MCMBA: Maybury

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Maybury

Postby MikeBl » November 18th, 2008, 3:36 am

Any trail conditions report? Would like to know if the trail is OK to ride or not. :roll:
Ventana El Toro/Burton Custom X - Two of my three favoriite rides
MikeBl

Maybury

Postby mmba7417 » November 19th, 2008, 9:32 pm

Rode the trail this evening. Light snow cover in the woods but the trail is clear and very rideable. The leaves are packed down and only a couple lightly frozen over mudholes. I had studded tires but think it is quite rideable studless, go for it.
mmba7417

Re: Maybury

Postby Steve_Balogh » November 20th, 2008, 11:51 am

mmba7417 wrote:Rode the trail this evening. Light snow cover in the woods but the trail is clear and very rideable. The leaves are packed down and only a couple lightly frozen over mudholes. I had studded tires but think it is quite rideable studless, go for it.

I rode Maybury the previous day around 2PM, using Pythons - I only had trouble with a few slippery roots, & had to take it slow in a few sections ins the first half of the trail. The last half was nice.
Steve_Balogh

Sunday 11/23

Postby don_delagrange » November 24th, 2008, 8:19 am

I rode (slower than usual) yesterday morning from 10-12. Very ridable without studs. A few muddy spots where the sun melted the snow and ice.
don_delagrange

Postby daffunda » November 27th, 2008, 1:16 pm

Rode Thanksgiving morning. Some bare spots where the sun hits, which can get muddy, but the other sections were hardpacked snow, which is great. Rode with Exiwolfs, and was totally fine. Little more snow and it would be great.....

I really don't want to buy stud tires, so I guess i'll enjoy this before it freezes up...
daffunda

Postby plaindave » December 3rd, 2008, 10:41 pm

Rode half of the trail tonight. It was ridable, but difficult. Lots of tires slipping and sliding - studs would not have helped. Not as muddy as I thought it might be. It will be rough when the slush/snow freezes and studs will be required.
"You can't be a Real Country unless you have a beer and an airline-it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer."

-- Frank Zappa
plaindave

Postby ihateplaindave » December 5th, 2008, 8:51 am

Rode w/ Plaindave (I hate that guy) on Wed and it was a real grind. Go ride ILRA. Much better conditions.
ihateplaindave

Postby EarlyRider » December 6th, 2008, 12:20 pm

Rode Maybury this morning 1 or 2 inches of powder over crusty ?pizza cutter? riddled frozen snow. Lots of rolling resistance, however, 2nd lap was a bit easier when I stayed in my previous tread, could smooth out nicely with a few more riders.
EarlyRider

Maybury 4PM

Postby Steve_Balogh » December 6th, 2008, 7:08 pm

Took my Fatbike out there today, I can only speak for about half the trail as I got out on a late start. Did 1/2 the trail taking the short cut back half way, and did another smaller lap within that. I wasn't sure what time the gates would close, otherwise I would have done the whole trail. I only had trouble with ice in the parkinglot, had no trouble climbing or descending on the trail, studs should not be necessary. From what I seen it seemed a fair amount of bike traffic.
Steve_Balogh

Postby Bcar » December 7th, 2008, 4:36 pm

maybuy was great today! 100% rideable w/o studs, did two laps, got funny looks from xc skiers :lol: perfect winter riding conditions, super grippy snow.
A2 Local Loop TC
The Steeper the better...
If they call it Tourist Season, why can't we shoot them??
Bcar

Postby risnewski » December 7th, 2008, 5:03 pm

Bcar wrote:maybuy was great today! 100% rideable w/o studs, did two laps, got funny looks from xc skiers :lol: perfect winter riding conditions, super grippy snow.

That's funny. I went skiing there this afternoon and asked a couple coming back to the car about conditions and they said "Great--and there's a crazy guy out there on a bike." I got the feeling they thought it was both cool and weird.
risnewski

Postby Bcar » December 8th, 2008, 9:27 am

:)

another big snow and the mtn bike trail will be good to ski.
A2 Local Loop TC
The Steeper the better...
If they call it Tourist Season, why can't we shoot them??
Bcar

Postby bharring » December 10th, 2008, 11:18 pm

[URL=http://g.imageshack.us/img228/dsc00039om8.jpg/1/][IMG]

Beautiful day out there today! :P :P :P
Perfect Friction Ice (that?s the 1/8 to 1/2 inch of frozen snow on top of the frozen base. It's like riding on vecro- you stick! That's with studs!
Three loops were had! :wink:
bharring

Postby weida » December 29th, 2008, 4:05 pm

Anyone know what the trail's like today? I'm considering giving it a try if it's not too muddy.
weida

Postby jlovett » December 29th, 2008, 6:24 pm

I'd stay off until things freeze up. Maybury has taken it's fair share of abuse this year.
"Financing The American Dream, One Yard At A Time"

http://www.jlovett.com
RACING GREYHOUNDS
jlovett

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions