MCMBA: Maybury

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Postby WICCMB » October 19th, 2008, 9:19 pm

Did you cut out a tree to fit your personal riding style, or are you simply commenting that the tree has been cut out? :?:
WICCMB
Administrator

Postby Sherpaboy » October 20th, 2008, 8:08 am

Jon,
I believe he cut the tree for us based on our request as well as others on this board. I would have done this as well if I had the time.

Thanks for the help Jason
Mike AKA Sherpaboy
Sherpaboy

Postby sklevorn » October 20th, 2008, 10:51 am

WishIcouldcatchmybreath wrote:Did you cut out a tree to fit your personal riding style, or are you simply commenting that the tree has been cut out? :?:

No - that'd be uncool.

Normal response for clearing deadfall is a thanks BTW.
sklevorn

Postby fuelex9 » October 20th, 2008, 11:08 am

i just started mt. biking this summer and have rode maybury only about 8 or 10 times, i was wondering how my times compared to everyone else, my my personal best was just under 33 mins when its normally about 34
fuelex9

Postby scat silvurz » October 20th, 2008, 11:34 am

sure you're riding the whole thing?
Five fingers, three chords, and one *beep*.....!
scat silvurz

Postby fuelex9 » October 20th, 2008, 11:43 am

yes, and sorry i now know i posted in the wrong area! thank don]
fuelex9

Postby jlovett » October 20th, 2008, 12:25 pm

Did a few laps yesterday and all I can say is, "What a perfect day to ride". The trail was fast and in good shape, the temp was right and I even saw a few deer out there.
"Financing The American Dream, One Yard At A Time"

http://www.jlovett.com
RACING GREYHOUNDS
jlovett

Beautiful fall conditions today:)

Postby opselite275 » October 30th, 2008, 9:47 pm

Had a awesome ride out here today. The tires were grabbing and I played the leaves nicely.
Make It A Great And Healthy Day!

Personal/Fitness Training In Downtown Northville

www.foreverfittrainer.com
opselite275

Postby normlobo » November 1st, 2008, 2:37 pm

rode this morning with a buddy and the trail is in great shape. leaves make it fun!
normlobo

Postby Eirene » November 7th, 2008, 4:42 pm

Got a late morning ride in. :)

Trail was in good shape; a little tacky from last night?s rain but no standing water and only a few muddy spots. Even with the wet leaves it wasn?t as slick as I was expecting; I only found 1 tricky spot ?a combination of wet leaves, roots on an uphill turn within the first mile. My riding partner said he had a slick spot on a tight turn which was covered in wet leaves on the last mile and a half.
There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart ...pursue those.

You mtb men take this "riding together" as an act of intimacy don't you? - singletrack mind
Eirene

Postby alexyoung » November 11th, 2008, 10:49 pm

rode maybury on monday and it was not muddy, it wasn't dry, but the trail wasn't unstable. There are leaves EVERYWHERE and they don't play nice with small block 8's F/R. It was a great ride though.
alexyoung

maybury on monday

Postby ibisman » November 12th, 2008, 9:48 am

hmmmm, I rode monday morning and I saw mud, and it was slick. maybe my Pythons (which are bald) did'nt grip very well as I could only do laps in the high 30's. :roll:
Martyrs or marines
who do you think gets,,
the virgins?
USMC 1968-1972
32,845.5 total trail miles since 2002
TRAIL Miles for 2014--1809.9-. 2015 fatbike trail miles--:1416
2016 miles..... 228 1/2 :)

Co-trail coordinator Lakeview drive /Hines drive trails
ibisman

Postby alexyoung » November 12th, 2008, 10:31 am

I went that evening, and when I got done with the ride there was nothing on by bike but a couple of leaves. That's why I say it was wet, but not muddy. There were a couple of mud holes, but I just jumped over them.
alexyoung

nice hike today, except for being run over?

Postby drbrockenshire » November 16th, 2008, 3:38 pm

So you see the IMBA rules of the trail at trail heads these days. That's great!!!!! SO why don't hikers follow basic rules like that? Hiking on the "hiking trails" with my 4 year old today in the snow even, we "ran" into a group of at least 30 people hiking top speed????? Of course no manners, no warning, just a push you off the trail attitude. I jumped left at an intersection and my son tried to follow, but was run over by the marching crowd. Any ideas who the group was? Sierria club fundraiser? What happened to the rule of not going in "large" groups? Not even an acknowledgement that they were coming or a sorry for running you over.

Oh well, at least they were unarmed, I think?
drbrockenshire

Re: nice hike today, except for being run over?

Postby HiptonRadcliffIII » November 17th, 2008, 2:17 am

drbrockenshire wrote:So you see the IMBA rules of the trail at trail heads these days. That's great!!!!! SO why don't hikers follow basic rules like that? Hiking on the "hiking trails" with my 4 year old today in the snow even, we "ran" into a group of at least 30 people hiking top speed????? Of course no manners, no warning, just a push you off the trail attitude. I jumped left at an intersection and my son tried to follow, but was run over by the marching crowd. Any ideas who the group was? Sierria club fundraiser? What happened to the rule of not going in "large" groups? Not even an acknowledgement that they were coming or a sorry for running you over.

Oh well, at least they were unarmed, I think?

If you were a hiker, you'd probably report the incident and ask/write/request to revoke mountain bikers trail access to a greater extent. funny how these things work, but just maybe the squeakiest wheel gets the oil.
HiptonRadcliffIII

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions