MCMBA: Maybury

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: MCMBA: Maybury

Postby Genetic_ » January 22nd, 2017, 4:12 pm

Chains really need to be up. I spent over an hour repairing the segment between the road and the winter access. I spoke with several noob riders that didn't know any better and encouraged MCMBA membership.
Genetic_

Postby Genetic_ » January 22nd, 2017, 4:14 pm

I repaired the segment from the road to the Winter Access. Spoke to a few noob riders about why the trail gets damaged. I also recommended mcmba membership. Chains really need to be put up until it freezes.
Genetic_

Postby gnardawg » Yesterday, 8:44 am

Genetic_ wrote:I repaired the segment from the road to the Winter Access. Spoke to a few noob riders about why the trail gets damaged. I also recommended mcmba membership. Chains really need to be put up until it freezes.

Agreeeed! Stopped there to take a break on my road ride Saturday, and saw half a dozen cars with bikes. Debated going over there to "educate" them, but didn't feel i could do it without being overly confrontational. Getting thawed out early this year, and even though there's another freeze coming, just put the chains up. If the ground is frozen, i'll hop them but they'll keep the freds from ruining things if we get a repeat of this weekend.
gnardawg

Postby Zerort » Yesterday, 8:40 pm

What are Freds and how would you "educate" them?

Unless you man a guard shack at the parking lot, people are going to ride where, and when they choose.

All of this so called damage you fear is a yearly occurrence and yet every trail in SE Michigan is rideable every Spring.

All the trail police need to relax.
Zerort

Postby b_b » Today, 10:36 am

I just hope trails are not covered in deep frozen ruts when they firm up in a few days. They're not very enjoyable and can wipe you out.
b_b

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions