Poto: Brighton

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Poto: Brighton

Postby SteveF » June 28th, 2013, 2:48 pm

reidabel wrote:How are the trails? Thinking of riding (torn shirt and murray lake both) out there tomorrow morning, but I know that the Brighton area recently got a lot of rain that skipped the Lansing area. Is it okay or not?

Yankee Springs is the best bet coming from around here, Reid. Thinking about hitting it myself sunday!
Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets replaced.
SteveF

Postby Docc178 » July 2nd, 2013, 4:18 pm

Trail conditions please?
Docc178

Postby qt314159 » July 2nd, 2013, 7:44 pm

Trails are in good shape. The bottom of most hills are sand pits and a few lingering mud pits that have been around since the start of June. Tree down in last quarter mile south of Bishop road. Will need a saw.
qt314159

Postby mrbikester » July 2nd, 2013, 8:35 pm

My wife Rita and I rode Murray Lake trail and it was in good shape. It drained really well after all that rain. Loved the three reroutes in first mile or so. Haven't ridden there since last year and those reroutes eliminated some very nasty root filled climbs. The trail flows so much better now and there are still some challenging sections to make this trail a lot of fun. Only negative was the amount of mosquitos but that is expected after all the rain. Just be sure to use a bug repellent.
There were some nasty face slappers that we got rid of with my trusty little saw and clippers.
mrbikester

Postby Steve_Balogh » July 5th, 2013, 5:41 pm

Did a couple of laps on Murray this afternoon. Lots of sand, very few people out riding, didn't see any runners or other foot traffic, mostly people out at the beach. The Lost Loop was in perfect shape, not too much sand,
Steve_Balogh

Postby drewlee13 » July 10th, 2013, 12:56 pm

Anyone ride today? Thinking about riding tonight after work.
drewlee13

Postby 98HooKooFreeRider » July 10th, 2013, 1:03 pm

I know there is a race this Saturday but was hoping to get out earlier in the morning for a 630am ride. Am I limited to Torn Shirt or will ML be clear still that early?

Thanks!!

-Matt
Digging...it does a body good.
98HooKooFreeRider

Postby pongomoto » July 10th, 2013, 1:41 pm

First wave of racers don't go off until 10am so you should be good to ride ML. The parking lot doesn't start to fill up until 8:30ish so you should be good there too. Actually, the race uses a different parking lot so I guess you don't have to worry about that at all.

And technically you are allowed to ride the trail during a race, just be ready for lots of traffic if you ever do.
pongomoto

Postby Dakota Kid » July 10th, 2013, 2:34 pm

pongomoto wrote:Actually, the race uses a different parking lot so I guess you don't have to worry about that at all.

Which parking lot will the race be using?
Dakota Kid

Postby 98HooKooFreeRider » July 10th, 2013, 2:52 pm

pongomoto wrote:First wave of racers don't go off until 10am so you should be good to ride ML. The parking lot doesn't start to fill up until 8:30ish so you should be good there too. Actually, the race uses a different parking lot so I guess you don't have to worry about that at all.

And technically you are allowed to ride the trail during a race, just be ready for lots of traffic if you ever do.

Thanks for your reply!

I wouldn't ever want to hinder someone's race times just to ride a specific trail anyway so maybe this will end up being the gentle nudge to ride TS for the first time since 1999 :) Just got an XC bike this year after not having one since 2003-ish :)

-matt
Digging...it does a body good.
98HooKooFreeRider

Postby pongomoto » July 10th, 2013, 2:59 pm

Dakota Kid wrote:
pongomoto wrote:Actually, the race uses a different parking lot so I guess you don't have to worry about that at all.

Which parking lot will the race be using?

Watch for the Tailwind signs for parking. Tailwind starts you off across the dirt road from the entrance to the booth. You actually drive a small dirt road in the opposite direction of the booth entrance and then loop back to a grass parking lot. Think Pontiac Lake race day grass parking lot.
pongomoto

Postby Shaft » July 11th, 2013, 11:02 pm

Torn Shirt is in good shape, completely dry. Some of the trail is a bit eroded from all the rain which made it even more fun.
Shaft

Postby mrbikester » July 15th, 2013, 10:25 pm

Tailwind did a great job on Saturday. The race was very well organized and Brian Wissman and his family work very hard to put on a good race.
mrbikester

Postby Leroi Brown » July 16th, 2013, 7:23 am

I like the new sign, designating the "Lost Loop" and the "Found Loop"! Trail was in excellent shape on Sunday.
"Falling down the mountain
End up kissing dirt
Look a little closer
Sometimes it wouldn't hurt" - INXS - Kiss The Dirt

Cross Country Cycle Racing
www.crosscountrycycle.com
Leroi Brown

Postby bax » July 16th, 2013, 9:07 am

Murry Lake loop was all clear as of 7:30 this morning, just a couple wet spots!
bax

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments