Poto: Brighton

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Poto: Brighton

Postby vette-ss » January 9th, 2017, 9:58 pm

Are we talking about Ralph's loop? Its only had 1 name since its been official trail.
vette-ss

Postby countryboy_mike » January 10th, 2017, 7:36 am

I think he was referring to Lost, Found and Ralph Loops ( 3 loops in similar area. ) We did this because the were done in stages and opened at separate times, hence the different loops. I never heard Ralph's loop referred to anything but Ralph's because it wasn't a "legal" trail until it was opened and named Ralph's.
There will be more rejoicing in heaven for one sinner who repents than for 99 rightous people who do not need to repent. Luke 15:7
2015 Motobecane Ti Fly 29er custom build
2017 Motobecane Lurch Fat Bike
2013 KHS SJ100
POTOMBA Chapter
Team Hometown
countryboy_mike

Postby b_b » January 10th, 2017, 8:17 am

Yep and I'm not complaining. Just saying I can see how it could seem to confusing to someone from out of town (like Gotrikate). In my mind it's one loop with 2 short cut options, which you'd be silly to take and miss some sweet trail. :) Love that section and Ralph's addition.
b_b

Postby gjt1980 » January 10th, 2017, 9:25 am

Heading out on the trail it is my first ride in fresh snow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gjt1980

Postby ihateplaindave » January 13th, 2017, 2:10 pm

I know Brighton was in better shape than most trails a while back. Anyone know how it survived the recent rain/freeze apocalypse?
ihateplaindave

Postby LunchRider » January 13th, 2017, 2:21 pm

I was out there this morning and turned around after 100 yards or so. There was not much ice, but enough to potentially cause problems.
LunchRider

Postby gnardawg » January 13th, 2017, 2:30 pm

LunchRider wrote:I was out there this morning and turned around after 100 yards or so. There was not much ice, but enough to potentially cause problems.

Having a hard time with your post here. Could you clarify any more?
gnardawg

Postby CannondaleMike » January 13th, 2017, 6:00 pm

I would assume limited ice but when traveling at close to normal speed, bam, down you go due to an ice patch? Maybe studs are still required on our local trails? Hard to believe with all the rain.
CannondaleMike

Postby TrekStache » January 14th, 2017, 4:20 pm

LunchRider wrote:I was out there this morning and turned around after 100 yards or so. There was not much ice, but enough to potentially cause problems.

Decided to try and ride brec today but have to agree with the guy above. Some parts of the trail are perfect then you run into heavy ice build up. Hopefully the warm weather and people riding tomorrow may break it up?
TrekStache

Postby rogermeyerink » January 15th, 2017, 2:53 pm

Rode Murry lake, lost and found loops today. Murry Lake and Lost loop are pretty good, maybe 10-15% ice. Found loop is mostly ice (~60%).

Overall good ride. I rode with studded tires, but you could easily get by without them for the majority of the trail.
rogermeyerink

Postby Edauminati » January 16th, 2017, 9:31 am

Rode Murray Lake without studs fatbike and a lot of ice but ridable. Torn shirt is definately in better shape.
Edauminati

Postby BusDriver » January 19th, 2017, 6:26 pm

DRC wrote:
I realize this may be an unpopular opinion but I like that the Brighton maps are vague. It reminds me of skiing out west, the resort provides a trail map as a general outline but if you want to access the goods, you either have to put in the time to find it or keep up with some locals. It's not just handed to you.

Another Brighton gold nugget that can't be outlined on a trail map is that (in my opinion) the best loop combinations certainly don't start from the trailhead.

Hey DRC, that opinion may not be as unpopular as you think . . . . . :wink:

JC
Life Behind Bars

http://www.wolverinebeer.com/
http://www.treefortbikes.com/

MMBA Poto Chapter Brighton Trail Coordinator
BusDriver

Postby DRC » Yesterday, 8:31 am

BusDriver wrote:
DRC wrote:
I realize this may be an unpopular opinion but I like that the Brighton maps are vague. It reminds me of skiing out west, the resort provides a trail map as a general outline but if you want to access the goods, you either have to put in the time to find it or keep up with some locals. It's not just handed to you.

Another Brighton gold nugget that can't be outlined on a trail map is that (in my opinion) the best loop combinations certainly don't start from the trailhead.

Hey DRC, that opinion may not be as unpopular as you think . . . . . :wink:

JC

:icon_thumleft:
DRC

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions