MCMBA: Maybury

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Metro South: Maybury

Postby 3d » May 17th, 2009, 5:44 pm

rode it today (first time out on the mtb this year, for shame), trail is great, and nice work on the bridge, the only signifigant soft spot was right before the trailhead
3d

Postby Dirtdevil » May 18th, 2009, 9:58 am

Rode Maybury yesterday (Sun) Trail was in very good shape, although there is a tree down in the back 1/2 of the trail, after the "sandy climb" and immediately after the rock drop. It catches you off guard as you are just beginning to gather some good speed then WHOA !! The mud pit at the very end before the climb out is pretty nasty.
Dirtdevil

Postby TEAMBAMF » May 18th, 2009, 2:26 pm

wtf is with those tree's!!!
TEAMBAMF

Postby jrshome » May 19th, 2009, 3:56 pm

anyone out today? just wondering what the mud is like. Trying to decide which bike to ride tonight. Just cleaned up the geared bike and I don't feel like washing in again tonight.
jrshome

Postby Sherpaboy » May 19th, 2009, 6:31 pm

Mud wasn't an issue last night...Sift yes, Muddy no.

As for the tree...I didn't get a chance to stop and look at it. But I bet if someone stops it is movable by hand. If not let me know.
Mike
Mike AKA Sherpaboy
Sherpaboy

Postby Dirtdevil » May 20th, 2009, 8:10 am

I stopped at the tree....almost looks like it's a large root from a tree just off of the trail. It will need cutting. A ride-around is slowly developing to the left of it.
Dirtdevil

Postby Sherpaboy » May 20th, 2009, 9:06 am

oh yea....that is a root. I was thinking of the tree that is down further back on the trail near the first rock pile in the Boy Scout Loop.
Mike AKA Sherpaboy
Sherpaboy

Postby mbmoehl » May 20th, 2009, 8:30 pm

rode the trail after work tonight and its great. Maybury is quickly becoming my favorite...curvy, silky smooth, fast 'n' just twisted enough to keep things interesting. I'd read about the root before the ride, but it was still a surprise. Looking forward to the xc in August.
mbmoehl

Postby jrshome » May 20th, 2009, 9:00 pm

Rode the trail for first time in a while tonight. I have to say a big thankyou to the crew the put those bridges in. I am real sorry that I missed that trail day.
jrshome

Postby ibisman » May 21st, 2009, 2:30 pm

I did two laps this morning and those bridge thingies are cool. Thanks for fixing that area! The tail was in great shape and did a couple of .38 minute laps. Not bad for having knee surgery 4 weeks ago....look out tomorrow morning when I get up though.
ibisman

Postby Felt29er » May 22nd, 2009, 8:22 am

Trail was in good shape last night. Drying up nicely, fast for this time of year. Is the space between the 2 rocks after the winter loop turn off getting smaller? I am making a little bunny hop there to insure no pedal contact with the rocks on either side. Also, after the double rock drop toward the end there is a tree that the root has raised up from 3" to about 9-10". I takes a pretty good bunny hop to clear it and it is after the flowing, left hand turn after the double rock drop. One area toward the very end with mud but that's it.
Felt29er

Postby kcnado » May 22nd, 2009, 9:09 am

Rode 2 loops last night. I said it before, but I'll say it again... THANK YOU FOR THE BRIDGES!!!! That out and back section is fast, and adding the bridges really keeps the tires moving!

Trail was in great shape yesterday, getting a bit sandy at the beginning already. Lots of riders out when I was leaving!
kcnado

Postby specialized08 » May 22nd, 2009, 5:42 pm

ibisman wrote:I did two laps this morning and those bridge thingies are cool. Thanks for fixing that area! The tail was in great shape and did a couple of .38 minute laps. Not bad for having knee surgery 4 weeks ago....look out tomorrow morning when I get up though.

You weren't by chance the one who let me pass and we basically tailed the whole way were you? I however, only rode one lap. Hats off to you for doing it again I remember pulling out and thinking about tailing you for the second round :)
specialized08

Postby ibisman » May 23rd, 2009, 7:52 am

No, as you can see by my avatar's favorite saying.... I am a marine.... a lot older but...I don't usually let anyone pass me. Just kidding, nope no one passed me. I did see a couple of guys at the trailhead after I stopped at the end of lap no. 1.
ibisman

Postby Sherpaboy » May 24th, 2009, 10:01 pm

just fyi...I hiked in with Cadie today and hacked a large portion of the tree root out. The main trail is clear and you'll now be able to maintain the flow in that section. I think we'll leave the remaining portion of the root for now...just watch your outside pedal going through that section...

I may chainsaw the rest out...but wanted to see what the tree is going to do first.
Mike AKA Sherpaboy
Sherpaboy

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions