CRAMBA: Pontiac Lake

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: Pontiac Lake

Postby oldkhs » May 3rd, 2014, 2:17 pm

Thanks to all who helped. Sorry I was un able to attend this one.
oldkhs

Postby CTB » May 4th, 2014, 4:24 pm

Rode the trail today. It's in excellent shape, and the trenches dug to promote draining on the very late climbs looks like a good idea. Big thanks to all of you who worked to get this trail into great shape!
CTB

Postby compacted_graphite » May 9th, 2014, 7:43 am

Trail Conditions for Thursday May 8, 2014: Nearby Pontiac airport received 0.50 inches of rain on the previous day. Trail is moist in several spots, with a couple of very small puddles, and the climb out of the gully is a little greasy. It is an excellent time to ride the trail as the plants in the woods still have not fully sprouted their leaves. Trail is unobstructed for its entire length.
compacted_graphite

Postby c0nsumer » May 18th, 2014, 3:50 pm

PLRA is in incredibly great shape today. Also, thank you to the person (whose name escapes me) who was out trimming the face slappers. Nice work, it was really obvious where you'd trimmed.
Steve Vigneau
Big Ring Coffee MTB Racing
CRAMBA-IMBA Board Member
River Bends Park Co-Trail Coordinator
MMBA Website / Forum Administrator

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, the MMBA nor CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby oldkhs » May 21st, 2014, 9:40 pm

Great shape tonight.
oldkhs

Postby xycarp » May 25th, 2014, 8:30 am

Trail was exceptional yesterday... Perfect! :)
xycarp

Postby Toy529 » May 26th, 2014, 12:13 pm

Trail was perfect this morning, it will need rain soon, starting t o dry out a little
Toy529

Postby oldkhs » May 28th, 2014, 7:43 pm

Toy529 wrote:Trail was perfect this morning, it will need rain soon, starting t o dry out a little

Was that inch good enough or do you need more? Haha.
Hoping trail is good tomorrow pm.
oldkhs

Postby compacted_graphite » May 29th, 2014, 6:22 pm

Trail conditions for Thursday, May 29, 2014: Trail is a little moist from nearly 3/4 of an inch of rain yesterday; however, there are no mud puddles. A tree that was down at the bottom of the gully was adjusted; the trail is now unobstructed. The brush is beginning to get out over the trail in a couple of spots. And the skeeters are now in full bloom.
compacted_graphite

Postby c0nsumer » June 5th, 2014, 8:39 am

Could someone do me a favor and get me GPS coordinates (latitude / longitude) for mile markers 9 and 10 at PLRA? Not intersection markers, but the mile markers which are typically carved wood signs.

When I was out there doing GPS surveying of the trail for the map that I'm working on I didn't see them. They should be somewhere along the southbound piece of trail after the old Maceday Roadbed but before Marker 2 which is where the actual single track MTB trail begins.

If you could stop at the marker, use an app like GPS Status or something to get a specific lat/long, that'd be perfect. Please reply either here or send it via email to steve@nuxx.net.

Thanks very much!
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Board Member

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, the MMBA nor CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby Potdaott » June 7th, 2014, 1:43 pm

If anyone finds a set of keys that I lost within the first mile of the trail please reply
Potdaott

Postby c0nsumer » June 7th, 2014, 10:58 pm

Potdaott wrote:If anyone finds a set of keys that I lost within the first mile of the trail please reply

I'd suggest posting this over in the Lost and Found section as well.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Board Member

c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby Sortaslow » June 7th, 2014, 11:01 pm

Potdaott wrote:If anyone finds a set of keys that I lost within the first mile of the trail please reply

Make sure you stop at the guard shack too. I lost my license and insurance card the last year and someone turned it in.
Sortaslow

Postby xycarp » June 8th, 2014, 8:57 am

Rode today at 7. Trail was great before rain...

A first for me. I hit a deer today. A baby about 2 foot tall. It was running straight at me on the trail. At first I thought rabbit, then dog, then realized it was a deer. It bounced off my front shock and crumpled to the ground. It was breathing but not moving - I hope just stunned. I reported it to the ranger. It happened just north of mile marker 11.

I feel like *beep* about it. Poor thing.
xycarp

Postby MtnBikerMi » June 13th, 2014, 7:08 pm

Trail had a few greasy spots, brush is crowding the trail in a few spots, but otherwise a nice ride out there today.
MtnBikerMi

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments