Poto: Brighton

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Poto: Brighton

Postby reidabel » April 19th, 2013, 12:31 pm

How does it look? Is a morning ride tomorrow possible? I don't know how much rain you guys got over there ...

Thanks
reidabel

Postby edhawk » April 20th, 2013, 1:28 pm

I put on my Iceman gear and went out and rode Murray, lost and found loops around 11:00 this morning. I was surprised to see as much snow dusting the ground in many places. It was about 32 degrees out with a good breeze blowing. The trails were mostly dry and hard packed. I only saw a few spots of tacky mud and maybe one spot where it was a little soft. I also saw sand and loose dirt as well. I was the only one out there for most of my ride.

I cleared two trees, but also took note of a couple of trees that protruded into the trail. One, near the 4 mile on Lost looks like it fell away from the trail, but a sharp split came up from the base and could get your ankle. I think the other bad one was near the 6 marker? Most of these can be ridden around, but keep your head up to watch for them. The entire ground was covered with snow near the log teepee on Lost. The bridge connecting to Lost was wet and snow covered. I spooked out three whitetail near the 5 marker. Trail was in good shape.
edhawk

Postby jbolenbaugh » April 20th, 2013, 1:52 pm

Also rode this morning. Torn Shirt also in good shape. There is a tree down about 3/4 through torn shirt but you can easily ride around to left. May not even need to be cleared may end up being a bit of a natural reroute.
Team : Wheels In Motion
Great Quotes
"I really love my 29er cannondale single speed, but now that strava exists and I live next to ILRA i'm going to need some gears to look better"
"Quote Redacted" -Racing Greyhounds member
jbolenbaugh

Postby senorvalenz » April 22nd, 2013, 12:44 pm

Rode both loops Sunday (April 21st). Good ride- only a couple small (2 ft) muddy spots. Thought it might be wet because Lansing was very wet.
senorvalenz

Postby barry1me » April 29th, 2013, 9:17 am

any updates on the trail conditions
barry1me

Postby edhawk » April 29th, 2013, 4:32 pm

just walked the hiking trail. We saw no soft mud. Left no footprints. We saw a couple of cars in the lot with bike racks. Saw a few runners. It should be good to ride.
edhawk

Postby vette-ss » April 30th, 2013, 7:48 am

Wife and I rode Mon evening (her first time at Brighton). Trail was in excellent condition considering Sunday's rain. It was an all-day rain but light enough that it didn't really amount to much. No slippery or soft spots even worth mentioning.
vette-ss

Postby barry1me » April 30th, 2013, 7:46 pm

anyone go ride today? If so how was it?
barry1me

Postby Redstone Liger » May 1st, 2013, 6:39 am

Torn shirt was great, maybe 10' of mud total. I would suspect Murray was similar.
In the beginning if ts there's a tree top stinking into the trail that was to big to move. Hand saw would take a moment to clear.
Scott

“All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity.”
Gordie Howe
Redstone Liger

Postby BusDriver » May 1st, 2013, 11:21 am

Trail Maintenance Day

Sorry about the short notice, but this Saturday we are planning a reroute on the Torn Shirt Trail. No experience necessary just a will to help improve the trail. Most of the work will entail using a mcleod hoe and finish work after the mini dozer cuts a new trail.

Where: Torn Shirt trailhead Brighton recreation area parking lot.
When: 9 AM
What to bring: longsleeved shirt and pants, workboots, work gloves, safety glasses.
Water will be available.
Volunteers will need to have a park pass for the day or have a recreational passport on their license plate.

Any questions post them up here.

Jay
Life Behind Bars

http://www.treefortbikes.com/

MMBA Poto Chapter Brighton Trail Coordinator
BusDriver

Postby Coyote » May 1st, 2013, 8:39 pm

Trail was in fantastic condition tonight. Was just a beautiful evening for a ride.
Coyote

Postby barry1me » May 1st, 2013, 10:47 pm

Coyote wrote:Trail was in fantastic condition tonight. Was just a beautiful evening for a ride.

I second that...I love Brighton, fun time. I did smoke a tree today though and got some nice rash on calf from the bark of the tree lol.
barry1me

Postby FREEDOM35 » May 3rd, 2013, 6:08 am

Torn Shirt wants you! What a great technical trail that's in prime condition =)
No one likes to admit they ate nine cans of ravioli
FREEDOM35

Postby ChrisInYpsi » May 5th, 2013, 12:48 pm

Rode all the loops this morning and they're all in great shape. Beautiful day for a ride too.

Nice job on the reroute in Torn Shirt. Pretty impressive to get that done in 1 day.
ChrisInYpsi

Postby 98HooKooFreeRider » May 6th, 2013, 8:00 am

Any other work days planned yet??
Digging...it does a body good.
98HooKooFreeRider

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments