Poto: Potawatomi

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Poto: Potawatomi

Postby ChrisInYpsi » April 26th, 2013, 7:04 pm

Didn't have time for a full lap tonight, but I rode Crooked Lake and Silver Lake and they were 99.5% fine.
ChrisInYpsi

Postby Mike 373 » April 26th, 2013, 7:21 pm

Thanks guys. Plan on taking my 10 year old son out for his first Poto ride. He is finally ready. Kinda excited.
Mike 373

Postby brokenbones » April 27th, 2013, 6:54 pm

Poto was fantastic today. Nearly all dry and clean. A few stretches of squishy ground for the first mile or so after the first Patterson Lake Rd crossing. The Gosling Lake reroute of last year is a complete success - dry as a bone. I was sure it wouldn't help much, but it did. Nice job guys! Lots of traffic out there today, but didn't see a single runner from this morning's event, just hikers, bikers, and dog walkers.
'Bones
brokenbones

Postby bespoke » April 28th, 2013, 10:43 am

I don't mind having the trail used now and then for running events but was surprised to see the organizers made no effort to clean up the trail after Saturdays Running Fit event. At 5pm there were hundreds of pink marker flags and mile markers scattered around the trail.

Here's a link to send the Race Director an email if you feel they should have done a better job of treading lightly: http://trail.runningfitsites.com/contact-us
bespoke

Postby c0nsumer » April 28th, 2013, 10:47 am

bespoke wrote:I don't mind having the trail used now and then for running events but was surprised to see the organizers made no effort to clean up the trail after Saturdays Running Fit event. At 5pm there were hundreds of pink marker flags and mile markers scattered around the trail.

Here's a link to send the Race Director an email if you feel they should have done a better job of treading lightly: http://trail.runningfitsites.com/contact-us

I'd give them a day. There's the possibility that they are going back out to do cleanup the day after.
Steve Vigneau
Big Ring Coffee MTB Racing
CRAMBA-IMBA Board Member
River Bends Park Co-Trail Coordinator
MMBA Website / Forum Administrator

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, the MMBA nor CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby Geff » April 28th, 2013, 10:59 am

c0nsumer wrote:
bespoke wrote:I don't mind having the trail used now and then for running events but was surprised to see the organizers made no effort to clean up the trail after Saturdays Running Fit event. At 5pm there were hundreds of pink marker flags and mile markers scattered around the trail.

I'd give them a day. There's the possibility that they are going back out to do cleanup the day after.

Yesterday was the half distance. Today is the marathon and 50k. They've been doing this race for 27 years, and are also stewards of the trail we ALL use. Please try not to jump to conclusions based on assumption(s) about treading lightly. This group puts in a decent amount of trail hours pulling invasive species, etc.
Geff

Postby bespoke » April 28th, 2013, 11:55 am

Geff wrote:
c0nsumer wrote:I'd give them a day. There's the possibility that they are going back out to do cleanup the day after.

Yesterday was the half distance. Today is the marathon and 50k. They've been doing this race for 27 years, and are also stewards of the trail we ALL use. Please try not to jump to conclusions based on assumption(s) about treading lightly. This group puts in a decent amount of trail hours pulling invasive species, etc.

That's cool, I didn't realize it was a 2 day event. I certainly wouldn't want to run a marathon distance on the trail!
bespoke

Postby Geff » April 28th, 2013, 12:01 pm

bespoke wrote:
Geff wrote:
c0nsumer wrote:I'd give them a day. There's the possibility that they are going back out to do cleanup the day after.

That's cool, I didn't realize it was a 2 day event. I certainly wouldn't want to run a marathon distance on the trail!

Right on!
Geff

Postby G.Cook » April 28th, 2013, 12:49 pm

and adding to the above;
And they are very much appreciated by Pinckney Rec. DNR for their efforts at the rec. area. They contributed to the "new" root bridge build , the new water pump and they are just as willing to help the rec area as much if not more then the Poto Chapter .
G.Cook

Postby Geff » April 28th, 2013, 1:29 pm

:icon_cheers: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright:
G.Cook wrote:

and adding to the above;
And they are very much appreciated by Pinckney Rec. DNR for their efforts at the rec. area. They contributed to the "new" root bridge build , the new water pump and they are just as willing to help the rec area as much if not more then the Poto Chapter .
Geff

Postby MLKuhl » May 4th, 2013, 1:07 pm

Full loop this am, trail is in good shape. Mostly dry with 3 or 4 greasy area's. There is one medium sized tree partially blocking trail at 3 miles? Also nice work on the reroute at about 12miles in, caught me off gaurd with that one.
MLKuhl

Poto Trail Maintenance - June 15th

Postby djansen00 » May 7th, 2013, 1:52 pm

There will be a trail maintenance day on the Gosling Loop of the Poto on Saturday, June 15th. Work will consist of boardwalk construction and other trail maintenance. Arrive at 9:00 a.m. at the Gosling Lake boat launch. http://goo.gl/maps/6lCsE

Wear work gloves, long pants and long sleeves. Bring water to drink and any tools you have that would aid in trail maintenance.

Please post back here with any questions. Thanks!
Dave
Wheels in Motion Racing - http://wimracing.org
Dirty Dropouts Email Ride List - https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/dirtydropouts
djansen00

Postby chong » May 8th, 2013, 7:44 am

MLKuhl wrote:Full loop this am, trail is in good shape. Mostly dry with 3 or 4 greasy area's. There is one medium sized tree partially blocking trail at 3 miles? Also nice work on the reroute at about 12miles in, caught me off gaurd with that one.

The tree in question is near trail marker #4. It certainly caught me by surprise last night considering it wasn't there Saturday.
chong

Postby barrybs » May 8th, 2013, 12:04 pm

chong wrote:
MLKuhl wrote:Full loop this am, trail is in good shape. Mostly dry with 3 or 4 greasy area's. There is one medium sized tree partially blocking trail at 3 miles? Also nice work on the reroute at about 12miles in, caught me off gaurd with that one.

The tree in question is near trail marker #4. It certainly caught me by surprise last night considering it wasn't there Saturday.

I'll go out and clear the tree this evening. If it's already gone please post up.

Barry
The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail. Travel too fast and you miss all you are traveling for.
Louis L'Amour
barrybs

Postby barrybs » May 8th, 2013, 10:01 pm

barrybs wrote:
chong wrote:

I'll go out and clear the tree this evening. If it's already gone please post up.

Barry

Tree is cleared...it was a big one!...thought about calling Greg to reroute around it :) In the end my little Stihl "arborist" saw and some patience came through once again.

Barry
The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail. Travel too fast and you miss all you are traveling for.
Louis L'Amour
barrybs

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments