MCMBA: Maybury

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Metro South: Maybury

Postby GFish72 » May 25th, 2009, 6:33 pm

Sherpaboy wrote:just fyi...I hiked in with Cadie today and hacked a large portion of the tree root out. The main trail is clear and you'll now be able to maintain the flow in that section. I think we'll leave the remaining portion of the root for now...just watch your outside pedal going through that section...

I may chainsaw the rest out...but wanted to see what the tree is going to do first.

Thanks for doing that! Just saw it today, looks ok.
GFish72

Postby Bruck » May 29th, 2009, 6:07 am

Assuming no rain today, will Maybury be ready to go this evening?
Bruck

Postby specialized08 » May 29th, 2009, 5:31 pm

Bruck wrote:Assuming no rain today, will Maybury be ready to go this evening?

Should be since we didn't get too much extensive rainfall- However the forecast suggests that it may rain when you're out there... Good luck on the venture
specialized08

Postby kcnado » May 30th, 2009, 6:59 am

Rode 2 laps last night. Aside from the mud pit right before the end of the loop, trail is in great condition.
Face slappers seem to have grown overnight!
I think the rain was needed for many of the trails around here... the sand was under control finally!
Time to ride!
kcnado

Postby 3d » June 2nd, 2009, 7:48 am

anyone want to venture a guess as to maybury's ridability later this evening after the rain last night? i don't ride it often enough to know how fast it drains
3d

Postby utabintarbo » June 2nd, 2009, 4:10 pm

3d wrote:anyone want to venture a guess as to maybury's ridability later this evening after the rain last night? i don't ride it often enough to know how fast it drains

I'd chance it. It drains well enough.
utabintarbo

Postby specialized08 » June 2nd, 2009, 5:21 pm

utabintarbo wrote:
3d wrote:anyone want to venture a guess as to maybury's ridability later this evening after the rain last night? i don't ride it often enough to know how fast it drains

I'd chance it. It drains well enough.

Should be ok.. Might be a bit moist, if I recall correctly it was still raining around 7AM this morning?
specialized08

Postby 3d » June 3rd, 2009, 8:28 am

i ended up riding, a little moist in some spots, but still firm and hard packed for the most part so it wasn't saturated by any means. just a couple small mud holes and the infamous one right before the trail head which was about two bike lenghts long.
3d

Postby jumpstumper » June 4th, 2009, 11:29 am

The mud pit at the end of the trail is pretty bad, not unlike the section of the trail was earlier in the Spring, where the bridges are now. The rest of the trail was fine with only a couple small, soft spots. I suspect that it will need work to fix it. I don't think it will dry up on it's own, even with nice weather. It's a bit of a shame since the rest of the trail is good.
jumpstumper

Postby Augie » June 6th, 2009, 3:11 pm

Just got back from volunteering at National Trails Day. About 6 of us took on the face slappers at Maybury. The mud pit at the end of the trail is starting to dry up finally. Awesome time with some awesome people.
Augie

Postby Sherpaboy » June 6th, 2009, 3:14 pm

Augie,
Thanks for the help...it is always appreciated.
Mike AKA Sherpaboy
Sherpaboy

Postby EnRaz » June 6th, 2009, 6:07 pm

Trail is in great shape, and FAST FAST FAST!! Mud hole near the end is tacky, but no problem to traverse. Had a great time riding today, except for when I came upon a rider going the wrong way on a fast section. Not cool...

Regardless, I hit Lakeshore for a lap then headed to Maybury, and did my fastest lap ever... a 34 flat. I know it's not that good, but it's good for me! :)
EnRaz

Postby bbarel » June 7th, 2009, 8:26 pm

Trail was perfect this morning. Tires stuck like glue almost everywhere and it was fast. I also put down my fastest lap time this year and crushed my time for 3 laps. It don't get any better than it was today.
bbarel

Postby GC » June 9th, 2009, 8:46 am

Thoughts or reports on how Maybury will be today early evening?
GC

Postby normlobo » June 9th, 2009, 8:47 am

maybury should be fine. i rode it last night around 7-7:30. Some wet spots, one mud hole, but overall very fast.
normlobo

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions