CRAMBA: Holdridge

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

CRAMBA: Holdridge

Postby Todd Scott » March 22nd, 2004, 8:27 am

Post trail conditions and problem reports for the trails at Holdridge/Holly SRA
Todd Scott

Holdridge Maintenance

Postby Josh McCreedy » November 14th, 2005, 9:16 am

Since Saturday a tree blew down at mile 2 on West Loop-a bow saw would probably do it. North Loop is clean as of yesterday. I haven't been on Gruber's recently. Any reports on Gruber's would be helpful.
Josh McCreedy

Postby jeffcolombo » November 18th, 2005, 9:35 am

would it be a good idea to work on the trail during the gun season?
jeffcolombo

Postby jeffcolombo » November 18th, 2005, 9:38 am

plus when I was out the a couple of weekends ago there was more trees down than that on the north and west loops.

As for Grubers there was alot of trees down between the 11-13 mile markers.
jeffcolombo

Holdridge

Postby Josh McCreedy » November 23rd, 2005, 2:07 pm

Gypsy-I was out there two weekends ago and had the north and west completely clean. I ran the next day and saw a fresh blowdown at mile two of west loop. I'm still motivated for trail work-give me a shout or post if you want to get out on Grubers. The section you mentioned is top on my list.
Josh McCreedy

Re: Holdridge

Postby KRUG » November 23rd, 2005, 2:30 pm

Josh McCreedy wrote:Gypsy-I was out there two weekends ago and had the north and west completely clean. I ran the next day and saw a fresh blowdown at mile two of west loop. I'm still motivated for trail work-give me a shout or post if you want to get out on Grubers. The section you mentioned is top on my list.

After deer hunting is finished.
KRUG

Postby jeffcolombo » November 25th, 2005, 12:05 pm

That section of Grubers is at the top of mine also because it has been cloged up for so long. I would agree with Krug on waiting till after firearm deer season is over. Being a part time hunter I don't want to ruin anyones hunt, also its a safety issue. I went by there the other day and there is cars parked in the lot and outside the lot., more so on the weekends. I will get a hold of Shawn and let him know before we go out there.
jeffcolombo

Postby Josh McCreedy » November 28th, 2005, 9:14 am

I hear you guys about deer season. Let's talk then.
Josh McCreedy

Postby jeffcolombo » December 11th, 2005, 7:50 pm

Well with all the snow that has fallen in the last couple of days, I think we should just wait til April. :( But then it will be a 2 day affair to clean up! Unless we get alot of people and work on it for 8 hours!
jeffcolombo

Postby Diesel » January 29th, 2006, 5:03 am

Has anyone been out to Holdridge lately??? What are the conditions???
W.W.M.D.D.
What would Matt Damon do???

www.teamsandbag.com
Diesel

Postby jasond » January 29th, 2006, 10:28 am

like three eight hours days worth of trail clean up. say out of the mud, please. you will kill the trail!
jasond

Holdridge West loop

Postby Josh McCreedy » January 30th, 2006, 1:14 pm

I ran all of West loop on Friday afternoon. Surprisingly, there are only 3-4 logs down, but I didn't keep track of the mileage. The West Loop is rideable only if frozen; someone has already ridden out there, leaving minor ruts! Please don't ride it wet!!! I haven't been on the North or East yet.
Josh McCreedy

Postby DownRiverRat » February 13th, 2006, 8:42 am

Rode west loop sunday 2/13. We counted only a few downed trees around the 1.5,2 and 3 mile marks, overhanging brush in a few other spots. The 4-6 inches of snow has been packed down by hikers( :D THANK YOU HIKERS!!! :D ) and has made the trail very rideable. We still had to walk a few of the steep hills due to traction issues(I blamed the tires :wink: ) but everything else was in good shape. GET OUT AND RIDE!!!
I say let the haters hate and the riders...ride. RIDE ON!!!!
DownRiverRat

Gruber's "trimming"

Postby Josh McCreedy » February 16th, 2006, 1:24 pm

I read the Bent Rim Bugle report on Holdridge and was surprised by comments about Gruber's. Is its condition really that good? I'm not trying to ruffle feathers, but I ran sections last fall that were an utter disaster. If it is that clean, then great job everyone! I can't wait to get on it.
Josh McCreedy

bent rim

Postby jeffcolombo » February 16th, 2006, 6:39 pm

I haven't gotten or read the report yet so not sure. As far as I know there is a lot of work needed there. But there is a possibility that someone went out there and did something without people knowing. If os then less work for us to do in March as far as cleaning has to go.

I have posted the dates for our trail days and events for Holdridge on the calender.
jeffcolombo

Next

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments