Poto: Brighton

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Poto: Brighton

Postby jmf003 » October 8th, 2014, 7:57 am

Scaryrider wrote:Finally got out there tonight- weekend did not turn out like I had hoped...
Found the tree on Torn Shirt at the 3.75-4 mile mark- good job on the location on that one- taken care of.
I did not find the tree on Murray around the 8 mile mark. I did not have time to ride the whole loop, it was threatening rain. I rode from the 4 way intersection far east end by
Bishop Rd./ Bauer Rd. (about the 7.5 mile mark) back west to the end of the trail. Did not find any trees down. Was raining and getting dark by then, so I called it a day.
If that tree is still here, let me know- I might get out again tomorrow night. Better location?

I recorded the ride on Strava and will email you a screenshot showing where I think I walked around the tree.
jmf003

Postby The RideR » October 10th, 2014, 7:48 am

Rode both Murray and Torn Shirt. Both trails are in great condition, with Torn Shirt having more leaf, pine needles and some dead fall on the ground. Beautiful time to ride.
The RideR

Postby SteveF » October 13th, 2014, 8:04 am

Trail in very good condition for this time of year. Did a quick TS/ML loop yesterday afternoon and made it up every climb. They aren't as gravelly and loose as they often are this late in the season. Excellent re-routing continues on both loops and they only keep getting better.

Did come across an exciting spot on Torn Shirt. Riding downhill into a sharp, blind, slightly off camber right turn and YIKES! Big hole from a fallen tree's rootball. Reroute to the right of the small tree that wants to push you into the hole is already pretty well established. Quick celly pic:

Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets replaced.
SteveF

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments