Poto: Potawatomi

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Poto: Potawatomi

Postby vas » April 24th, 2015, 8:26 pm

So is the trail closed for the marathon? Is there a schedule somewhere? Thanks!
vas

Postby John Beeson » April 24th, 2015, 8:29 pm

John Beeson

Postby jnwbiker » May 27th, 2015, 1:32 pm

Trance wrote:I plan to camp at Bruin Lake campground and ride Poto in a couple of weeks. What is the best way to get from the campground to the trail? It looks like we can get to the main road and pick up Poto off of Crescent Dr. (South side of campground to Bruin Lakeshore to Hadley to Bartel to Goodband to Crescent Dr), but is there a better way?? Also, is there any sort of parking near the Crescent Dr./Poto intersection?

There's no parking on Crescent Dr and it's a small dirt road leading to some houses on Blind Lake. Best bet would be to park at the Boy Scout Camp (Camp Munhacke) and ride the 1/4mi to the trail crossing. The camp has a big grass parking lot next to Bartell Rd and I'm sure they wouldn't even notice you. If you're worried about it, just stop by the camp office and ask permission to park.

-jw
"Never argue with an idiot in public. Bystanders may not know who is who." - Unknown
jnwbiker

Postby potorunner » September 1st, 2015, 5:32 pm

We were planning a long run Sunday morning and encountered the first responders while stashing our hydration between 10 and 10:30-- saw about 5 or 6 emergency vehicles at Doyle Rd crossing, but the responders seemed confused about which way to go (some heading north and some heading south on the trail at that point). As we were passing Patterson Lk Rd crossing just west of Glenbrook on way back to Silver Lk, were waved down by mt bike rider coming off trail from the north who said he was the one who found the guy and was on his cell trying to direct EMS to location (he didn't realize where he was -- we told him, he relayed it to dispatch, and Putnam Twp fire crew arrived soon after). The one who waved us down said the guy seemed to be riding alone, and was blue and unresponsive when he found him. He was shaken. On our run, I took the shortcut, but my wife did the full loop, and said she didn't see anything amiss when she passed through that area of the trail. Very sad, didn't know he had passed away.
potorunner

Postby Hastedc » February 20th, 2016, 10:00 pm

Anyone ride lately with the warm up? Too soft?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hastedc

Postby John Beeson » February 21st, 2016, 2:09 pm

I"m heading there at 4pm today.. Will let you know!
John Beeson

Postby jlrotax583 » February 22nd, 2016, 7:30 am

John,
how did your fair on POTO?
Thanks!!
Jon
Assistant to the Traveling Secretary and Semi-Official TC Gopher-MMCC/Stubway
jlrotax583

Postby gjt1980 » February 22nd, 2016, 7:48 am

I will be riding the silver lake trail in a couple hours

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
gjt1980

Postby John Beeson » February 22nd, 2016, 9:43 am

Hey Everyone!

Poto is 80% dry! The regular spots are muddy, but not super wet muddy, ya know? There are some surprising spots that are wet, but all in all, totally rideable and in great shape. There is/was a lot of foot traffic (and 4-5 fat/mtb bike) tracks from Saturday there were let in repose, so to speak. But when we rode, we are able to smooth them down a little. The majority of the "mud" with thick and not soupy at all. In fact, I was clean when I got back home.

Today's chill will be good for riding!
John Beeson

Postby gjt1980 » February 22nd, 2016, 10:44 am

ImageImage

gjt1980

Postby John Beeson » February 22nd, 2016, 11:41 am

my least favorite hill, for some reason. Can never maintain speed going up it! And yes, it was mushy heading to the top. Have a good ride
John Beeson

Postby gjt1980 » February 22nd, 2016, 11:47 am

It has almost been 2 yrs since my bike was out of the garage. I had a great ride the burn felt great, made it up every hill

gjt1980

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions