trimming.

And the North could use a good mowing in the open field areas. West has a few face slppers but not too bad.
Todd P.
2012 Titus X
2009 Fuji Reveal
2003 Mountain Cycle SLiX
TP
http://www.reverbnation.com/toddparkinson
turbotoad

Postby Critter7r » June 21st, 2013, 10:37 am

Am I correct in my belief that the trail day is next Saturday, the 29th?
<> Chris <>
Critter7r

Postby Jim O » June 21st, 2013, 12:57 pm

Critter7r wrote:Am I correct in my belief that the trail day is next Saturday, the 29th?

That is correct, as posted on the CRAMBA website.
MLB
Mama's L'il Brat
Jim O

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments