MCMBA: Maybury

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Metro South: Maybury

Postby TEAMBAMF » April 15th, 2009, 8:19 am

its gonna be soaked in between 2 and 3 mile for the next couple days unless it starts warming up.
TEAMBAMF

Postby Sherpaboy » April 15th, 2009, 9:02 am

ok I am not very good at judging this and don't want to ride if its not appropriate. if the rain stops at 12 today like its supposed to should the trail be good for a ride tomorrow at 4 PM?

I posted some rules of thumb previously...here is a recap
1.) If it rains give the trails 24-48 hours to dry back out (depending on the rain). for example if it rains for 24 hours straight...double that number for drainage to really kick in (so 48 hours). If it rains for an hour of light stuff...I would wait at least 3 hours or until the next day.

2.) If the trails look muddy...jump out onto the park road. Please report the conditions as well.

So it rained yesterday a bit, and this morning. I would guess that by tomorrow (Thur 4/16) at 2-3pm ish you'll be fine. But please see #2 above. Typically the soils perk (or drain) quite well, unless the temps go back below freezing. So the trails do have the occasional wet spots, but overall drain fairly quick. Of course sunny skies, windy conditions and some warmth will always speed it up.
Mike AKA Sherpaboy
Sherpaboy

Postby BikerRisa » April 15th, 2009, 9:18 am

thanks. I think normally i give it way too much time before i venture out and end up missing a lot of rides
BikerRisa

Postby Sherpaboy » April 15th, 2009, 1:27 pm

I was just out there hiking and removed the downed tree. The trail was already starting to dry...I'd say that later tonight the majority will be back to dry with the occasional wet spot. FYI the worst was the wet spot near the winter trail head (newest section of trail).
Mike AKA Sherpaboy
Sherpaboy

Postby specialized08 » April 16th, 2009, 12:04 am

I'm probably going to go out there tomorrow and check out the conditions assuming the sunny/warm weather holds for me before I have to work at 4- If I end up riding or not i'll post up how it looks/rides
specialized08

Postby normlobo » April 16th, 2009, 12:51 pm

road the trail last night (4/15) - trail was in overall very good condition and pretty dry - pretty amazing after the rain we got. Thanks MIke and team!
normlobo

Postby ibisman » April 16th, 2009, 1:24 pm

Yep, the trail was great this morning. a few mud puddles here and there. finally got it down to 38 min.
ibisman

Postby specialized08 » April 16th, 2009, 3:33 pm

ibisman wrote:Yep, the trail was great this morning. a few mud puddles here and there. finally got it down to 38 min.

I'm assuming you drive the focus? I pulled in at about the same time as you, left a bit after you. Either way, rode the trail this morning and like Sherp said, the only real wet spots were near the winter trail head. Everything else panned out ok, couple nice drops at the beginning made for some un-diagnosed noise coming from my cranks though :(
specialized08

Postby BikerRisa » April 16th, 2009, 7:04 pm

hey i lost my biking glasses tonight. if you happen to find them please let me know. they were greenish color and the frames were colored
BikerRisa

Postby ibisman » April 17th, 2009, 10:53 am

nope, civic.
ibisman

Postby TEAMBAMF » April 17th, 2009, 11:19 am

*beep* it! i work through all this nice weather, then the day i have off (sunday) its gonna be cold and rainy! that was the day i was going to go out.
TEAMBAMF

Postby dime86 » April 17th, 2009, 12:28 pm

Rode during lunch today.
Trail is in great condition except for the one muddy area.
dime86

Postby jasonhelle » April 17th, 2009, 2:51 pm

It was my first time mountain biking today (ever), I had a blast (I only crashed once). I did the first three miles of the trail, their was only that one wet spot. Thanks to the guy at the trail head, he informed me about the trail splitting off (I don't think I made it that far). I think I'll stick to going during the week until I get better, because their are less people (man, you guys go fast).
jasonhelle

Postby BikerRisa » April 17th, 2009, 2:56 pm

I am not good enough to ride the whole trail but prefer the later part of the trail. so i looked at the map and found the first spot that trail comes near the paved trail and I start there. that first leg seems to have most of the bigger hills
BikerRisa

Postby jasonhelle » April 17th, 2009, 3:51 pm

BikerRisa wrote:I am not good enough to ride the whole trail but prefer the later part of the trail. so i looked at the map and found the first spot that trail comes near the paved trail and I start there. that first leg seems to have most of the bigger hills

Thanks, I'll try that, because I really struggled on a few of them.
jasonhelle

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions