MCMBA: Maybury

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Metro South: Maybury

Postby Steve_Balogh » June 5th, 2010, 8:51 pm

Maybury was hit a little hard by yesterday's storm, much like the rest of Northville. About four trees down, and several puddles. Saw the DNR out with chainsaws, so hopefully it will be back in shape soon.
Steve_Balogh

Postby Snowybunting » June 7th, 2010, 8:01 pm

Still some trees down across the trail, and there were some slick mud puddles. If you can handle your bike you should be ok. I fell.
Snowybunting

Postby Maestro » June 8th, 2010, 8:23 pm

Still quite few trees down. Need chainsaw. One midway between 1st asphalt and second asphalt crossing. One before winter loop turn. One after rock gardens.
Maestro

Postby b_b » June 8th, 2010, 9:00 pm

Maestro wrote:Still quite few trees down. Need chainsaw. One midway between 1st asphalt and second asphalt crossing. One before winter loop turn. One after rock gardens.

4 total not counting the couple over head that are not a problem.
That first one you mention is right after the new berm.
Yep 2nd one is just before the cut off.
The 3rd one is just past where the tricycle used to be.
The 4th one is not very far from the 3rd one.
b_b

Postby froggyrider » June 8th, 2010, 9:49 pm

Oh, no- the tricycle is gone? I hadn't noticed... I wonder if a felled tree took it out... :(
froggyrider

Location: I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy. Dorothy Parker

Postby b_b » June 9th, 2010, 7:38 am

froggyrider wrote:Oh, no- the tricycle is gone? I hadn't noticed... I wonder if a felled tree took it out... :(
I think somebody moved it, but I forget where it is now.
b_b

Postby Kjordan » June 9th, 2010, 2:53 pm

any trails days scheduled to clean up the trees and brush?
Kjordan

Postby froggyrider » June 9th, 2010, 7:14 pm

We will have trail work days leading up to the August race, but I am not sure if the Trail Coordinator has any planned before then. Feel free to go out and lop. Usually, the DNR would have to saw the trees...
froggyrider

Location: I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy. Dorothy Parker

Postby Augie » June 9th, 2010, 7:44 pm

Heard the ranger at Maybury left. Wonder if it will get done by them?!? Do we need to check with the TC or office before "volunteering"?
Augie

Postby froggyrider » June 9th, 2010, 7:55 pm

Feel free to get info from Mike Flack (sherpaboy), the TC- he was going to meet the new DNR staffer.
froggyrider

Postby froggyrider » June 9th, 2010, 8:19 pm

Just an FYI for those who ride at Maybury:

The Metro South chapter meeting will be held Monday, June 14th at Maybury State Park. We have the Oak Shelter reserved (the one by the modern bathroom) from 4 pm- dusk/closing.

The meeting starts at 7 pm.

Please bring your bike, and get there early and ride before and/or after the meeting!

We will have grilled sausages and burgers (plus veggie versions of both) for donations.

We have promoted this meeting at the parks where people ride in hopes that we?ll get some interested ?future? members out to meet and greet. Bring a friend so s/he can see what the MMBA is all about!

Let?s hope for good weather. But the shelter is covered. If there is a really, really bad storm predicted for the time during the actual meeting, we?ll announce an indoor location Monday.

The agenda will be posted on the MMBA site this weekend.

Folks from other chapters and non members are welcome to join us for an evening of riding and enjoying each other's company.

Thanks,
froggyrider

Postby poirier » June 9th, 2010, 10:01 pm

As of 8PM all but the first one had been removed.

b_b wrote:
Maestro wrote:Still quite few trees down. Need chainsaw. One midway between 1st asphalt and second asphalt crossing. One before winter loop turn. One after rock gardens.

4 total not counting the couple over head that are not a problem.
That first one you mention is right after the new berm.
Yep 2nd one is just before the cut off.
The 3rd one is just past where the tricycle used to be.
The 4th one is not very far from the 3rd one.
World's Best Dad Bod

This forum is to be used for entertainment purposes only
poirier

Postby daffunda » June 11th, 2010, 1:38 pm

6/11 PM - Haven't seen maybury this muddy all year. all trees are clear, but many many mud holes, two or three big ones, and couple more small ones, all scattered throughout. If you want to get an idea of how muddy, I had mud all over the shins and riding bib.

Wouldn't recommend riding it really, until it clears up more.... mud hole just gets deeper and more ruttier.... But couple of "hardcore" Wednesday night riders rode three laps on it, so..... to each his own i guess.
~www.trails-edge.com~

DISCLAIMER: The posts I make or have made in the past are strictly MY OPINION, AKA my two cents, and NOT in ANY WAY opinions of the MMBA or its associates. It is recommended to take it for what it is worth, which is two cents.
daffunda

Postby MikeBl » June 12th, 2010, 9:01 am

Made it out there Friday after noon, great job on the tree clearing accomplishments. A few areas of standing water and mud that were easily rode through, nothing slippery around turns. Be careful and ride smart - trail is OK to ride. Many people were on the trail Friday. If we get a rain Sat/Sun, I would say avoid for at least 36 hours, maybe more.
Ventana El Toro/Burton Custom X - Two of my three favoriite rides
MikeBl

Postby Nelg » June 12th, 2010, 1:17 pm

No rain yet today (sat june 12) and it's perfect. A couple mud holes, but tacky and fast. Go ride before it rains again!
NMMBA Past President
http://facebook.com/nmmba
Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the stance nor representative of the MMBA or NMMBA.
Nelg

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions