Poto: Brighton

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Poto: Brighton

Postby countryboy_mike » April 11th, 2015, 6:22 am

Maybe much later this afternoon, we had a lot of rain the past few days. Sunday afternoon might be a better choice. I am hoping to run out there later this afternoon for a hike to check it out.
There will be more rejoicing in heaven for one sinner who repents than for 99 rightous people who do not need to repent. Luke 15:7
2011 Motobecane 9357 Fly
2013 KHS SJ100
1994 Trek 930
BYGG MTB Racing
countryboy_mike

Postby edhawk » April 11th, 2015, 2:40 pm

I walked the hiking trail this morning around 9 and it was in good shape. Mostly dry and in the few places where it seemed wet, it was only damp and a little tacky.

I saw a guy gearing up to head out when I left the trailhead.

I would think it is good to ride.
edhawk

Postby ChrisInYpsi » April 11th, 2015, 2:44 pm

I just finished riding Brighton. It's 100% dry and 173% awesome. Go ride.
ChrisInYpsi

Postby DRC » April 13th, 2015, 12:39 pm

There is a tree down on lost loop just past the spot where found loop meets back up to lost, not far from the sign that directs you at the split of lost and found if you were to follow lost loop. It is big enough that it could not be moved without a saw but should be a quick removal with hand saw or chain saw.

Trail was in fantastic shape this weekend.
DRC

Postby BusDriver » April 15th, 2015, 8:12 am

DRC wrote:There is a tree down on lost loop just past the spot where found loop meets back up to lost, not far from the sign that directs you at the split of lost and found if you were to follow lost loop. It is big enough that it could not be moved without a saw but should be a quick removal with hand saw or chain saw.

Trail was in fantastic shape this weekend.

This tree has been removed, thanks for the post.

JC
Life Behind Bars

http://www.treefortbikes.com/

MMBA Poto Chapter Brighton Trail Coordinator
BusDriver

Postby vette-ss » Yesterday, 2:55 pm

So Jay, what's the scoop on the new trail work being done? Or is it too early to spill? I saw your truck out there last week so I figure it was a chapter effort. I hiked all that was there yesterday. Looks like it came about in pretty fast order. Surprised to see so much work done out there without a call for volunteer help. To me it appears to be an easier/warmup loop that gives the campgrounds better accessibility to the trailhead location. Nice work! Can't wait to give it a spin.
vette-ss

Postby countryboy_mike » Yesterday, 5:03 pm

Vette-ss,
That is exactly what it is. It is geared toward a beginner trail to make the trail network a bit more accessible to those not experienced in trail riding. A lot of the trail was done with "mechanical" help, hence the quick production.
There will be more rejoicing in heaven for one sinner who repents than for 99 rightous people who do not need to repent. Luke 15:7
2011 Motobecane 9357 Fly
2013 KHS SJ100
1994 Trek 930
BYGG MTB Racing
countryboy_mike

Postby vette-ss » Yesterday, 6:25 pm

Cool....thanks Mike! When done there's going to be quite a few miles of trail at Brighton Rec. Its already pushing close to 19 if you ride it all as it stands. What's the new section add.....maybe 3?
vette-ss

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments