Poto: Brighton

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Poto: Brighton

Postby g200 » September 2nd, 2016, 6:23 pm

Very nice this afternoon, especially with the relatively cool weather. New Torn Shirt part is excellent, nicely flowing. Thanks to everyone responsible for its production.
g200

Postby kbankes » September 4th, 2016, 7:14 pm

Love the new Torn reroute. Long with flow. Well done and thank you!
kbankes

Postby DynoDon » September 5th, 2016, 4:16 pm

Had fun on Torn Shirt Friday, I went back today it was so much fun, it makes you work to get back to the new section, but its well worth it, with no rain this year so we haven't had mosquitos, well thats all over, if you stop you will be greeted by swarms of little baby mosquitos, just keep rolling, they couldn't even keep up to me.. trail is in great condition, I stopped to pick up the bigger sticks, some little ones out there, but not bad. Miles of Smiles...
DynoDon

Postby Happy2BRiding » September 5th, 2016, 4:25 pm

kbankes wrote:Love the new Torn reroute. Long with flow. Well done and thank you!

I agree 100%. With all the hype and effort surrounding the Waterloo Trail (which is awesome also) it really is amazing how the crew that looks after Brighton continues to make it better and better each year. Kudos and thanks!
Happy2BRiding

Postby bender16v » September 13th, 2016, 6:32 pm

A couple of trees down on Murray Lake that will probably need a chainsaw. One in the beginning just before the dip. It's hiding just around a corner and there is enough room to squeeze through but not at speed... The second is just after the bench but before the log ride, not far from where another one was down earlier this year. A more aggressive rider than I was tonight could ride over that one. Sorry I don't have a very accurate location of that one.
bender16v

Postby LunchRider » September 14th, 2016, 6:46 pm

Quick question about the pink flags I saw on Murray Lake Trail last year off to the right.
I normally go right past it and up the hill and to the Bauer entrance/exit.
If I go down the trail that had the pink flags, will that add any miles to my ride and will it shoot me back out to the hill?
LunchRider

Postby fsr1 » September 14th, 2016, 8:59 pm

That tree is right after the last cutout into the campground.
Mark Dombrowski
Trail Coordinator Island Lake Recreation Area
http://www.teamtreefarm.com/
fsr1

Postby Hermannator » September 16th, 2016, 9:58 pm

Lunch Rider- Those pink flags actually lead to section of trail that has recently been accepted as legit by the DNR. Its called the Ralph loop and is named after a longtime trail-builder. It will add close to a mile to your ride. But you must take the first right after you follow that trail (if not then you end up on a hiking trail) and then cross over the hiking trail again as you move north. It will wrap around and you can either follow it back out to the flags again or you can take a sudden right and short cut up the steepest part of that hill. The signage is non-existent. However you really can't get lost as you are very close to the road. So go explore.....
Hermannator

Postby countryboy_mike » September 17th, 2016, 9:44 am

As of last night there is a decent sized tree down on Murray Lake mile 5 marker area past the campground.
There will be more rejoicing in heaven for one sinner who repents than for 99 rightous people who do not need to repent. Luke 15:7
2015 Motobecane Ti Fly 29er custom build
2017 Motobecane Lurch Fat Bike
2013 KHS SJ100
POTOMBA Chapter
Team Hometown
countryboy_mike

Postby LunchRider » September 23rd, 2016, 7:24 pm

Hermannator wrote:Lunch Rider- Those pink flags actually lead to section of trail that has recently been accepted as legit by the DNR. Its called the Ralph loop and is named after a longtime trail-builder. It will add close to a mile to your ride. But you must take the first right after you follow that trail (if not then you end up on a hiking trail) and then cross over the hiking trail again as you move north. It will wrap around and you can either follow it back out to the flags again or you can take a sudden right and short cut up the steepest part of that hill. The signage is non-existent. However you really can't get lost as you are very close to the road. So go explore.....

Thanks!
I finally got around to it yesterday. The added ride time was a blast!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LunchRider

Postby countryboy_mike » Yesterday, 12:59 pm

Tree down on Murray Lake just past the emergency exit to the camp ground. Just before you get to the bench. Will need a chainsaw.
There will be more rejoicing in heaven for one sinner who repents than for 99 rightous people who do not need to repent. Luke 15:7
2015 Motobecane Ti Fly 29er custom build
2017 Motobecane Lurch Fat Bike
2013 KHS SJ100
POTOMBA Chapter
Team Hometown
countryboy_mike

Postby Steve_Balogh » Yesterday, 2:32 pm

Did TS and Murray today. On TS just before the large log pile at the bottom of a hill is a downed tree not blocking the trail on the right side. A sharp branch was sticking out into the trail, so I stopped and was able to break the entire limb off the log and toss it in the woods. Was a potential spear, no problem now.
Steve_Balogh

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions