Poto: Brighton

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Poto: Brighton

Postby b_b » May 12th, 2016, 9:48 am

Drains/dries great - all loops - quicker than Maybury.
b_b

Postby santaclausersolo » May 12th, 2016, 9:56 am

shredbetty61 wrote:How does this trail handle rain vs Mayberry? any particular loops better than others? would love to ride tomorrow- Friday.

As already mentioned, Brighton is a good trail to drain and dry pretty quickly.

In fact, I usually schedule brighton rides right after it rains, I think that's when the trail is best. All three loops seems to handle the rain about equally as well, with appleton having the most soft spots, likely due to being new and drainage hasn't "worn in" yet.
santaclausersolo

Postby TrekStache » May 15th, 2016, 2:50 pm

Just got done with a lap of Murray Lake, a few slick spots by the bridges, but overall great conditions. Should be some good rides in the near future with the warm weather.

This trail kicks my ass though, need to stop hanging out at island lake so often.
TrekStache

Postby 98HooKooFreeRider » May 17th, 2016, 6:36 am

Rode Torn Shirt yesterday just after the quick showers. The trail was the best I have ever seen.

To the builders, I cannot express just how I impressed I am with all of the work that's been done on the trail. WOW WOW WOW. Those amazing wave berms, YES!! That's exactly what we need in SEMI singletrack!!!!!!

If you carry speed correctly, the trail is ridiculous levels of fun!! But when you don't you're going to pay for your mistake haha. Just how I like them!

Excellent job as always!!!!

-Matt
Digging...it does a body good.
98HooKooFreeRider

Postby DRC » May 27th, 2016, 2:53 pm

Rider beware - tree down in first mile of Murray Lake in the world famous "flow" section - it's before you reach the "Dip" sign. The tree is around one of those super fun smooth corners so it comes up on you quick. I predict this thing will own someone this weekend.

It's only about 10"-14" diameter but it's long and wedged between other trees so I was not able to pivot it out of the way.
DRC

Postby BigfootDenny » May 27th, 2016, 4:05 pm

98HooKooFreeRider wrote:Rode Torn Shirt yesterday just after the quick showers. The trail was the best I have ever seen.

To the builders, I cannot express just how I impressed I am with all of the work that's been done on the trail. WOW WOW WOW. Those amazing wave berms, YES!! That's exactly what we need in SEMI singletrack!!!!!!

If you carry speed correctly, the trail is ridiculous levels of fun!! But when you don't you're going to pay for your mistake haha. Just how I like them!

-Matt

You're right ... great work has been done on Torn Shirt... and you will be happy to see what else is on it's way very soon ........ 8)
BigfootDenny

Postby 98HooKooFreeRider » May 28th, 2016, 8:43 am

BigfootDenny wrote:
98HooKooFreeRider wrote:Rode Torn Shirt yesterday just after the quick showers. The trail was the best I have ever seen.

-Matt

You're right ... great work has been done on Torn Shirt... and you will be happy to see what else is on it's way very soon ........ 8)

Well you've got my full attention :) keep us posted with updates!

-Matt
Digging...it does a body good.
98HooKooFreeRider

Postby b_b » May 28th, 2016, 11:57 am

-Matt

BigfootDenny wrote:You're right ... great work has been done on Torn Shirt... and you will be happy to see what else is on it's way very soon ........ 8)

Wow BR TC's are killing it.
This is my co-favorite trail system (with Highland).
Can ride here for almost 2 hours without lapping.
Three campgrounds and lakes to boot.
b_b

Postby BusDriver » May 28th, 2016, 4:18 pm

Tree removed. Thanks for the post.

JC

DRC wrote:Rider beware - tree down in first mile of Murray Lake in the world famous "flow" section - it's before you reach the "Dip" sign. The tree is around one of those super fun smooth corners so it comes up on you quick. I predict this thing will own someone this weekend.

It's only about 10"-14" diameter but it's long and wedged between other trees so I was not able to pivot it out of the way.
Life Behind Bars

http://www.wolverinebeer.com/
http://www.treefortbikes.com/

MMBA Poto Chapter Brighton Trail Coordinator
BusDriver

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments