Poto: Potawatomi

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Poto: Potawatomi

Postby djansen00 » December 23rd, 2014, 1:05 pm

Rescheduled Trail Day for Re-route

Please come out and help us for a Poto trail day: Saturday, 12/27 at 9:30. This is to complete a re-route of the Gosling loop that really needs it. At the end of the maintenance we should be ready to blow out both ends of the new section to open it up to traffic, then block off the old section from traffic .

Come with long sleeves and whatever tools you have (shovel, metal rake, pulaski, macleod, etc.). Park off Patterson Lk. Rd. at the trail crossing with the sandy lot: https://goo.gl/maps/OVmKC

We need 7-10 people to get this work completed. Please try to join us if you can. Email info@potomba.org or reply back here if you can make it.

Thanks!
Dave
Wheels in Motion Racing - http://wimracing.org
Dirty Dropouts Email Ride List - https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/dirtydropouts
djansen00

Postby hackerj » December 30th, 2014, 6:59 am

Re route is nice. Small tree down on Gosling loop just past the 2nd Doyle crossing, after the two wood bridges.
hackerj

Postby TRH123 » January 1st, 2015, 6:59 pm

Poto was frozen, fast, and fun this afternoon. The re-route is understandably a little bumpy, but should be very nice come spring. No obstructions anywhere.
TRH123

Postby MLKuhl » January 2nd, 2015, 1:36 pm

TRH123 wrote:Poto was frozen, fast, and fun this afternoon. The re-route is understandably a little bumpy, but should be very nice come spring. No obstructions anywhere.

+1
Great this morning too, even on our old fashioned "skinny tire'" mountain bikes. Crazy fast and frozen, reroute will be great this spring/summer once smoothed out.
Matt
MLKuhl

Postby TRH123 » January 2nd, 2015, 4:33 pm

Trail still free and clear, although I was temporarily blinded from the reflection of the sun on a 'CD hanging in a tree?' I know I've heard about these in the past, but I can't remember the significance?
TRH123

Postby c0nsumer » January 2nd, 2015, 7:24 pm

TRH123 wrote:Trail still free and clear, although I was temporarily blinded from the reflection of the sun on a 'CD hanging in a tree?' I know I've heard about these in the past, but I can't remember the significance?

Reflective object for orienteering?
Steve Vigneau
Big Ring Coffee MTB Racing
CRAMBA-IMBA Board Member
River Bends Park Co-Trail Coordinator
MMBA Website / Forum Administrator

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, the MMBA nor CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby Critter7r » January 3rd, 2015, 3:12 pm

TRH123 wrote:Trail still free and clear, although I was temporarily blinded from the reflection of the sun on a 'CD hanging in a tree?' I know I've heard about these in the past, but I can't remember the significance?

Modern version of the Blair Witch Project.
<> Chris <>
I live in Holly & ride my '02 FSR 26'er '09 Trek Fuel 26'er at Holdridge.
Critter7r

Postby glr » January 14th, 2015, 10:19 am

Anyone know if they started grooming efforts yet?
Grass Lake S+T Park - TC
<><
Yeah, the fatbike is mine...
glr

Postby tadraper » January 22nd, 2015, 8:55 am

Did a full loop of the Poto last night on the fat bike and the trail is in perfect riding condition no grooming required..

looked like someone did a shorter version from the one set of tracks we saw but other than that mostly SKI tracks.

should be another good day today for riding out there!!!!
2015 Farley 6
2014 FATBACK
2013 Ridley X-ride
tadraper

Postby barrybs » January 22nd, 2015, 10:51 pm

Rode out around dead lake and back tonight, great riding. The latest round of snow adhered quite well to the ice that was left after the weekend thaw. Phenomenal traction !
The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail. Travel too fast and you miss all you are traveling for.
Louis L'Amour
barrybs

Postby 300hp » January 23rd, 2015, 10:51 am

put in a couple hours on the poto yesterday. Riding was phenomenal. I don't know what will happen with the ice under the fresh snow, but as of right now, it's great.
300hp

Postby G.Cook » January 23rd, 2015, 12:42 pm

Only seemed to be bad at the bottom of the climbs . Otherwise great ride yesterday .
G.Cook

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments