Poto: Brighton

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Poto: Brighton

Postby Basta » May 9th, 2015, 6:57 pm

Murray is in good shape as reported...However there is TWO trees down, first one is couple miles in, second couple miles before the end.
Basta

Postby BusDriver » May 10th, 2015, 6:19 am

I would like to personally thank all of you that showed up yesterday for the Brighton workday. This was our largest volunteer group we've had in many years. It just goes to show the passion that the mountain bike community has for the Brighton trails. There is something about riding on single track that you have personally worked on that can't be expressed in words, those of you who do trail maintenance know what I'm talking about. Thanks again to everyone for all the hard work.

Jay

Life Behind Bars

http://www.treefortbikes.com/

MMBA Poto Chapter Brighton Trail Coordinator
BusDriver

Postby jmf003 » May 13th, 2015, 6:51 pm

Tree down on the Murray Lake loop, on the return near Murray Lake. Otherwise the trail is in great shape!

Awesome work by the volunteers on the Appleton loop. Incredible progress in a short amount of time!
jmf003

Postby Hermannator » May 13th, 2015, 9:16 pm

Two trees down on Murray. One at about mile 6.25 just before hill that leads to long fast staightaway. This one is smaller and won't need much of a chainsaw. Second tree down (big one) down on where Murray joins Torn Shirt right by road.
Hermannator

Postby BusDriver » May 16th, 2015, 7:20 am

Hermannator wrote:Two trees down on Murray. One at about mile 6.25 just before hill that leads to long fast staightaway. This one is smaller and won't need much of a chainsaw. Second tree down (big one) down on where Murray joins Torn Shirt right by road.

The big tree at the intersection by Bishop Lake road has been removed.

Thanks Tom

JC
Life Behind Bars

BusDriver

Postby BusDriver » May 16th, 2015, 11:20 am

There are a couple of reroutes currently being cut on the Torn Shirt trail. Some of you may have noticed flags and construction just after the first mile marker. Please do not ride newly constructed trails. These trails are not finished. Riding on these soft trails will cause tire ruts that will compromise drainage. These new reroutes are very steep and unstable at this time. Feel free to walk up it and check it out.

JC
Life Behind Bars

BusDriver

Postby amadkins » May 22nd, 2015, 5:02 pm

Murray lake was pretty killer with the exception of a few loose corners. Fun change of pace from my usual highland, Pontiac lake, and Milford rotation.
amadkins

Postby CardsHockey » May 26th, 2015, 7:18 am

BusDriver wrote:There are a couple of reroutes currently being cut on the Torn Shirt trail. Some of you may have noticed flags and construction just after the first mile marker. Please do not ride newly constructed trails. These trails are not finished. Riding on these soft trails will cause tire ruts that will compromise drainage. These new reroutes are very steep and unstable at this time. Feel free to walk up it and check it out.

JC

I did a quick search for my question but could not find an answer. What is the deal with the pink flags on the Found Loop? It looks like a lot of bikes have gone that way, but I chose not to just in case it was still a work-in-process. Thanks.
CardsHockey

Postby BusDriver » May 26th, 2015, 7:34 am

CardsHockey wrote:
BusDriver wrote:There are a couple of reroutes currently being cut on the Torn Shirt trail. Some of you may have noticed flags and construction just after the first mile marker. Please do not ride newly constructed trails. These trails are not finished. Riding on these soft trails will cause tire ruts that will compromise drainage. These new reroutes are very steep and unstable at this time. Feel free to walk up it and check it out.

JC

I did a quick search for my question but could not find an answer. What is the deal with the pink flags on the Found Loop? It looks like a lot of bikes have gone that way, but I chose not to just in case it was still a work-in-process. Thanks.

The pink flags are to keep riders on the Found Loop. That trail to the right (east) goes out to Bauer Rd.
Life Behind Bars

BusDriver

Postby countryboy_mike » May 26th, 2015, 7:57 am

Rode the all 5 loops on Sunday and the trail is in primo shape. The Appleton Lake loop is at the really bumpy stage as it is starting to pack down. A couple more weeks of traffic and it will be fantastic. I unfortunately came across a group of riders on the Murray Lake loop, one of which believe that she had broken her wrist. It looked pretty swollen and she couldn't move it. Hope she is fine. I think it happened on the down hill "s" curves after the first bypass to the lot. If you get out of the preferred line, it gets to be some pretty loose soil. She was walking up that hill when I crossed her path.
There will be more rejoicing in heaven for one sinner who repents than for 99 rightous people who do not need to repent. Luke 15:7
2011 Motobecane 9357 Fly
2013 KHS SJ100
1994 Trek 930
BYGG MTB Racing
POTOMBA Chapter
countryboy_mike

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments