Poto: Potawatomi

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Poto: Potawatomi

Postby rushonbike » April 17th, 2016, 8:22 pm

b_b wrote:You are not his mommy. If he wants to bash his own head in then have at it.

Yeah... I know but, I didn't want him to get hurt and then all of a sudden the trail gers shut down, or some other crazy result, just because one, or a few yahoos are negligent.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
rushonbike

Postby tjdog800 » April 17th, 2016, 10:26 pm

Darwin's Natural Selection in action!
tjdog800

Postby barrybs » April 21st, 2016, 7:58 am

Please be aware that the Running Fit Trail Marathon is taking place on the Poto this weekend both Saturday and Sunday. Plan your ride accordingly.

http://www.trailmarathon.com/raceinfo2/ ... scriptions
The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail. Travel too fast and you miss all you are traveling for.
Louis L'Amour
barrybs

Postby DynoDon » April 22nd, 2016, 1:19 pm

Rode this morning, slick in a few spots, no real muddy places, no trees down, flags are up for the runners, looks like someone was on the north side of the Doyle road with a motorcycle, some ruts just before the second road crossing, and a berm was blown out about a half mile behind that, nothing too bad, but it would be nice to catch the culprit before it gets out of hand.
DynoDon

Postby vas » April 30th, 2016, 2:03 pm

Trail is in great shape!
vas

Postby tadraper » April 30th, 2016, 4:07 pm

I noticed some roots removed that were there yesterday!! the climb past hankered that has the large roots. i wish people would just leave the roots ALONE!!
2016 Farley 9.8 FAT BIKE
2013 Origin8 Paladin with my son
2010 Gary Fisher Triton SS
tadraper

Postby bikemerc » May 2nd, 2016, 12:41 pm

Saw that missing root on the third big hill with the uphill s-turns.

We should replace it with dowel rods.
bikemerc

Postby tadraper » May 8th, 2016, 10:43 am

Tree down just past shortcut in between the two bridges,
2016 Farley 9.8 FAT BIKE
2013 Origin8 Paladin with my son
2010 Gary Fisher Triton SS
tadraper

Postby Jared13 » May 13th, 2016, 7:43 pm

Any guesses on trail conditions tomorrow?
Jared13

Postby ilikenature » May 15th, 2016, 9:26 am

Can anybody comment on the rainfall and/or trail conditions?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
ilikenature

Postby John Beeson » May 15th, 2016, 1:20 pm

It has been draining really well. Sunshine takes away the mushy, slick spots. I rode the day after big rain falls in the past and that's what I found. There were the typical mushy spots, particularly in the upper/Goslin Loop. But, by in large, I would bet that it would good late today and before the next rain. Yesterday's precipitation wouldn't have had much of an impact, in my opinion.
John Beeson

Postby DynoDon » May 20th, 2016, 3:03 pm

Rode the trail today, trail was in mostly great shape, no trees down, very few low branches, trails are trimmed up good, no mud, now it needs rain, the sand washes are getting mean.

More roots missing, on the top of the downhill before the bench at the junction of Crooked Lk trail, and Poto Trail, a couple miles before the trailhead. PEOPLE roots, and rocks hold the trail together, leave your saws at home, learn to ride, or ride paved trails, roots are features, they belong there, maybe you don't if you can't ride on them. This is a mountain bike trail the roots, and rocks are a challenge, they test your skill level, each time I look forward to the challenge, that was a fun one, you ruined it for a bunch of people just so you can please yourself a few times a year. I hope you know where to put that saw.
DynoDon

Postby Bento » May 23rd, 2016, 10:50 am

bikemerc wrote:Saw that missing root on the third big hill with the uphill s-turns.

We should replace it with dowel rods.

[rant]
More than sure this has been brought up a thousand times in post ride Silver Lake parking lot discussions, but here it goes...

What is the TC's/Land Mgr's opinion on adding back "roots"? For example steel pipe with a wood/plastic jacket. Bury the pipe by pounding it in a "few" feet on each side of the trail. Couple the two pipes together. Add the wood/plastic jacket. Add a little dirt. Lastly, place a webcam in the area. These lumberjackasses need to stay home.
[/rant]

Ok, blood pressure almost back down to unhealthy levels.
Bento

Postby c0nsumer » May 23rd, 2016, 2:21 pm

That won't last, then it'll become metal sticking out of the ground.
Steve Vigneau
Bald Mountain Trail Coordinator / Addison Oaks Co-Trail Coordinator

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby DynoDon » May 23rd, 2016, 4:40 pm

I've vented before, and I'll probably vent again, if it helps good, if not, I feel better. until I pass that spot again, the one on the S curve makes me mad, but I don't go that way up, I go far right over the two sets of roots, I guess its my way of dealing with it, here goes a 70 yr old man up the inside over the roots, and you saw wimps have to cut them out or walk up.. learn to ride. I'm sure no expert, or even fast, I just don't want to go that way anymore, no challenge. This last root before the bench was just fun, it wasn't even difficult, now its gone, I hope the tree has another one right under that one.
Where is Rambo when we need him, he could booby trap all the roots/rocks. LOL
DynoDon

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments