CRAMBA: Holdridge

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: Holdridge

Postby Mack » March 15th, 2013, 11:15 am

r21954 wrote:Cleared the first half of Grubers and the return yesterday. Will not clear the Orchard untill after the spring thaw and the trails have dried out. Didn't go out on the West or North as they are too soft but a runner said there were some small trees on the North which will be left till after the spring thaw. We need some Your name is mud signs.


Sent ya a PM.
Paul McAllister
Clinton River Park Trail Co-Trail Coordintator
User avatar
Mack
 
Posts: 1394
Joined: March 18th, 2004, 11:05 am
Location: 42° 34' 49" N ~ 83° 1' 49" W Weekends 44° 46' 57" N ~ 85° 1' 14" W

Re: CRAMBA: Holdridge

Postby i69whitey » March 16th, 2013, 6:42 am

Mack wrote:
r21954 wrote:Cleared the first half of Grubers and the return yesterday. Will not clear the Orchard untill after the spring thaw and the trails have dried out. Didn't go out on the West or North as they are too soft but a runner said there were some small trees on the North which will be left till after the spring thaw. We need some Your name is mud signs.


Sent ya a PM.

maybe post the newer signs, they convey the message a little better
contact C0nsumer or maybe misscrashalot
"...So whether you have got 29-, 26- or 20-inch wheels, whether you ride XC or DH, whether you've got boobs or balls, i hear you. Let's go ride." - Rachel Atherton
"Ride your bike, sleep when your dead." - dirt
http://thehubofdetroit.org/
User avatar
i69whitey
 
Posts: 3271
Joined: October 19th, 2007, 12:25 pm
Location: vil'laggio la 'rosa

Re: CRAMBA: Holdridge

Postby Jim O » March 18th, 2013, 7:17 pm

i69whitey wrote:
Mack wrote:
r21954 wrote:Cleared the first half of Grubers and the return yesterday. Will not clear the Orchard untill after the spring thaw and the trails have dried out. Didn't go out on the West or North as they are too soft but a runner said there were some small trees on the North which will be left till after the spring thaw. We need some Your name is mud signs.


Sent ya a PM.

maybe post the newer signs, they convey the message a little better
contact C0nsumer or maybe misscrashalot


We have already asked for the new signs and should have within the next few weeks. Certainly before the trails are actually rideable.
Jim O
 
Posts: 375
Joined: November 15th, 2005, 1:56 am
Location: Clarkston/Holly

Re: CRAMBA: Holdridge

Postby r21954 » March 18th, 2013, 10:56 pm

The signs will be here Tuesday the 19th. He was nice enough to mail them to me.
User avatar
r21954
 
Posts: 293
Joined: May 16th, 2007, 12:50 pm

Re: CRAMBA: Holdridge

Postby Mack » March 19th, 2013, 8:59 am

Steve aka (c0nsumer) is good people. I put the same signs up at CRPT. But there is a segment of our society
that has this self entitlement issue, they will read that sign and think f@#k'em and still ride the trail :evil: .
Paul McAllister
Clinton River Park Trail Co-Trail Coordintator
User avatar
Mack
 
Posts: 1394
Joined: March 18th, 2004, 11:05 am
Location: 42° 34' 49" N ~ 83° 1' 49" W Weekends 44° 46' 57" N ~ 85° 1' 14" W

Re: CRAMBA: Holdridge

Postby r21954 » March 19th, 2013, 10:01 am

I've introduced myself as the trail co. And asked them not to ride a certain loop because of the soft muddy trail tread and was told to my face to go f myself. U can't fix stupid, only exterminate it. Lol
User avatar
r21954
 
Posts: 293
Joined: May 16th, 2007, 12:50 pm

Re: CRAMBA: Holdridge

Postby Mack » March 19th, 2013, 11:03 am

r21954 wrote:I've introduced myself as the trail co. And asked them not to ride a certain loop because of the soft muddy trail tread and was told to my face to go f myself. U can't fix stupid, only exterminate it. Lol


Yup, I've been told the same thing right to my face, had to drop the shovel I was holding to stop myself from
doing something I would regret. There is no cure for stupid.
Paul McAllister
Clinton River Park Trail Co-Trail Coordintator
User avatar
Mack
 
Posts: 1394
Joined: March 18th, 2004, 11:05 am
Location: 42° 34' 49" N ~ 83° 1' 49" W Weekends 44° 46' 57" N ~ 85° 1' 14" W

Re: CRAMBA: Holdridge

Postby dirt » March 19th, 2013, 12:52 pm

Mack wrote:
r21954 wrote:I've introduced myself as the trail co. And asked them not to ride a certain loop because of the soft muddy trail tread and was told to my face to go f myself. U can't fix stupid, only exterminate it. Lol


Yup, I've been told the same thing right to my face, had to drop the shovel I was holding to stop myself from
doing something I would regret. There is no cure for stupid.


You had a shovel, you could have easily cleaned up any mess you made. :wink:
Nick Shue
Big Ring Coffee MTB
The content of my posts are not the opinions of CRAMBA/IMBA, and should not be construed as such

I...completely...agree........with Nick. -Di_bear
I have problems with flakiness.. -Di_Bear
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain.. and most fools do.
User avatar
dirt
Administrator
 
Posts: 7122
Joined: May 20th, 2003, 11:44 am
Location: Mount Clemens

Re: CRAMBA: Holdridge

Postby bikesatori » March 19th, 2013, 1:55 pm

people gonna be people. Almost has to be expected with the complete lack of connection (and therefore lack of understanding) people have with their surrounding environment these days...

I'm assuming these "people" who you two were referring to didn't appear to be enthusiast cyclists, but instead more like lokel yocal wannabe weekend warriors?
I likey da' bikey.
bikesatori
 
Posts: 1467
Joined: March 23rd, 2004, 8:11 pm
Location: Osaka / Marquette / Ortonville

Re: CRAMBA: Holdridge

Postby r21954 » March 19th, 2013, 2:34 pm

Riding a specialized epic, not really a local yokal. The inexperienced usually listen.. Been out at the trail head several days a week for seven years talking to people. The one thing I know that trail abusers have in common is they don't work on the trails or repair trail treads.
User avatar
r21954
 
Posts: 293
Joined: May 16th, 2007, 12:50 pm

Re: CRAMBA: Holdridge

Postby Mack » March 19th, 2013, 3:14 pm

bikesatori wrote:people gonna be people. Almost has to be expected with the complete lack of connection (and therefore lack of understanding) people have with their surrounding environment these days...

I'm assuming these "people" who you two were referring to didn't appear to be enthusiast cyclists, but instead more like lokel yocal wannabe weekend warriors?


The assshats that told me to go f myself were locals.....but I still have my fair share of cyclists who know better then to be out
there when it's muddy. They either have that look of "oh sh@t" what is he doing out here, or "whatever" im gonna get my ride on
no matter what. He!! I had a couple tell me thats what they pay their MMBA dues for, so we can fix the trails. This was a few
years back when I wasn't the calm, easy going, and reserved person I am today. He ended up getting muddier then he
expected after he shoved me with his bike, I shoved back. Never will forget the look of utter disbelief on their faces.
Paul McAllister
Clinton River Park Trail Co-Trail Coordintator
User avatar
Mack
 
Posts: 1394
Joined: March 18th, 2004, 11:05 am
Location: 42° 34' 49" N ~ 83° 1' 49" W Weekends 44° 46' 57" N ~ 85° 1' 14" W

Re: CRAMBA: Holdridge

Postby Jim O » March 19th, 2013, 10:07 pm

Ron,
Thanks for letting me know about the signs. BTW, DNR Shawn has given us the go ahead, if we chose, to post a reward for the reporting and ticketing of any trail damage. aka rock removal ect.
Jim O
 
Posts: 375
Joined: November 15th, 2005, 1:56 am
Location: Clarkston/Holly

Re: CRAMBA: Holdridge

Postby r21954 » March 19th, 2013, 10:32 pm

Steve sent four beautiful signs on vinyl that will be put up this week.
User avatar
r21954
 
Posts: 293
Joined: May 16th, 2007, 12:50 pm

Re: CRAMBA: Holdridge

Postby Sortaslow » March 20th, 2013, 8:44 pm

r21954 wrote:Steve sent four beautiful signs on vinyl that will be put up this week.

He sent me some too.
Image
User avatar
Sortaslow
 
Posts: 1599
Joined: April 22nd, 2009, 5:38 pm
Location: Clinton Township

Re: CRAMBA: Holdridge

Postby r21954 » March 23rd, 2013, 11:38 am

Signs are up.would of posted the pictures but I'm not tech smart enough to get them on here from my android phone. Did some major removal of the Autumn Olives for preventive maintenance on the North.
User avatar
r21954
 
Posts: 293
Joined: May 16th, 2007, 12:50 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests