Poto: Potawatomi

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Poto: Potawatomi

Postby cmkovick » October 7th, 2010, 12:03 pm

yes, please post when the re-routes are taking place. I would like to help out.
Chuck Kovick
DTE Energy Foundation Trail Committee
Get on the list to help @ volunteer@waterlootrail.org
https://www.facebook.com/dtetrail/

"Build It, Before You Ride It"
cmkovick

Postby jajones » October 8th, 2010, 7:12 am

someoldguy wrote:Thanks for turning the "second hill of *beep*" into a long version of ilra and closing off the original route. I understand the concept of "sustainable" trails but does this mean that everything needs to have all the fun/skill taken out?

You can't win if you don't play.
Poto IMBA Potawatomi Trail Coordinator
Jason Aric Jones, Chair
Waterloo Executive Committee, operating under the Potawatomi Chapter of the International Mountain Biking Association (IMBA)

Fat Bikes are Dumb, Ride a 650b 27.5"!
jajones

Postby Bento » October 8th, 2010, 4:12 pm

Holy carp Batman, Poto was awesome today. Never thought I could pull off 66.6 gear inches thru H?LL. Oops, sign of the Devil :-)

Perhaps I missed it before but trimming/maintenance after the shortcut reentry is much appreciated.

Seems like some kind of fern plant, thinks it is spring, after the Lumberjack Camp.
Bento

Postby utabintarbo » October 10th, 2010, 4:12 pm

jajones wrote:
someoldguy wrote:Thanks for turning the "second hill of *beep*" into a long version of ilra and closing off the original route. I understand the concept of "sustainable" trails but does this mean that everything needs to have all the fun/skill taken out?

You can't win if you don't play.

I found it plenty challenging. Pretty fun, too.

Just slightly dusty out there. A little rain would be helpful.
Addison Oaks TC

Current quiver

Impulse control fails me. ;)
utabintarbo

Postby Dirtdevil » October 11th, 2010, 7:18 am

I liked the Hill of *beep* re-route. I was able to climb it on my 29er SS :mrgreen: The rest of the trail was in very good shape although I agree that the last mile of Crooked Lk. is very gnarly and needs some help. Nice work to all!

:twisted:
Dirtdevil

Postby Paul Brown » October 11th, 2010, 7:26 am

Dirtdevil wrote:I liked the Hill of *beep* re-route. I was able to climb it on my 29er SS :mrgreen: The rest of the trail was in very good shape although I agree that the last mile of Crooked Lk. is very gnarly and needs some help. Nice work to all!

yea, its a good re-route if it allows you/somebody to clean a section that was formerly unrideable for you. :roll: That seems to be the prevailing logic.
Paul Brown

Postby Geff » October 11th, 2010, 8:43 am

Paul Brown wrote:
Dirtdevil wrote:I liked the Hill of *beep* re-route. I was able to climb it on my 29er SS :mrgreen: The rest of the trail was in very good shape although I agree that the last mile of Crooked Lk. is very gnarly and needs some help. Nice work to all!

yea, its a good re-route if it allows you/somebody to clean a section that was formerly unrideable for you. :roll: That seems to be the prevailing logic.

There were times that I made it and times that I didn't. Unfortunately, the way it was cut wasn't sustainable (eco trailwise) from what I understand. Made for a good day when I cleaned it.
Geff

Postby Dirtdevil » October 11th, 2010, 9:08 am

Paul Brown wrote:

Oooohhh, I am able to clean all of the climbs @ Poto...on my 26" geared rig. I wasn't able to clean this climb (as well as the other hills of *beep*) on my SS.... Just sayin' :roll:

Dirtdevil

Postby Bento » October 12th, 2010, 10:46 pm

There are pair of small/medium sized trees laying across the boardwalk just south of Doyle Rd. Should be no problem to ride over in the day, sort of a surprise at night.
Bento

Postby daffunda » October 13th, 2010, 9:33 am

I know it is for the best interest of trail preservation, but I have to say....

"Wait so the trail is now dumbed down? Nooooooooo!!!" :(
~www.trails-edge.com~

DISCLAIMER: The posts I make or have made in the past are strictly MY OPINION, AKA my two cents, and NOT in ANY WAY opinions of the MMBA or its associates. It is recommended to take it for what it is worth, which is two cents.
daffunda

Postby G.Cook » October 13th, 2010, 11:08 am

Dead fall is gone .
G.Cook

Postby Cook » October 13th, 2010, 11:47 am

Paul Brown wrote:

Hey *beep*, if the Poto is too easy for you why don't you strip all of your fancy-boy suspension off and ride old school rigid like a man.

Oh...never mind.

Jim
Cook

Postby bill_m » October 14th, 2010, 7:38 pm

In case anyone didn't see it in the Volunteers Needed section, Poto workday on Saturday!

http://mmba.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=100588
Potawatomi Chapter President
Join the Poto Chapter e-mail list: MMBA-Poto-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
bill_m

Postby Bento » October 20th, 2010, 4:14 pm

Good day for a sail on the Poto. The trail is packed down, leaf covered and a just a tad dusty.

The reroute of the downhill approach to one of the bridges, the one with lots of tasty roots on the other side, in the Hiland Lake area, looks good. Thanks to all that worked on that.
Bento

Postby adroit rider » October 24th, 2010, 8:38 pm

I enjoyed the reroutes today and was shocked that another hill of *beep* is gone.

The approach to the bridge used to be a game of chicken with a wood post that made me nervous but never hurt.

The Poto is becoming a full rigid trail one piece at a time but I am fine with that.
adroit rider

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions