Poto: Brighton

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Poto: Brighton

Postby vette-ss » July 7th, 2014, 8:33 pm

My experience is that Brighton dries before Island Lake. Very few places for mud pits to form at Brighton. Plus less traffic.
vette-ss
 
Posts: 284
Joined: March 2nd, 2009, 10:22 am
Location: Howell, MI

Re: Poto: Brighton

Postby countryboy_mike » August 5th, 2014, 6:57 am

Rode All loops on Sunday. The trail is in decent shape. Large cherry tree down on the Murray Lake loop approx mile 3.5 in the low lying section before the sandy climb leading to the camp. Chain saw will be needed.
There will be more rejoicing in heaven for one sinner who repents than for 99 rightous people who do not need to repent. Luke 15:7
2011 Motobecane 9357 Fly
2013 KHS SJ100
BYGG MTB Racing
User avatar
countryboy_mike
 
Posts: 246
Joined: May 9th, 2003, 7:06 am
Location: Howell, MI

Re: Poto: Brighton

Postby ChainMale » August 17th, 2014, 8:11 am

Rode Murray Lake on Sat 8/16, trail conditions were great, the big cherry tree is still across the trail, near the 6.5 mi, and the ride around, is pretty well established so does that mean it will stay there ? Either way is ok just wondering if the "dismount to get around", policy is the determining factor.
Watch out for the tree leaning over the trail at the beginning of the lost loop, it could be a real, head knocker
User avatar
ChainMale
 
Posts: 18
Joined: December 12th, 2009, 5:50 pm
Location: Howell

Re: Poto: Brighton

Postby BusDriver » August 17th, 2014, 8:24 am

ChainMale wrote:Rode Murray Lake on Sat 8/16, trail conditions were great, the big cherry tree is still across the trail, near the 6.5 mi, and the ride around, is pretty well established so does that mean it will stay there ? Either way is ok just wondering if the "dismount to get around", policy is the determining factor.
Watch out for the tree leaning over the trail at the beginning of the lost loop, it could be a real, head knocker

This tree will be removed by the end of the week.
Life Behind Bars

http://www.treefortbikes.com/

MMBA Poto Chapter Brighton Trail Coordinator
User avatar
BusDriver
 
Posts: 143
Joined: April 20th, 2007, 1:29 pm
Location: Brighton

Re: Poto: Brighton

Postby Hermannator » August 17th, 2014, 2:00 pm

Also low hanger on Murray right past the campground (about mile 4 3/4). Wedged between trees.
Hermannator
 
Posts: 176
Joined: August 28th, 2007, 9:41 am
Location: Howell

Re: Poto: Brighton

Postby Rainmann » August 18th, 2014, 3:25 pm

Widow maker tree hanging low in a turn about 3/4 mile or so before the lost/found loops (on murray lake). Had to duck pretty low to make is under and my pack almost hooked onto it and ripped me off me bike hahaha.
User avatar
Rainmann
 
Posts: 73
Joined: October 2nd, 2013, 5:41 am
Location: Mainer'd Transplant

Re: Poto: Brighton

Postby BigfootDenny » August 19th, 2014, 10:29 am

Hermannator wrote:Also low hanger on Murray right past the campground (about mile 4 3/4). Wedged between trees.


this tree has been removed this A.M.
User avatar
BigfootDenny
 
Posts: 170
Joined: December 11th, 2002, 10:41 pm
Location: Brighton

Re: Poto: Brighton

Postby Rainmann » August 25th, 2014, 6:27 pm

Trees down on both Murray Lake and Torn Shirt, when I rode on Sunday morning. One on Murray, just at the start of the fast section before mile marker 6.5. One on Torn, just before the crest of the longest climb (wanna say about 2.5 miles in???). Other than that, trails are looking good. Big thanks to whoever trimmed back the sandy downhill on Torn.... I can now see the stump I need to be avoiding :D
User avatar
Rainmann
 
Posts: 73
Joined: October 2nd, 2013, 5:41 am
Location: Mainer'd Transplant

Re: Poto: Brighton

Postby BusDriver » August 25th, 2014, 7:56 pm

Rainmann wrote:Trees down on both Murray Lake and Torn Shirt, when I rode on Sunday morning. One on Murray, just at the start of the fast section before mile marker 6.5. One on Torn, just before the crest of the longest climb (wanna say about 2.5 miles in???). Other than that, trails are looking good. Big thanks to whoever trimmed back the sandy downhill on Torn.... I can now see the stump I need to be avoiding :D


All trees removed Sunday/Monday.

PS: Did I see you out there Sunday ?

Thanks for the post!

Jay
Life Behind Bars

http://www.treefortbikes.com/

MMBA Poto Chapter Brighton Trail Coordinator
User avatar
BusDriver
 
Posts: 143
Joined: April 20th, 2007, 1:29 pm
Location: Brighton

Re: Poto: Brighton

Postby Rainmann » August 26th, 2014, 12:27 pm

BusDriver wrote:
Rainmann wrote:Trees down on both Murray Lake and Torn Shirt, when I rode on Sunday morning. One on Murray, just at the start of the fast section before mile marker 6.5. One on Torn, just before the crest of the longest climb (wanna say about 2.5 miles in???). Other than that, trails are looking good. Big thanks to whoever trimmed back the sandy downhill on Torn.... I can now see the stump I need to be avoiding :D


All trees removed Sunday/Monday.

PS: Did I see you out there Sunday ?

Thanks for the post!

Jay



Don't know Jay. I ride an Orange Soma SS and wear a full face helmet.... I'm pretty hard not to miss hehe.

- Chris
User avatar
Rainmann
 
Posts: 73
Joined: October 2nd, 2013, 5:41 am
Location: Mainer'd Transplant

Re: Poto: Brighton

Postby jreyst » Yesterday, 9:09 am

Any word on condition today? The Royal Oak area (where I'm at) got hit with decent rain yesterday but not sure about if the trail is rideable today or not.
--
John Reyst
Primary: 2007 Giant Trance (1x10)
Backup: 2013 Fezzari Wiki Peak
First Bike: 2004 Gary Fisher Cake
User avatar
jreyst
 
Posts: 65
Joined: August 5th, 2009, 10:31 am

Re: Poto: Brighton

Postby jreyst » Yesterday, 9:10 am

Any word on condition today? The Royal Oak area (where I'm at) got hit with decent rain yesterday but not sure about if the trail is rideable today or not.
--
John Reyst
Primary: 2007 Giant Trance (1x10)
Backup: 2013 Fezzari Wiki Peak
First Bike: 2004 Gary Fisher Cake
User avatar
jreyst
 
Posts: 65
Joined: August 5th, 2009, 10:31 am

Re: Poto: Brighton

Postby Rainmann » Yesterday, 10:38 am

jreyst wrote:Any word on condition today? The Royal Oak area (where I'm at) got hit with decent rain yesterday but not sure about if the trail is rideable today or not.


Lots of rain came through yesterday afternoon but Brighton usually drains pretty well. Probably be reasonably rideable after work, if it doesn't rain today.
User avatar
Rainmann
 
Posts: 73
Joined: October 2nd, 2013, 5:41 am
Location: Mainer'd Transplant

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ChrisInYpsi, drewlee13, Google Feedfetcher and 5 guests