Poto: Potawatomi

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Poto: Potawatomi

Postby risnewski » November 21st, 2014, 8:17 pm

Large double tree over the trail just past the rerouted root climb after Hankerd, before the Serious Climb. Definitely a chainsaw job.

http://instagram.com/p/vrX4Hktk4B/
risnewski

Postby tadraper » November 21st, 2014, 8:33 pm

i was late today and went short so missed that!! Trail was nice today to bad it is raining tomorrow.
2015 Farley 6
2014 FATBACK
2013 Ridley X-ride
tadraper

Postby G.Cook » November 21st, 2014, 10:48 pm

Large double tree over the trail just past the rerouted root climb after Hankerd, before the Serious Climb. Definitely a chainsaw job.

http://instagram.com/p/vrX4Hktk4B/

Thanks for the heads up. Always great to get a pic of the dead fall . Considering the conditions for the next few days and it's location, I don't see a big rush to get it out of the way . Later rather then sooner .
G.Cook

Postby barrybs » November 22nd, 2014, 11:49 am

Hey Greg.....We came upon these last night too. They are a bit before the drop down to Dead Lake. As you can see they are quite large. (to big for our little saws) I would suggest letting the DNR get these. They are from a clump of 4 large trees, one of which fell earlier in the summer. The fourth one fell away from the trail. It must have been an impressive crash when they all hit the ground !
Barry
The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail. Travel too fast and you miss all you are traveling for.
Louis L'Amour
barrybs

Postby G.Cook » November 22nd, 2014, 12:59 pm

Oh , that stand of dead wood . I told the DNR about the one that was cut and I guess I should have asked them to get the rest of them . I knew they would be coming down but not this soon . I thought maybe they would have seen that when they cleared the other one .
I will send Chuck D. and e-mail hopefully with the photo attached .
Thanks Barry .
G.Cook

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments