MCMBA: Maybury

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: MCMBA: Maybury

Postby b_b » Yesterday, 12:57 pm

I also had to ask one guy 3 times for a pass before he responded, but I wonder if he was not hearing me. I rarely have any issues. Most folks make space right away when they hear my loud hubs or I have to ask only once.
b_b

Postby CFH » Yesterday, 1:00 pm

MOST of the time if not every time people move out of the way when something is said... *beep* sometimes you dont have to say anything and the person moves for you. I think yesterday was just an anomaly... also maybe the whole 275 construction is putting a chip on my shoulder...
CFH

Postby barry007 » Yesterday, 1:04 pm

I might have better luck at 225lbs and 6'3 on a fatty - it's gotta look like a Mack truck to a 150lb'er on their epic.
"You can't be defeated if you're still Fighting"
barry007

Postby DynoDon » Yesterday, 1:45 pm

I have a Air-Zound, air horn, the bell just didn't speak everyones language, (Air-Zound speaks all languages) it even get through to people with earbuds in, I rung a bell a few times behind a runner with buds in at Poto, no responce, ""ON YOUR LEFT", he turned left putting me in the woods, I bought the Air-Zound, problem solved. I give a short blast to warn, and a long blast is almost never needed. Hikers believe it or not thank me, many times.
Going for a timed lap when there are a lot of people out on any trail is asking for trouble, weekdays, or early morning is best.
DynoDon

Postby c0nsumer » Yesterday, 1:50 pm

DynoDon wrote:I have a Air-Zound, air horn, the bell just didn't speak everyones language, (Air-Zound speaks all languages) it even get through to people with earbuds in, I rung a bell a few times behind a runner with buds in at Poto, no responce, ""ON YOUR LEFT", he turned left putting me in the woods, I bought the Air-Zound, problem solved. I give a short blast to warn, and a long blast is almost never needed. Hikers believe it or not thank me, many times.
Going for a timed lap when there are a lot of people out on any trail is asking for trouble, weekdays, or early morning is best.

I once had a guy at Poto keep checking his phone as I rang my bell. It was pretty amusing. It took three double-ding sets before he finally looked behind him and saw me about 20' back waving hi.
Steve Vigneau
Bald Mountain Trail Coordinator / Addison Oaks Co-Trail Coordinator

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby santaclausersolo » Yesterday, 2:14 pm

I know you guys can get this to 5 pages of passing discussion and war stories.
santaclausersolo

Postby mmrobertson69 » Today, 6:06 am

I guess that makes him . . .

(Wait for it..)

(I'm pretty proud of this one...)

A real 'PASS' - hole!

Get it?

Hahahahahaha!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk
"Nice bruise. What did you hit, a tree?"

"No, the ground."
mmrobertson69

Postby santaclausersolo » Today, 7:06 am

mmrobertson69 wrote:I guess that makes him . . .

(Wait for it..)

(I'm pretty proud of this one...)

A real 'PASS' - hole!

Get it?

Hahahahahaha!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

I like it.
santaclausersolo

Postby b_b » Today, 8:22 am

Watch out for the big hole at Maybury! :shock:
b_b

Postby 2wheeltyson » Today, 8:30 am

CFH wrote:Yeah it was a Zoo... and people need to understand when I yell "PASS" it means get the F over! And I did wait til it was a pass point on the trail... I cant tell how many people I saw last night that didnt get out of the Fing way. So sick of that!

Also... what a good lap time at the trail now with the first area being changed?

A good lap time is dependent on the rider....Fast laps for me is low 30's. For others it's in the 27's!!!
2wheeltyson

Postby jreyst » Today, 8:33 am

I'm a 48 year old clydesdale (208 avg.) and a very good day for me is low 30s, a pretty good day is high 30s, and when trying to work back into shape its low 40s :(
--
John Reyst
Primary: 2007 Giant Trance (1x10)
Backup: 2013 Fezzari Wiki Peak
First Bike: 2004 Gary Fisher Cake
jreyst

Postby b_b » Today, 8:57 am

https://www.strava.com/segments/667963

I'd login and look at "This Year" since the trail has changed and is now a little longer. You don't need to pay to create a login to see that.
b_b

Postby turbotodd » Today, 9:22 am

b_b wrote:https://www.strava.com/segments/667963

I'd login and look at "This Year" since the trail has changed and is now a little longer. You don't need to pay to create a login to see that.

there are new segments for the entire trail including the new trailhead. the ones you'd want to look at are these:

https://www.strava.com/segments/9257852?filter=overall

https://www.strava.com/segments/9246751?filter=overall
turbotodd

Postby vas » Today, 10:35 am

back to the topic pa$$holes :-) ... I know we got a lot of rain yesterday but if anyone checked it out please post.
vas

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments