MCMBA: Highland

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Metro South: Highland

Postby Mango » January 22nd, 2010, 11:07 am

Any recent trail updates want to ride Saturday morning?
Mango

Postby Mango » January 29th, 2010, 6:15 pm

Rode A loop on the 26th and the trail was rough. Lots of frozen tracks made for a very rough ride but was ridable.
Mango

Postby blase » March 18th, 2010, 7:47 am

Anyone ridden Highland recently? How does it look?
You must be fast cause you were hauling ass when I passed you.
blase

Postby converse66 » March 18th, 2010, 11:02 am

Rode the A loop on Tuesday evening and it was in great shape, it's probably even better now.
converse66

Postby alexyoung » March 18th, 2010, 11:27 am

Trail was in good shape, there are leaves everywhere which is surprisingly reminiscent on a world without friction. I felt on edge the whole time, but it was a fun ride none the less. I rode all of the loops and there was no mud. My bike came out cleaner than it went in.
-A
alexyoung

Postby Builder-Bill » March 22nd, 2010, 4:26 pm

Highland Trail Daysby froggyrider ? 21 Mar 2010 13:41

Hi, Folks,

We'll be having some trail dyas on Saturday and Sunday, 3/27-28 at 9 am. Meet at the Highland trail head. We'll be placing mile markers to their locations and putting in the posts, so it will be a lot of walking, lifting, digging with an auger at times). There will be a marker every 1/2 mile over teh 16 miles. There will be general spring clean up as well. I'll post more details as I get them. Thanks.Metro South Chapter President 2010
"I love rumors. Facts can be so misleading where rumors, true or false, are often revealing." Hans Landa
"Face to face interfacing is obsolete." Dale from _King of the Hill_
froggyrider

I will be there for one of the Days.
See Ya Bill and Sam the Trail Dog
Milford Trail ( Your Little Sister Trail ) and Proud Lake TC
Builder-Bill

Postby G.Cook » March 22nd, 2010, 5:00 pm

Bill wrote ;
I will be there for one of the Days.

Sun. ? I'm gonna try and make that one .
G.Cook

Postby mwilson7 » March 22nd, 2010, 6:04 pm

I should be there Saturday.
Mark
mwilson7

Postby Dboes » March 29th, 2010, 10:51 pm

Hit A & B Loops Saturday evening and the trail is in great shape. There was a real big tree down about 6 miles in on B Loop that will need chainsaws. MMBA trailer was on-site and they had most of the mile markers in and it looked awesome.
Dboes

Postby froggyrider » March 30th, 2010, 5:43 am

That tree was cut Sunday when the trail crew was out there again, I believe.
froggyrider

Location: I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy. Dorothy Parker

Postby bike lover » March 30th, 2010, 3:26 pm

Hey, I was wondering if the trail was only accessible from the traditional trail head or if perhaps there was another entance or it gets close enough to Beaumont road on the "D" loop. I just started working downtown Milford and would like to ride there but don't want to spend time riding to the trail head if I don't have to, since daylight is short 'n all.
bike lover

Postby risnewski » March 30th, 2010, 6:10 pm

bike lover wrote:Hey, I was wondering if the trail was only accessible from the traditional trail head or if perhaps there was another entance or it gets close enough to Beaumont road on the "D" loop. I just started working downtown Milford and would like to ride there but don't want to spend time riding to the trail head if I don't have to, since daylight is short 'n all.

You can get into it off Beaumont Road with an easy ride from Milford. This could be a little tricky, but here's my Garmin from last year's Milford Trail Challenge. If you zoom in on the map, you will see where we entered the trail. As I recall, there is no sign there--you have to look for the single track on your right as you head north from Cooley Lake Rd. I'm pretty sure this gets you to the C Loop. http://connect.garmin.com/activity/6586033
risnewski

Postby Bruck » March 31st, 2010, 7:01 am

bike lover wrote:Hey, I was wondering if the trail was only accessible from the traditional trail head or if perhaps there was another entance or it gets close enough to Beaumont road on the "D" loop. I just started working downtown Milford and would like to ride there but don't want to spend time riding to the trail head if I don't have to, since daylight is short 'n all.

There is an entrance off of Beaumont road.

no signs, but on the other side of Beaumont road (west side), there is a little cut out in the woods and some kind of DNR sign about parking passes.

If you look at the trail map, I think it shows this trail, but it is marked as a hiking trail maybe?

You ride in a few hundred feet and there are some trail map signs at the intersection of B and C.
Bruck

Postby dcat1 » March 31st, 2010, 7:57 am

yep, only about .5 mile north on Beaumont after Cooley, and its easy to miss-once on the hiking trail its about .25 mile to the intersection-I'm doing that today around noon and ride through Milford to get there-pm if you are interested in joining.
Dan
dcat1

Postby bike lover » March 31st, 2010, 11:06 am

Thanks to everyone who replied. I'll have to check it out soon.

Thanks for the offer to ride, but not able to today. I'm looking forward to the experience in the near future though. It will probably be after work one day soon.

actually, how long does the trail take? Starting to wonder if a lunch ride would work.
bike lover

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions