MCMBA: Maybury

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: MCMBA: Maybury

Postby vas » February 11th, 2015, 3:16 pm

went out to try it (with skinnies) but had to bail after half a mile or so... if you are very good at keeping dead center on the trail you should be ok but if you step outside a bit the snow grabs your wheel right away... I did the paved trail loop a couple times around though and I enjoyed it a lot! nice and peaceful :-)
vas

Postby reachchris » February 12th, 2015, 10:36 am

Road the trail 26x4.0 tires at 6pm. No issues but was getting slick with the temp drop and light snow/rain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
reachchris

Postby risnewski » February 12th, 2015, 8:31 pm

Did a night ride there tonight and conditions were great. Still rough/bumpy from winter trail head to that first paved path crossing going the normal direction. That's also the area with greatest risk of rider drift because the packed in area is narrower than the rest of the trail where Early Rider and his wife have been snow shoe grooming. I rode studs because I was too lazy to switch, but Early Rider used normal tires with no real slipping and sliding.
risnewski

Postby bergie05 » February 15th, 2015, 4:55 pm

Rode this afternoon; conditions are pretty much perfect right now. Packed solid, very wide path. Ride it while it lasts!
bergie05

Postby Steve_Balogh » February 16th, 2015, 12:01 am

I was also out there, here's was it looks like, did not have to walk anything:
Steve_Balogh

Postby DRC » February 20th, 2015, 9:03 am

I skied at Maybury last night. I'm not a fat biker but the current conditions seem as good as it gets for winter riding. The skiing was great as well, although the I could have done without the sub zero temps...
DRC

Postby barry007 » February 20th, 2015, 11:45 pm

Conditions were great tonight. Image
"You can't be defeated if you're still Fighting"
barry007

Postby ChrisInYpsi » February 22nd, 2015, 2:29 pm

Full Maybury is nicely packed and in good shape for fat biking.

The edges of the trail just off the compacted tread are very soft. Can grab your tire and create "off trail excursions". Lots of evidence of this, including one from me in a nice fast downhill section. :-)

And WTH happened to Beck Rd? Took a serious beating this winter!
ChrisInYpsi

Postby jnwbiker » February 22nd, 2015, 10:00 pm

ChrisInYpsi wrote:Full Maybury is nicely packed and in good shape for fat biking.

The edges of the trail just off the compacted tread are very soft. Can grab your tire and create "off trail excursions". Lots of evidence of this, including one from me in a nice fast downhill section. :-)

And WTH happened to Beck Rd? Took a serious beating this winter!

+1 - Trail was in great fat bike shape today. And I found out that wiping out in the snow is almost enjoyable.

-jw
"Never argue with an idiot in public. Bystanders may not know who is who." - Unknown
jnwbiker

Postby rigid44 » February 23rd, 2015, 9:51 pm

Rode this trail the past two days on a Rigid 29er (2.4 F, 2.25R) running 15-18 psi. As long as you stay on the pack, this trail is a blast. Can still carry some really good speed on the downs, and the pack has plenty of traction on the ups. Ride this trail on any bike.
rigid44

Postby Dirtdevil » February 25th, 2015, 3:16 pm

Rode the complete trail this morning on my skinny tires. Near perfect condition!

:twisted:
Dirtdevil

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments