MCMBA: Highland

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: MCMBA: Highland

Postby arfenarf » September 26th, 2015, 1:23 pm

I have a crush on Highland. There's no doubt that I need to learn and practice more skills to ride it fluently, but it just keeps giving interesting riding. I also want to note that the trail feels less 'maintained' than 'curated.' The team who look after the trail have tweaked and nudged it in a way that while it's gnarly, there's often a rock in Just The Place it Needed to Be.

That said, you guys went and put too @(#)!# many rocks on a climb on the inbound section of B... that rock garden will be an Opportunity to Improve for some time.

Re: MCMBA: Highland

Postby desk_jockey » Yesterday, 7:16 am

I just LOVE this trail. My drive home from work got changed this year so I find myself taking m-59 now. I had been riding Pontiac Lake 2x a week and almost forgot about Highland! Pontiac Lake is fun, but its so washed out and rough. As soon as I start into loop A of Highland, I am reminded why I love this trail. It's just flowy enough to be fun, technical enough to keep you on your toes, and challenging enough to make it worth wile. When I first started biking 8 years ago, I would ride Highland and have to hike-a-bike up some of the hills. Now I can do all 4 laps and never set a foot down and want to ride it again. I will say it again, I LOVE this trail. Get out and ride it.
- Shannon

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments