Poto: Brighton

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Poto: Brighton

Postby DRC » August 14th, 2016, 7:22 am

Starting from the Bauer Road entrance to Found Loop there was a large branch encroaching the trail about quarter mile that didn't require dismount to miss but a bit in the way, about a mile in from the same spot there is a large branch laying on the trail (on the downhill on the backside of Found) that will require a chainsaw (have to dismount and climb over). Once back on Murray Lake from Lost Loop there is a tree down near the log skinny and another down about a half mile later as you climb out from the swamp area before the downhill (before where the trail intersects the foot trail that runs to Boulder Creek). Pretty much everything will need a chainsaw. I didn't make it anywhere else other than Murray, Lost, Found - there is lots of wash out and tons of fresh sand in the corners and at bottoms of the downhills. Careful in the corners, the usual line needs to get pounded back out. My ride was way slow from all the sand and the oppressive humidity. But alas - it's Brighton and every ride at Brighton is great.
DRC

Postby topher » August 14th, 2016, 9:44 am

Medium size tree down on torn right before marker 5.25. Going to need chainsaw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
topher

Postby ssteinbe » August 14th, 2016, 2:41 pm

I echo what DRC said. There also a tree down on the cutoff from Murray to the Lost/Found Loops, right before the rustic campground road.
The recent heavy rains caused a lot of sand to be deposited at the bottom of hills and in some corners. It also caused many roots to be further exposed.

Steve
MCMBA/MMBA
ssteinbe

Postby BusDriver » August 15th, 2016, 5:05 pm

These trees have been taken care of, thanks for the report.

JC

DRC wrote:Starting from the Bauer Road entrance to Found Loop there was a large branch encroaching the trail about quarter mile that didn't require dismount to miss but a bit in the way, about a mile in from the same spot there is a large branch laying on the trail (on the downhill on the backside of Found) that will require a chainsaw (have to dismount and climb over). Once back on Murray Lake from Lost Loop there is a tree down near the log skinny and another down about a half mile later as you climb out from the swamp area before the downhill (before where the trail intersects the foot trail that runs to Boulder Creek). Pretty much everything will need a chainsaw. I didn't make it anywhere else other than Murray, Lost, Found - there is lots of wash out and tons of fresh sand in the corners and at bottoms of the downhills. Careful in the corners, the usual line needs to get pounded back out. My ride was way slow from all the sand and the oppressive humidity. But alas - it's Brighton and every ride at Brighton is great.
Life Behind Bars

http://www.wolverinebeer.com/
http://www.treefortbikes.com/

MMBA Poto Chapter Brighton Trail Coordinator
BusDriver

Postby The RideR » August 18th, 2016, 8:32 pm

Tree down at Appleton, first mile.
The RideR

Postby mtbdudex » August 24th, 2016, 10:01 am

^^yep me and my boys went over same tree
[img]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160824/a7ace658bff23dae4d4b2d0fe25e916f.jpg[/img]

Btw kudos to all the volunteers out Saturday Image

Via Mikes brain/thumb interface, LLAP
mtbdudex

Postby BusDriver » August 24th, 2016, 1:10 pm

All Brighton MTB trails are clear of downfall and are in good shape (except for the usual sand boxes).

The new Torn Shirt reroute is now open, come ride an addition mile of the infamous 7 mile Torn Shirt Trail.

Life Behind Bars

http://www.wolverinebeer.com/
http://www.treefortbikes.com/

MMBA Poto Chapter Brighton Trail Coordinator
BusDriver

Postby Jared13 » August 24th, 2016, 1:53 pm

My favorite trail at Brighton just got longer? You guys rock!
Jared13

Postby BigfootDenny » August 24th, 2016, 2:28 pm

Jared13 wrote:My favorite trail at Brighton just got longer? You guys rock!

Parking lot back to parking lot...Torn Shirt is a little over 8 miles now .
7.6 miles if you start from the Murray/Torn split sign and end at Bishop Lake Rd. prior to crossing over to Murray.

Great job, BusDriver !
BigfootDenny

Postby raptorTC » August 27th, 2016, 2:31 pm

Was out there this morning and finished up just as it started raining. New section of Torn Shirt will be a lot of fun once it gets ridden in a bit more.

Also, the signing around the found loop left something to be desired. There were a couple unmarked intersections that left me guessing, particularly around the meadow-ish part. I was pretty unsure of where I was going/that I was going in the right direction until I got to the log piles. I went with the "when in doubt turn right" approach, which worked until an unmarked intersection shot me out onto the road. I'll likely remember where to go now, but I can see that area being quite confusing to rider's doing their first laps out there, especially considering how well the rest of the trail is marked.
raptorTC

Postby T-Nave » Today, 8:13 am

Roughly what mile would that intersection be? I'm heading there this afternoon.
T-Nave

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions