Poto: Potawatomi

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Poto: Potawatomi

Postby djansen00 » June 14th, 2011, 7:24 am

Paul Brown wrote:fixed that for ya :wink:

I think I'd need some lessons on how to ride over something like that. Do you hop it or wheelie up and then ride over it?
djansen00

Postby mmba7614 » June 14th, 2011, 10:16 am

djansen00 wrote:
Paul Brown wrote:fixed that for ya :wink:

I think I'd need some lessons on how to ride over something like that. Do you hop it or wheelie up and then ride over it?

Neither:
mmba7614

Postby mikesathome2 » June 19th, 2011, 11:11 am

Friday 6.18.2011 trail was riden good , skipped the muddy section. Sandy spots were a little damp witch made them grimp a littl better. A little video from the day
http://vimeo.com/25282552

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
mikesathome2

Postby Dave L » June 19th, 2011, 2:14 pm

I tried riding over that tree. Its a bit tall and I got jammed up on the chainring. I had to disengage one pedal and step over the log.

The trail is in good shape. A few face slappers but all in all nice.
Dave L

Postby chong » June 20th, 2011, 7:29 am

Rode gosling again on Saturday and the mud situation has gotten much better with the exception of one spot where I did the ol hike-a-bike right before that really long bridge. The rest of the trail is really rocking right now, good times!
chong

Postby jajones » June 22nd, 2011, 8:37 pm

Dave L wrote:I tried riding over that tree. Its a bit tall and I got jammed up on the chainring. I had to disengage one pedal and step over the log.

The trail is in good shape. A few face slappers but all in all nice.

The tree is gone.
Poto IMBA Potawatomi Trail Coordinator
Jason Aric Jones, Chair
Waterloo Executive Committee, operating under the Potawatomi Chapter of the International Mountain Biking Association (IMBA)

Fat Bikes are Dumb, Ride a 650b 27.5"!
jajones

Postby Paul Brown » June 23rd, 2011, 6:13 am

jajones wrote:The tree is gone.

:cry:
Paul Brown

Postby jajones » June 23rd, 2011, 6:59 am

The DNR had to cut it, Paul. It is in the way of the grading and sealcoat crew that is going to be paving the trail next week. 8)
Poto IMBA Potawatomi Trail Coordinator
Jason Aric Jones, Chair
Waterloo Executive Committee, operating under the Potawatomi Chapter of the International Mountain Biking Association (IMBA)

Fat Bikes are Dumb, Ride a 650b 27.5"!
jajones

Postby cmkovick » June 23rd, 2011, 11:52 am

jajones wrote:The DNR had to cut it, Paul. It is in the way of the grading and sealcoat crew that is going to be paving the trail next week. 8)

Some of those steep hills will turn into some nice fast rolling sections once paved...but, I heard the new speed limit will be 10mph so we will not spook the horses by coming up on them too fast.
Chuck Kovick
DTE Energy Foundation Trail Committee
Get on the list to help @ volunteer@waterlootrail.org
https://www.facebook.com/dtetrail/

"Build It, Before You Ride It"
cmkovick

Postby poirier » June 25th, 2011, 4:59 pm

A section of boardwalk has started to collapse on Gosling. It's just before the last road crossing.

Other than that, trail conditions are great.
World's Best Dad Bod

This forum is to be used for entertainment purposes only
poirier

Postby Dave L » June 25th, 2011, 6:15 pm

cmkovick wrote:
jajones wrote:The DNR had to cut it, Paul. It is in the way of the grading and sealcoat crew that is going to be paving the trail next week. 8)

Some of those steep hills will turn into some nice fast rolling sections once paved...but, I heard the new speed limit will be 10mph so we will not spook the horses by coming up on them too fast.

OMG! Dude that's not even funny. Horses on the Poto? That would mean WWIII.
Dave L

Poto: Potawatomi

Postby Bento » June 30th, 2011, 10:08 pm

The boardwalk before the Gosling Lake access road is fixed with a few new boards here and there. Thanks to DNR or volunteers.

Deer flies are making a comeback. If you ride slow or are on foot they will make you look crazy. The trail was so buff I was thinking there must of been a big running race there recently.

One tree/log across the trail at the top of the Dead Lake climb and one at the beginning of the Poto short cut. Both of those are real easy to ride over. There is a scalper just after the root bridge. I noticed the trail seemed a lot more open and easier to see around the turns. Thanks to those that did the trimming!

Lastly, came up on two dogs looking guilty and without an owner. The little white dog ran/tumbled in front of me for a 1/3 of a mile until he escaped onto the Hiland Lk Access Rd at the short-cut rejoin. The larger black dog just let me pass. It almost seemed like they were dropped off :-/
Bento

Postby G.Cook » July 1st, 2011, 12:54 pm

Got the widow maker this am . The other 2 , since Bento reported as ride able , will be left till next week unless somebody else wants to do some surgery before hand . Thanks for the accurate trail report B .
Thanks to Bill Kaltz for putting in some trail time with me today . A fortuitous meet up on the trail indeed . Gosling loop is brushed . Short cut work is next week . That is " when she who must be obeyed " gives me permission . :wink:
G.Cook

Postby Dave L » July 2nd, 2011, 3:51 pm

The Poto is in excellent condition as of July 2. No mud anywhere... Even at the Gosling Tar Pits. Tried for a double today. I don't know what I was thinking. Bonked hard on the second. Too hot!
Dave L

Postby risnewski » July 2nd, 2011, 8:09 pm

Saw some trail bandits on Poto today, just after the big climb following the first hill of *beep*. Not your usual maruaders.

risnewski

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions