MCMBA: Maybury

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Metro South: Maybury

Postby TEAMBAMF » May 5th, 2009, 3:03 pm

yea i want to go out today after work again, but im soo sore from yesterday! lol Dont know if he is on here but there was one guy just killing it on the trail yesterday, had a hot pink bike frame.
TEAMBAMF

Postby normlobo » May 5th, 2009, 3:43 pm

his name is Mark Becker. he is quick
normlobo

Postby daffunda » May 5th, 2009, 9:28 pm

And is a RIGID SINGLESPEED. One time I asked if he wanted to pass, but he just hanged behind me for a while until I yielded couple miles later as I figured he is faster than I am as he was matching me move by move, and every climb. I'll never underestimate a fully rigid singlespeeder.

Enough about that, the new BRIDGE is nice. I wish I was there to help put it in. It is about time that bridge was put in. Too bad the trailday overlapped with Custer, otherwise I would've done Maybury trailday instead of ILRA....

Maybe put those mesh things like they do at stony on the bridge? I have a feeling those can get slick when wet.

By the way there is still a tree down.... I tried to ride over it, but smacked my BB... So the DNR still hasn't beat you to it as of Tuesday
daffunda

Postby specialized08 » May 5th, 2009, 9:40 pm

daffunda wrote:
By the way there is still a tree down.... I tried to ride over it, but smacked my BB... So the DNR still hasn't beat you to it as of Tuesday

Two days ago I smacked the same tree trying to ride over it- Today I got off and carried haha
specialized08

Postby TEAMBAMF » May 6th, 2009, 8:39 am

i ended up going out anyway yesterday, lots of people again, and i dont see how anyone can ride over that tree at the end!!!
TEAMBAMF

Postby HiptonRadcliffIII » May 6th, 2009, 10:06 am

daffunda wrote:Maybe put those mesh things like they do at stony on the bridge? I have a feeling those can get slick when wet.

I know that was discussed when we were putting it in. There was question over how well the mesh holds up to the kind of traffic those bridges will see. We tried to make the wood sections fairly flat with little camber. the turning should be done on the dirt part of the berms. That was the thought anyways, time will tell.
HiptonRadcliffIII

Postby risnewski » May 6th, 2009, 2:25 pm

I rode Maybury this morning and the DNR guys were hunting down the fallen tree to clear. Should be gone by now.

I love the work done on the mud pit in the winter section. You folks done great!
risnewski

Postby Augie » May 7th, 2009, 7:47 am

Tree is gone. Bridges are awesome. Trail is great, for now. Look at the forecast, ouch!
Augie

Postby Sherpaboy » May 7th, 2009, 9:36 am

Thanks to Tom and Frank (Maybury DNR Manager and Ranger) for removing the tree for us...I got tied up with other things this week at the shop.
Mike AKA Sherpaboy
Sherpaboy

Postby otherdave » May 12th, 2009, 7:27 am

Trail was great last night. The trailday fix over that bad muddy area is hard packed and fast!
otherdave

Postby specialized08 » May 13th, 2009, 8:56 am

Trail rode great as always yesterday, only a few (two to be exact) areas on some downhills where the loose dirt might present a problem for some. A little after the 2 Mile and around the 4.5 mark
specialized08

Postby kcnado » May 14th, 2009, 6:41 am

Havent ridden here since before all the rain started this year.
How well is this trail draining & drying this year?
kcnado

Postby TEAMBAMF » May 14th, 2009, 11:18 am

its sweet!, now includes bridges over the mud pits.
TEAMBAMF

Postby kcnado » May 15th, 2009, 8:31 am

Yup- that bridge is AMAZING! Thanks for those that built.
A few tacky spots here and there, but trail was in great condition! Left with maybe 7 dots of mud of my legs!
kcnado

Postby blurt » May 16th, 2009, 12:26 pm

I rode Maybury on Thursday evening and the trail is in great conditions. Thanks to those who put the work into the trail. Unfortunately, in my hurry to get home, I left my front wheel in the parking lot. If anyone saw a 29er Bontrager wheel on Friday morning or know anything about it please send me an email at rxmonchamp@yahoo.com. Thanks.
blurt

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions