MCMBA: Maybury

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: MCMBA: Maybury

Postby b_b » June 19th, 2016, 8:01 am

I forgot to mention last Wednesday I saw albino turkey AND unicycle within yards of each other. What are the odds? What's next a unicorn?
b_b

Postby DynoDon » June 19th, 2016, 10:35 am

you should have bought a lottery ticket that day.. good to hear she is still around, good sighting...
DynoDon

Postby BLOOMIS914 » June 19th, 2016, 5:14 pm

Rode Sat afternoon....trail is in great shape and getting tighter with full growth encroaching on both sides. Thanks to those doing the trimming. No face slappers or anything major impeding a great pace.
"Speed doesn't kill, it is the sudden stop that gets you"
BLOOMIS914

Postby DRC » June 24th, 2016, 7:21 am

There is a leaner on the fast downhill (parallel to the dirt access road) following the first road crossing before you get to the winter trail head.
It's not low enough to risk hitting your head and I suspect that it was leaning before and now is just leaning more - maybe since the wind we had earlier in the week. So no real direct interference with the trail but it's big and if it moved this week from wind, probably a matter of time before it moves more.

Other than that, trail is dry and dusty.
DRC

Postby vas » June 24th, 2016, 7:16 pm

DRC wrote:There is a leaner on the fast downhill (parallel to the dirt access road) following the first road crossing before you get to the winter trail head.
It's not low enough to risk hitting your head and I suspect that it was leaning before and now is just leaning more - maybe since the wind we had earlier in the week. So no real direct interference with the trail but it's big and if it moved this week from wind, probably a matter of time before it moves more.

Other than that, trail is dry and dusty.

Actually it is getting pretty low now... if you are tall need to be careful as it is a the fast section.
vas

Postby bentmettle » June 27th, 2016, 9:48 am

First bit of trail could use raked. Sorry I ran out of time and couldn't finish picking up.

I might have a couple more hours next week- where else needs de-jungled?
/\/\att |3ushore
bentmettle

Postby earworm » June 28th, 2016, 10:30 pm

Rode it today, everything was in good shape, just very dry and a little loose in parts. I light rain would help some I think.
earworm

Postby turbotodd » June 29th, 2016, 9:19 am

trail was good yesterday. big thanks for the trim work
turbotodd

Postby b_b » June 29th, 2016, 10:26 am

Nice improvement at the bottom of the hill on the newer reroute. That area was getting pretty chewed up from all the "oh shat" braking.
b_b

Postby IronMike » Yesterday, 12:04 pm

Yeah, it's pretty loose. Tires were at my all time lowest pressure yesterday and still had the bike slide out from under me. Thanks for all the trimming! Still a few hidden slappers in section 3 to warrant a blast shield.
IronMike

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments