Poto: Potawatomi

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Poto: Potawatomi

Postby Critter7r » Yesterday, 12:37 pm

Rainmann wrote:
Critter7r wrote:Whomever designed the long climb up the side of the sand dune just past the campground needs a kick in the nuts. The gravel hill climb near the end, too.

Seriously???

yes, seriously.

The gravel climb, while longer, is not quite as ridiculous as the sand dune. I can usually get up the dune once or twice in the spring, but then the trail dries out and it's unclimb-able. (for me, at least. Maybe there's a sand-climbing technique I could learn?)
<> Chris <>
I live in Holly & ride my '02 FSR 26'er '09 Trek Fuel 26'er at Holdridge.
Critter7r

Postby Paul Brown » Yesterday, 12:46 pm

This is not the thread to debate if some of the "climbs" are too difficult for certain riders or get into a *beep* measuring contest about who can climb what at what time of year. This is a trail condition thread that a lot of people subscribe to and get notified every time there is a post/reply. Conditions are a bit harder this time of year, whatever, the pavement argument will come your way if this doesn't die soon..
Paul Brown

Postby Critter7r » Yesterday, 12:57 pm

The dune climb after the campground is pretty sandy, and the gravel at the beginning of the long climb near the end is kinda loose. There are a few other areas of expanding sand along the trail, but nothing too terrible.
<> Chris <>
I live in Holly & ride my '02 FSR 26'er '09 Trek Fuel 26'er at Holdridge.
Critter7r

Postby DynoDon » Yesterday, 2:35 pm

Big old tree down at the bottom of the Sand Pit, so around the 9 mile mark, its in a bad spot use caution, if you're trying to build momentum for the climb, no go around has formed. The rest of the trail was in good condition for this time of year, SAND is what happens when it rains, those sand climbs are part of the original Boy Scout hiking trail from many years ago.
DynoDon

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments